1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mandy back on Pardew's radar

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

I'd gladly pay the 10m for Carroll, but he's had some concerning injuries recently. I wouldn't go as far as to call him Injury prone, but I wouldn't take any risks.

I'd prefer Benteke if we're going for a target man. Benteke wins everything in the air, and is scoring for fun. I'd pay 15m for him..

2. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

You've got £25m? Do you want to be my new best friend?

3. Keith Fit

Keith Fit Well-Known Member

I wonder if we should be looking at a new first choice striker, and whether Cisse should be the option from the bench? Would Lukaku fit the bill as leading the line? Yep, it's a great shout. But the price? Out of the question. With regards the OP, we just aren't going to pay what Liverpool want, and someone else will - haven't West Ham already agreed the fee at about £12m? It just won't happen.

4. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Why is everyone giving up on Cisse ?

He's 1 in 2 since Christmas and beginning to put in a good overall shift. let the lad lead the line til May. if he doesn't pick up another 5 or 6 between now and then, wiegh up the options but he deserves a decent run.

5. magicbus

magicbus Member

Trust in Carr I`m sure he has his sights set on someone abroad.

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I don't think anybody is but we clearly need another striker and Pards has said we'll go for one in the summer. It seems likely it'll be a stronger lad to give a bit of variety to the attack. Cisse will be in competition with them which is the way it should be. I've always thought Cisse would come out of this dry spell. He is just one of those strikers, when he is hot he will go on a run, when he isn't he isn't. A bit like Defoe.

7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

he pinches Girlzilla's dinner money....

8. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

I'd have Andy Carroll back, given the right service he can be devastating. Not sure how we'd play him though.

9. Beatski

Beatski Well-Known Member

We could get 3 players better than him for the price he'd cost, and why does he cost that? english, half a good season 2 seasons ago, and because we fleeced liverpool. hardly good reasons to base a player price and purchase on.

he's proven that he needs to play in a specific system to flourish, one we don't play any more (and he hasnt even been scoring in that because he's always injured). hopefully he joins Wham permanently, so the issue is dropped, because we'll always have fans that want him back simply because he's local. If we did sign him, Pardew would blatantly revert to a 442 to try and force him into the side.

I'd rather a young striker that's content to be backup (at least for now), who is adept at the front of an attacking 3

Carroll would be a woeful signing reminiscent of the Shepherd era.

10. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Who would we rather have as an impact sub...Shola or Carroll?

Bring Mandy on with twenty minutes left, with the opposition tiring and get crosses into the box for him. He'd put the ****s up any centre half.

Of course, much would depend on his price and we won't get him for anything like what we'd get a French forward for. Then again, we could always go for Remy :undecided:

11. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

He has been missing an awful lot of sitters recently. About 3 in the Chelsea game alone he should have buried. When we went down, it was with Owen et al scuffing and missing howlers all year.

I'm thinking positive, at least he's getting into the areas to miss and the midfield is a lot more productive now in supplying him, but all the same, he must score more goals.

12. Wisey's Hair

Wisey's Hair Well-Known Member

I think having the goals spread out is a good way of taking the pressure off Cisse. He was good on Saturday, even if he did miss a couple. I agree, lets see how he gets on and if he can recapture the outrageous form of last season.

13. Boa

Boa Active Member

No I can't understand why anyone would want him??? he's ****e and we robbed someone and should leave it at that. I'd rather have someone that can do more than just put himself about, get injured and be a goal muncher totally dependant on good crosses!!!!!!!!!! the fact our crossing somes from Jonas flaming Guitierez and co says it all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.