1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United vs Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Jan 3, 2023.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Good to see that even the old back four appear to have been transformed. I was glad to see that we got another clean sheet. De Gea has made it back to my fantasy team in recent weeks.

That’s from bottom of the league in week 3 to joint third with a game in hand in week 17. Not a bad turn around with a team that is still getting better.

2. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

No need to thank me for the reverse jinx <whistle>

cytrax likes this.
  3. Christiansmith

Good to see us beating teams we are supposed to beat. And I was apprehensive with the dramatic change in the central defence, which I thought could have been a gamble too far. But TenHag is steadily building a system and team where individual players play their role. Each position has to be prepared to do certain things, irrespective of the individual. Meaning you either carry out the “position specification “ or you are out.

cytrax likes this.
  4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

That is ETH's method to achieving success. The team is clearly buying in on it as well. I really look forward to the next two league games. If we can come out of those games with 4 points, it will be the definitive sign of progress.

Christiansmith likes this.
  5. Christiansmith

Real test of progress <ok> I’d be happy with 2, two really tough matches for a team still not functioning at its optimum.