1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Manager's Graveyard

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 8, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Is it just me thinking something that isn't actually true or has there been a shed load of Managers biting the dust this season? In my head, and I can't be bothered to look up the facts, there almost seems to be at least one every week.

Some of the sackings I've seen seem a bit strange to say the least. The beeb site says that 2 managers have hit the deck and burnt this week. One is Rotherham who are bouncing along quite nicely at the foot of their league so maybe fair enough. The other one is Derby who sit 5th in their league with plenty of games to go to get into an automatic promotion place. Have to say I wonder what constitutes a success or failure these days. Unless you are a club who has just got a mega rich owner with trillions to chuck around you would think most clubs would think a playoff opportunity at worst was a decent go at a season. Ok, a bit of a blip at the moment but hardly relegation fodder and most teams seem to have one of those in a season.

I think this sort of panic stuff demonstrates how topsy turvy football is these days. Take some of the silly money out of it and lets get back to it being in the real working class world it historically was in. I'm sure this is one example of the old days actually really being better.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just looked it up sensible .....Sacked Managers 2015/16.....and the answer is 40.

Premiership.....5
    Championship.....13
    Div 1.....12
    Div.....10

Clements at Derby lasted 8 months........Last season they where doing well and fell away and sacked their manager at the end of the season......this season is exactly the same....it looked like they where going to be promoted and lately they have hit the buffers.....they obviously have panicked at the thought of not making it again and have done something about it while there is still time left.......don't look at Derek Adams is my comment....he belongs to us.

PS......First one on Sept 6th....so it doesn't include anyone last summer....such as Adams.

(sackrace.com).....every manager with a write up and picture.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That is a shed load then. Think that works out to about 36% so a bit more than a third. Crazy.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Over 43% actually,.....and the best part of three months to go.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Did you just amend the number or am I going gaga?

Yes there is scope for a few more to hit the deck yet.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The article did say 39 when I first read it.....but later on whilst reading what I had typed I noticed it added up to 40.....they had amended their total to 40 as well when I checked the article again......you must be going a little gaga sensible because a third of 92 clubs is still only 30/31 managers.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

"a bit more than a third". Actually works out to 42% at 39 but it was only a rough guess on my part in the first place. I didn't realise I was being marked or I would have got my abacus out matron.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

10 minutes on the naughty step for you sensible.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Typical, you just do the sums and another comes along to cock it all up again. Hartlepool sack Moore today.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

That's 44.56521% now sensible.....unless another has hit the dust whilst working that out.

Another five would make it an easy 50% sum.

11. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Warnock is the new Rotherham manager i read tonight :emoticon-0108-speec<doh>

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Probably be the next casualty as well Joe. I reckon we will go past 50% this season which just seems crazy to me.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Surely the next casualty must be Aston Villa's Remi Garde.....losing 6-0 at home to an average Liverpool must deserve nothing less than the chop......will Daniel Sturridge wake up this morning with another nagging injury.....if you could keep him fit even playing for Villa would make them title contestants.

Strange how he hits the back of the net straight away after being out for a spell.....he does it everytime......please take note Mr Reuben Reid.