1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United vs Citeh

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Jan 14, 2023.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Pogba has actually been more damaging for this club. Mourinho would have built a stronger team if not for that man. Probably the worst player we’ve signed in terms of his negative impact on the team. At least we had a great show from CR last year. Pogba on the other hand, was always been a lip service with absolutely jack to show it. What a fkin waste of a talent he was for us, but beyond that, he damaged the morale on weekly basis.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Seriously look at our results with the usual Top 5/6 teams this season.

Played Livpl, City twice, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs.

Won 4, Drawn 1, Lost 1.

13 points out of a possible 18.

Christiansmith, cytrax and Diego like this.
  3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I posted this on the PL board. Once a bitter...

Micah Richards has just said, "Bruno in the past has been known for being selfish by pressing defenders on his own."

He also said a defender is busy martialing a forward he knows is offside, so why would he be worried about a player who's onside behind him.

This is a new level of moronic for MOT

cytrax and Diego like this.
  4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

yep. Lots of people saying Utd now involved in a title race.

For me, Utd need to consolidate a top 4 place. That was the pre season objective I’m sure for the team. I’ll be happy with that as the competition for top 4 is so tough. And shows significant progress.

To really challenge for the title the next 3-4 matches are crucial. If we beat Arsenal and they drop points against Spurs and City (x2) and we are within 3 points of them with 5-6 matches left, I will then believe we’ve got a chance of the title. Rashford’s fitness and that of Casemiro and Fernandes will be crucial.

cytrax and Treble like this.
  5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh just keep focused on the next game and see where we are in May. Like I said, we win the EFL cup and finish Top 4 that's excellent. We then recruit in the summer.

Christiansmith and Diego like this.
  6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Anyone heard from Roy Keane this morning?

cytrax likes this.
  7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

He’s waiting for us to win a real match.
    So much money is waited on these clowns to speak. They can’t ever put cogent arguments together.

8. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

One more game and we are halfway through the season so many things can change, but given where we are and the way we are playing, we have as much of a shout at winning the PL as anyone else.

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Completely agree.

I don't see the need to shout about it but there's no reason at all why we can't be quietly confident now.

We've beaten City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs this season, and drawn away to Chelsea. Those have been the top four or five of late, and we've been better than them all in at least one of our games against them.

We win our next two games, and we're in a title race with half the season left and a very strong squad.

glazerfodder likes this.
  10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I spotted a couple of games ago we had finally averaged over 2 points a game. I've looked for that for so many seasons in the past and whenever we were on the threshold of achieving it we kept stumbling. First time we've managed it in years. Not just scraped it but smashed it tbh.

glazerfodder likes this.

11. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

You’ve turned this into historical technical stocks analysis. lol

What table do you use? I remember that I used to see that somewhere but I don’t remember.

That next game is now crucial if we are to lay a claim to having a shot at the title. If we lose, we would be firmly back in Top 4 target. If we win, we would quickly know that we have a good chance of going for it with so many games left to play.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I just checked the table now and again. Since Fergie left I've used it as a general benchmark for being on course to finishing Top 4 <laugh>

Next game is Crystal Palace away. Then Arsenal away after that.

Interested to see if Weghorst can offer us more than Martial.

cytrax likes this.
  13. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The key thing seems to be the focus of the players and whether they can maintain it. Every win has to be fought for and not be expected just because it happens to be against Palace or any mid table team. The effort and concentration should be more rather than less because it’s probably easier to raise the effort against a big team like City.

City seems to be going through an uncertain patch. We need to capitalise (like Arsenal are).

14. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Haaland dilemma is part of their challenge. Almost reminds me of Ronaldo last year. While he was personally having a good session in front of goal and breaking records, the efficiency of the team took a hit as a result. If you mark out these front men, the team gets confused on how to score and who should score. This why a modern day No.10 or false 9 type of player that can score goals becomes a far more effective option. They do more than simply scoring.

15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think it's more the case they've won two titles on the bounce. That in itself is hard enough. To win 3 in a row...well unless you're a special club with a special manager and special set of players, you aint going to have the drive, hunger and quality to do it. And to win it 3 times in a row TWICE... well, you have to be extra special <whistle>

Seriously though, I don't think it's about Haaland. It may play a small part but mainly it's bcos I don't think they have the drive to do it a 3rd time. I don't think they could bring themselves to up their game even if Liverpool were leading them in the title race this season.

Diego likes this.