1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Manchester United vs Watford - Feb 23 2020

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Feb 23, 2020.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

The game is almost over and was surprised to see that no thread was opened for this match day.

This gives us a chance to discuss each match in details.

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

That layup from Greenwood that Martial should have attacked is why he’s a frustrating number 9. But with his amazing guile with ball to feet, he’s able to produce the kind of goal that he just scored.

3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

65th minute: Again no striker attacking the spaces toward goal and James’s low cross goes begging.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Came home from an epic 860 mile drive through France and England just in time for the game and it's not on TV ffs.

Was looking forward to it as well, not given up by any means, far from it. You want people who've given up, look on the PL board.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I couldn't watch the game but had the alerts on.

Tbh I was a bit dubious about the team line up, namely no Bailly and the front 3 selection. But it's paid off and even without watching I have little doubt it was thanks to Bruno.

6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

WOW! That is what you call a road trip. Welcome back!

A lot people complained about not seeing Bailly in the starting lineup. I wasn’t worried though. Creating chances has been our problem but this was a very good game from creativity standpoint. I like Ighalo. He has the energy that we often lack at the front. And Bruno is making a massive difference with his decision-making which is in contrast with Chong who is terrible at making the right decisions. Greenwood’s goal is as good as Haarland’s from earlier in the week. We need to play him more. He’s good enough to be starting games.

Great game!

Diego likes this.
  7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Tough game at Everton next week imo. They're playing some decent footy and with a purpose under Ancelotti.

8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Missed the game today and just watched 30mins of highlights. Greenwood should definitely start more games, the lad is so direct and accurate it's a crime to waste him.
    Martial must be the most frustrating player on the planet, absolutely ridiculous goal today, just shows what talent he wastes with his lazy CBA attitude.

Ighalo does look like a real threat and has done each time he has come on (although he didn't get much help or chances on Thursday), he could make a big difference in the next 3 months.
    Defence was a bit of a worry, some very poor chances given away. Must try harder <grr>

cytrax likes this.
  9. Stan

Stan Stalker

Nice goal by Tony but he very clearly isn't a striker. Greenwood's finishing is on a par with Michael Owen when he first appeared in the PL. He finds the corner of the net with such regularity that it can't be luck!

Bruno is absolute class. As young Stan said yesterday, why have none of the "big" clubs snapped him up already. He won't last long at this United. Barca will have him off us for £120m.

One thing that I decided on yesterday was that Lindelof is a decent player but that's about it. He dawdles on the ball, gets bullied and is no threat whatsoever at attacking corners.

We're 3 players away from being a very good team but Woodwood will **** it up.

cytrax and Treble like this.
  10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This is going to be the real test. We barely win three on a trot these days but momentum has to start somewhere. This team is good enough to string good runs together.

For an away match like this one, I think Martial probably has to start. We could start Greenwood and Martial. But that lazy Martial won’t run for sh**. And Ighalo has crazy energy to come on if the combination is not working.

James was also far more effective on the left combining with Shaw.

11. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

You haven't seen the photo of Bruno falling to the ground in front of foster - unless you think that's class ? Each to their own interpretation of cheating.
    From yesterdays's perfromance, Man U are far from being a very good team. The (my) reasoning is that they showed no way at all of getting past a pretty ordinary defence, once the defence was in position. All the goals came from mistakes high up on the pitch leading to a breakaway. Citeh, Liddypool and several other teams find ways past an organised defence - Man U didn't know how to try. The performance also explained to me why the crowd is so quiet -- there really was very little to get excited about. Still, I suppose the club must be congratulated on maximising the sale of shirts. well done !

12. Stan

Stan Stalker

All I got from the above is that you’re suffering from a severe case of butthurt.

cytrax, Treble and Diego like this.