1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Everton

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

we need to to take out mata or Mkhitaryan
    and bring Martial with Rashford moving right
    Mkhitaryan is playing worst than Mata

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

We have looked below average today and with Lukaku misfiring like a Sunday pub team striker.

Shwan71 likes this.
  3. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

Rooney could had a hatrick today :emoticon-0101-sadsm
    Poor from UTD at 2nd half

4. The Prime Minister

The Prime Minister Well-Known Member

5. The Prime Minister

Easy win in the end <whistle>

@Tobes

6. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

that is a flattering result
    I feel bad for Everton

7. The Prime Minister

I dont, bad buys

8. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

These are the games we tailed off and drew last year. There is more determination in the side this season and certainly better options on the bench. Joint top.

Shwan71 likes this.
  9. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

individually they are not bad buys .. they simply should had bought a good striker ... which they failed .. my guess they waited to take Costa on loan ..

10. glazerfodder

Being as how City are top by virtue of alphabetical order only, just in case this is how things end on the last day of the season I think we should re-name the side AAManchester United just to be sure.

bulletinthehead and cytrax like this.

11. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I have to agree with that. This would have been a draw 12 months ago. Everton would have equalized and we would have laboured endlessly to find a winner.

That being said, with Pogba out of the side, it has unbalanced the midfield. Felliani is not an effective first 11 by any chance. The midfield was way too loose with the ball and it felt like Mata and Mkhitaryan were falling over one another. I think Martial on the advanced left is better than Rashford.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Rashford looked short on pace today for some reason, Martial should have been on from 65 mins.

ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME likes this.
  13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I think Rashford loses the ball too much from the left flank because of his limited ball to feet technique compared to Martial. I do like Rashford on the right, however. I wish Mourinho could find a way to play both of them. Have we tried that yet this season?

14. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

United are having a strange start of the season. The results are nice but yet the domination of teams are still not there in a convincing way. You cannot expect the team to be on top for 90 minutes but sooner or later the feeling is that the team has to put games away when they are on top instead of waiting till the end. The first 15 minutes we were so dominant it was unreal. Yet at 1-0 Everton were still in the game and they had most of the first 25 minutes of the second. Just lucky for us they didn't have a sharp striker <whistle>

But already fingers crossed we have left behind the draws and the 35 shots without a goal. If we are now the typical flat track bully of the premiership I'll take that.

15. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This is the first time we haven't actually dominated a league game, Christian. We were unlucky to not get a win against Stoke, in my opinion. I wouldn't say it's ben strange at all. Even today, we had more cutting edge than Everton even though we weren't as cohesive in the midfield as first four games. Lukaku could have made it much easier in the first half as well.

I read a comment yesterday with someone suggesting to give the trophy to City already. Well, they were saying exactly the same thing about us 2 matches ago. It's a long, long, season! Winning by 4 when we are below our best is certainly encouraging.

16. glazerfodder

The score line definitely flatters the overall performance. Rashford was well below par and the midfield was all over the place - just shows how influential Pogba is even if he isn't banging in the goals. Bringing on Herrera seemed to calm things down. I would like to see Martial on the left and Rashford on the right - that would make for an interesting mix with Valencia not having to bomb crosses (or superb goals) all the time.

17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Herrara should certainly be starting ahead of Fellaini.

18. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

One thing I will say is that we are fortunate we have such a great goalkeeper, he is worth more than any transfer fee Real Madrid can offer to us. We should never be willing to sell at any price.

It was a funny performance we struggled at times but thanks to the keeper, and a lack of composure from them in the final 3rd we kept our noses infront, and then the last 15 mins we finally woke up.

The introduction of Lingard made a big difference today, he gave the team a big lift when he came on. He needs more game time for me.

Fellaini as much as I do like the guy shouldn't be starting ahead of Herrara, he just doesn't have the ability on the ball to start in the centre of midfield. He's a good impact player, but he shouldn't be starting.

Either way I'm happy with the result, and it's been a good start to the season for us. I just hope it continues.

19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Lingard is a very under-rated player because he is not flashy or spectacular. He is a very good player who knits midfield and attack together, is always available to pass to and harasses the opposition defence and midfield, I love the guy.
    Herrera should always start before Fellaini, Felli is great at what he does which is shore up the midfield/defence if we are stuggling or disrupt the opposing defence if we are desperate for a goal, he can not control a game like is needed from the off. That said, he rarely loses possession of the ball and often wins it back when other lose it or make a bad pass, great squad player with a definite use for us.

20. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Easy there, Diego! LOL