1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Apart from the first 25 minutes when spurs were in control, I felt that the other 65 m8nutes we were better and we deserved the win. Ok, it wasn’t the swashbuckling Win of the Fergie years but we showed the desire. Compared to that awful defeat in the league there, when Spurs dominated us, that was a huge improvement. I felt that in the second half Spurs were strangely subdued. Not sure why but suddenly they seemed to lack ideas. After 5-10 minutes I knew we were going to win. Even if we had conceded I felt we would respond. Pogba was doing th8ngs simple and Sanchez was showing some penetration and hunger. Overall I thought a good performance.

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Decent performance maybe. Sanchez has been improving for the last 3 games now, he has stopped all the twisting and turning into multiple defenders only to lose the ball and instead he is using space and passing. Maybe he was trying too hard to impress/do it on his own before but now he looks a team player.

3. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

What annoys me is why do we have to go a goal down before we start playing.

4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Something to do with mentality. Players as well as manager attitude. I really believed at the time that DeGea brilliance in saving that almost certain goal in the first half at Sevilla was ultimately a disservice to the team. Going one down at half time would have forced the team to come out and score at least that away goal. Even a loss of 2-1 would have been better as a 0-0 still meant we had to win.

The attitude of waiting to be behind to play attacking has led us being the come back kings of the league: at palace, City, and now at Spurs we have come back from behind to win. But it is not a sustainable strategy to wait until we are behind to play.