1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Southampton (BT Sport 1 ) - 8 pm 02/02

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by OddRiverOakWizards, Jan 31, 2021.

1. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Merlin is most offended! <laugh>

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  2. Surrey_Saint

Surrey_Saint Well-Known Member

As we have all said previously this was NOT and should never have been another 9-0 loss. The really frustrating part is that we were playing a United that had just come off the back of a bore draw with Arsenal and were still smarting from their loss to Sheffield United. United’s mentality under Ole is that they lose a game and then when they win one convincingly they are suddenly going to win the league (so fickle). They took the opportunity with both hands to hit the headlines with our player being sent off so early and they did NOT ease up!

So many times since our previous 9-0 loss I’ve seen a team go 4 or 5 goals up and I start to believe our record will be matched or hopefully beaten only to see the team winning ‘ease up’ thinking of the next game. Man City being 4-0 up at half time at West Brom recently comes to mind.

I just feel everything conspired against us and the fact it was a United side again trying to make out they are contenders for winning the league didn’t help.

Fingers crossed our record is beaten soon as it feels like a real millstone...