1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Massive Weekend

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Weekender.jpg
    By the time this post goes out we will be a couple hours away from either having a great weekend or having a drink induced slumber party. Well tonight will hopefully see us well clear of relegation and the start of a great weekend without the wrist slashing of the last couple of weeks.

This weekend I thought it would be good to take you back to the fiasco of Ken Bates and his ownership of Chelsea, the comedy gold of some of his business dealings and how he evaded the Financial Services Authority and how he almost got shot by the Russians for shafting Abramovitch. Lets also remember that this shyster was allowed to take over at Leeds even though there was an FBI Arrest Warrant out for him, and still is, and hence the reason he will never visit the States. Imagine a film based on this small summary alone and would be much more realistic than ‘Catch me if you can’. This guy has embezeled and walked through loopholes in regulations in countless countries around the world. This is just a whizz through his time at Chelsea. When he perfected the scam that would see him rape Leeds Utd

Anyone wanting to know why the yanks want him can use google but in a short summary its to do with a Caribbean island which was basically a huge quarry and everyone who lived on the island worked in the quarry. Bates conned the UK Government into giving him mining rights as the island was going bust. So lovely Ken said he would sort it out and the government even gave him a couple of million. The island residents were classed as US Citizens and the US government had an International agreement (Treaty) that said the Brits managed the island and were responsible for the US nationals and Bates promised the UK government that there would be no redundancies as he had a plan to sort it all out and make the quarry profitable. Well Uncle ken went in sacked everyone and sold the quarry, making himself a few million and did a runner. The FBI went after him…… The money Ken embezzled from the UK government meant we were chasing him but he set up a company that meant all the money went to it and the sole Director was his new wife Suzanna.

This was the start of some shady dealings that I could write a book on, but the period from 1982 when he bought Chelsea for £1 was the biggest scam in football history. The sale of Chelsea back in 2002/3 to Abramovitch was comedy gold and after that because he was an FA Director they wanted shut of him too but couldn’t get rid, so actually gave him the job of managing the building of New Wembley. We are still paying way over the odds now because of the way the price rocketed and the timescale over ran by a couple of years. The FA cannot cover the costs now without doing all sorts of deals for football finals, play off semis and finals, rock concerts. Well done Ken and by the way why did you allow him to buy Leeds?

We all know the story of Forward Sports Fund (FSF) Teak Trading, and a whole list of dodgy shell companies Bates and mates used to shaft Leeds and empty the accounts every year. Well at Chelsea it was inspirational and completely screwed over Abramovitch’s team. When Bates sold the club to the Russian they didn’t have a ground to play on because Bates had moved the stadium into another company and the football club into separate company, which meant he bought the club without a ground. It cost the Russian another £20m to get the ground and at one stage there was a story that there was a contract out on Bates.

Some of you will know the name Mark Taylor because he was a Director of Leeds Utd and came with Bates, in fact Taylor was behind every scam and yet he was Leeds Utd solicitor, a Director of the club and in Fact a Director of 69 companies??? Most of which are now no longer trading and a few that still are forced Taylor to resign….

David Conn the Guardian journalist has been chasing Bates and mates since 1999 without ever having nailed him. The evidence Conn found has been compelling yet botched investigations by FSA and other bodies including serious fraud squad etc turned up nothing but brown envelops sales went through the roof. The Chelsea sale needed all shares to be clarified yet 14% were missing? Bates said he wasn’t allowed to name the owners under a legal ordnance concocted by courts in British Virgin Islands and Nassau (Remember the Administration of Leeds and FSF) FSA investigated but found 5 Shell Companies: Chelsea village, Ecspress, Catstone (British Virgin islands) Cervantes (Cooke Islands) Kalbarri (Samoa) Yellow Park (Mautitius) 2 of these shell companies were used to move money out of Leeds too.

So Bates made a personal profit of £17m from the sale of the club and he also made another £20m from selling the ground. On top of that he also made another £8m from the named offshore shell companies, as it was obvious that the lost 14% of shares were his and Mark Taylors but the FSA couldn’t prove it. £45m in the pocket of Bates and mates and as part of the sale the Russian found out he was also responsible for servicing £80m of debt Bates had run up at he club.

Bates and Taylor floated Chelsea on the Stock Exchange in 1996 and that’s when they used a bunch of offshore shell companies so that they could get around Stock Exchange rules of ownership. I believe they have amended these rules now but at the time it was easy for Bates to shaft investors and saddle them with £80m debt. A company called Ryssafe (Hong Kong) was used for 66% of the shares which were transferred to another company in Guernsey called Swann management which was owned by his old mate and well known dodgy accountant Patrick Murrin (Remember him from the Leeds fiasco?) Murrin turned out to also be a Director of Chelsea Harbour, Chelsea Village, Chelsea Athletic (Where they moved the stadium) Chelsea Sporting, Chelsea properties, Chelsea Stadium (No stadium) Chelsea racing, Chelsea Pitch Owners (No pitch)

A web of deceit, a web of lies and false companies all hidden behind a veil of secrecy and all these companies were was a post office box number. Everyone who knew Bates soon found out he was toxic yet he was handed tax payers millions, he stole, defrauded and sequestered funds, he laundered money and yet he was allowed to own football clubs, even after he raped the FA on the Wembley project.

So this piece is for the likes of Chippy who has called Radz a bent robber who is raping the club. No mate this is what a bent robber looks like

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Peed myself when I heard about Heckingbottom thinking he may have planted the seed about Bielsa into Orta’s head. He said he was telling Orta about watching Man Utd get smashed by Bielsa’s team in the Euros league and thought maybe Orta had decided thats who he wanted. The most **** manager we had decided he was responsible for getting Bielsa to Leeds <laugh><laugh>

3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

"This was the start of some shady dealings that I could write a book on".

I keep telling you that you've got writer skills - go for it! :D

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  4. old sea dog

old sea dog Active Member

5. old sea dog

old sea dog Active Member

Wow what a great read.I think we all knew that he was a crook, but never to this extent. He makes some of the well known crooks look like pussy cats.
    What a great idea from white jock . Go for it Doc

southernwhite, leeds60 and Whitejock like this.
  6. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

leeds60 and Doc like this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

There are plenty :emoticon-0120-doh: and we could do a world atlas of Bates scams. Remember Patrick Murrin having to give evidence in court and the judge laughed at him and asked if he was a credible witness in a fraud case. Think this was the Bates V match advertising trial and Bates sent Murrin and this was a Leeds Utd based event. mark Taylor was sent to stand in fir Bates in the High Court in another Leeds Utd trial and the High Court judge threatened to disbar Taylor from the legal profession. Bates also sent Shaun Harvey to represent him at the House of Commons in a select committee meeting and he was called a liar. Yet the EFL gave him a job as CEO after he left Leeds, and laugh my arse off as the MP who called Harvey a liar was the CEO of the EFL the same guy who gave us minus 15. You just scratch your head sometimes. CEO of EFL calls Leeds Utd CEO a liar. CEO of EFL leaves job and CEO of Leeds Utd takes EFL CEO job. CEO of EFL tells Derby they can sell stadium to themselves and then leaves job given a £5m goodbye payment and Derby get away with selling stadium on a technicality so no point deductions.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  8. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Bates is lucky to be alive. How no one took revenge on him i will never know. Good job he never took me for a ride and that's all i am saying.

Doc likes this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Game over, big win 39 points and now 13 points above the drop zone. Could and should have been an easier win but too many chances fluffed and it looked like nerves got the better of the boys tonight. Dont care we won

2 pennth and Aski like this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Have a feeling we will have a fully fit squad available for the Blunts game, except Forshaw. Rodrigo should be fit, Paddy should be well healed by 3rd April, Koch will probably play for the 23s next week and be fully fit and ready to go. Copper should be back unless he has a bad dose like Rodrigo got. So Bielsa will have Cooper, Llorente, Koch and Struijk all fully fit for the first time this season. Berardi is back, Poveda is back....

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Apologies to all but I made a booboo earlier on yesterdays breakfast thread regarding U23s only needing one more win to win the league. I thought the Villa V Stoke match was over and Stoke had lost, but it was only half time. So sorry about that I have rectified it and posted updated league table in the U23 sticky and here is the new league table here. Only 4 matches left for us and two wind required, we have only lost one match in the last twelve
    18F19115-16C8-4C7C-B898-80405F678556.png

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Great stats

Jack Harrison became the fourth Leeds player to reach five league assists this season after Mateusz Klich, Raphinha and Bamford. Around Europe's top five leagues, only Bayern Munich (six) and Inter Milan (five) have more players with five or more assists

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

What a great feeling waking up today <cheers>

14. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

15. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

16. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

17. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I'm too young to have seen Peter Lorimer play in his pomp but did manage to see him in a charity game around 1990ish. I remember at the time how nice it felt to see one of the greats even if he was way past his best at that point.

RIP <rose>

18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Having had cocktails with Peter, which is another way of saying being on the p**s with him a couple of times, its a sad sad day. Saw him play in his prime in the days when Scotland had some world class players and to be frank we had most of them in the club. I always remember him telling me a story about Eddie and Frankie Gray and I nearly peed myself. I told him about a night in the Warehouse nightclub where I pretended to be Eddies lesser known brother David who didnt play football but it worked I pulled....

RIP Peter and what a crap time we have had during this pandemic and know the club will do something once its over so that the fans can show their respects properly to our legends who we have sadly lost

19. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

20. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

And all with a ball that make today's like balloons in comparison... fabulous

blonogasoven likes this.