1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Martyn Waghorn

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Sven doesnt want Martyn Waghorn to leave and has asked him to stay and fight for his chance. I hope Waghorn does stay but for Waghorn hasnt had a decent chance all season. When he came he was playing on the wing and he isnt a winger and then Sousa got sacked, in Chris Powells games against Scunthorpe Waghorn played up front and scored and since then Sven changed to formation and Waghorn lost his place. If we give him a chance he will score goals for us. We did over pay for him but that wasnt his fault

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_6704292,00.html

2. Pull Your Fox Up

Pull Your Fox Up Active Member

I really feel for Waggy - because you could tell he made his move for his love for the club and fans...but what a difference a number of months makes! He is eager to play football and i hope Sven can work out some magic to create a formation that works with Waggy!

3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Last 25-30 mins we should be bringing on Waggy and getting him to run at defences with his pace and skill.

4. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

I don't think anyone thinks Waghorn should be starting ahead of Yakubu or Vassell, but there's no way Howard should should be playing ahead of him like at Eastlands.

In every game Waghorn should be the first sub brought on, (unless someone's injured), and that's on 60 minutes, not 75.

Half an hour every week will at least keep him relatively fi and hungry, plus he has enough time to make a difference in games and prove himself.

Waghorn is a player we should be keeping for the long run. If he goes out on loan, that's the beginning of the end. Sven will just replace him.