1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mark Allen

Discussion in 'Snooker' started by Kyo, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Kyo

Kyo New Member

Hi

Did anyone watch the 1st round match with Mark Allen, he lost the match and had plenty to say about cheating etc.

What are your thoughts, ungratious bad loser or valid comments?

Cheers
    Kyo

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Kyo - It seems to me that Allen is a very open and somewhat emotional bloke who very much wears his heart on his sleeves. Says it how he see's it and will say so. The comments last year about Barry Hearn spoiling the future of World Snooker and the way he was going about it did him no favours, but this time he has stepped over the line too far...

To call a fellow player for 'blatant cheating' is wrong...!!! I havnt seen the incident on tv but ive read about what happened and yes it came at a crucial moment in the match but you would like to say that either the foul wasnt seen by the referee (even if there was a foul...), Yupeng didnt think he made the push shot/foul, and so therefore didnt claim a personal foul on himself. He also said that its a habit the players from China are known for and that there are doing it basically all the time... I dont think so...

In the Higgins/Wenbo match, Liang Wenbo called a foul on himself in the final frame of his match. And although it didnt cost him at that time, he wasnt to know that John would break down and get another chance to win the frame, and for that he should get all the praise he deserves for doing so.

I do think that he was upset at how bad he played and did say that Yupeng played well enough to be the winner... Too late for me after what he said... A sore loser he is, yes... But not a gracious one...

3. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

I think Allen is tryin to become the ''Bad Boy'' of snooker for some reason, maybe he has it planned with Hearn to create some headlines for snooker to draw in the crowds(Conspiracist in me). I can never remember Allen like this in the early day's, i think he is just a big whinger and would be best off shutting up and trying to win some major tournaments and do his talking on the table for a change. If you ask me he's starting to look a little childish with his carry on and i do feel he is just sore losing to a relative unknown.

4. Kyo

Kyo New Member

What i didn't get was why he didnt say anything at the time. He could have queried the shot to the ref but he is just as guilty of not saying anything either. If he won the match do you think that would have been mentioned??

Tbh it wasnt clear to me if it was a push or not. Even with the replays and slow mo. It was one shot out of a entire match which he did admit the better player won the day.

As all snooker/pool matches go, you cant whine about a shot after the match is done so I agree imo he a bad loser with many excuses. Just look at the way he reacted when he potted the black and the reaction afterwards when the white fell in the top. *priceless* Oh yeah he had a excuse for that as well. "The cushions were funny and the table wasnt running very well because the ball should not have been anywhere near the top under normal circumstances" <doh>

Dont get me wrong the sport need characters but does this plonker really needs to take it that far to insult both the country and chinese players in one sitting.

5. mcloren

mcloren New Member

To call a fellow player for 'blatant cheating' is wrong...!!! I havnt seen the incident on tv but ive read about what happened and yes it came at a crucial moment in the match but you would like to say that either the foul wasnt seen by the referee (even if there was a foul...), Yupeng didnt think he made the push shot/foul, and so therefore didnt claim a personal foul on himself. He also said that its a habit the players from China are known for and that there are doing it basically all the time... I dont think so...