1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Massive Weekend

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Weekender.jpg
    At last we get back to some real football although the stop start to the season is garbage. We are having to forfeit league football because of the World Cup we have to play in December FFS, due to a bent, corrupt FIFA who chose to have the competition in Qatar, where its impossible to play in the Summer. Whilst on the subject of this WC maybe we should decide not to participate, and on a number of levels: firstly we have a team taking the knee to end racial abuse and have inclusivity & diversity. Well there are plenty of racists who hate blacks in the Middle East and over 6,500 black and Asian “slaves” died building the stadiums our knee taking team will play in. Just imagine a few thousand of our builders dying building Wembley, and see the outcry, yet Qatar entices thousands upon thousands of migrant workers and kept them on starvation rations and refused to pay them and housed them actually on the building sites. Gays are thrown off tall buildings or hanged, women must wear full Burkha and never be out alone. Well done you set of self serving twats, all you are doing is giving them a massive PR boost.

Onto more normal discussion points: The transfer window highlighted serious problems in the market and especially at the so called Super League teams on the continent. Barcelona and Real Madrid have had to have a fire sale and still brought in some superstars but all on freebies or 2-year loan deals to get around the FFFP rules in La Liga. Aguero still hasn’t been registered to play for Barcelona until they get rid of more players. AC Milan, Inter Milan and Juventus are screwed but still taking players on 2 year loan deals hoping things will balance again now crowds are back, but it allows them to cheat the system. Germany did a good job and sold plenty of players and bought plenty of players, but France struggled because they refused to sell cheap and only PSG broke all sorts of rules but have managed to beat the system. For example Naymar gets a £4.5m good behaviour bonus every year, and gets plenty of bonuses to make up his salary as bonuses are not classed as salary….. So PSG are now the Harlem Globetrotters of football having most of the worlds best players. Qatari owned by the way….

This breaking of the transfer window has seen well over 250 top players out of contract and seeking clubs. Yes there are some seriously good players that are 30 and over but there are many many more from early to late 20s, some of whom were bought for £20,30,40m that are just waiting for a call. I wonder how many find a new club? Serge Aurier for example a £19m player?

I have seen plenty written recently about our plans for next season. Phil Hay for example reckons Leeds will sign a worldy for top money next year, to make a statement of intent. However he and many more are saying that Leeds having been dealing in top quality kids for the last couple of years will be in a position to start rolling them out into the first team. Mentions of well over a £100m savings in the transfer market potentially, and if you look at Pascal Struik who we got for free, he is now worth £17m minimum. Cody Drameh will be a regular England U21 star and push Ayling. Summerville should be pushing Harrison along with Gelhardt pushing Bamford as well as Greenwood. Lewis Bate may be a regular starter too. Yes I’m aware that not all kids make it but we really do have some of the best kids in the country right now, and if one or two of these don’t break through there are still other behind them pushing them. Amari Miller, Sean McGurk, Leo Hjelde for example and don’t forget England U21 star Charlie Cresswell (18) who right now sits at No5 in the pecking order of CBs, but next season? And on top of that most of these kids are flying high and coveted by top English clubs and Europeans too.

Then we have the abortion of FIFA banning our players even though they could all have been sidelined for 14 days upon return. Madness especially when Brazil have already qualified. The Premier League are trying to sort it but as of 1:30pm Friday Klopp has no idea of his team for Leeds.

This afternoon we may get to know if Dallas is back, Firpo, Koch and Klich are fit and maybe an idea of the team with or without Raphinha. Will Dan James play in his place or will Jimmy Summerville get a run out?

Jammy 07, ristac, ellandback and 4 others like this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Still no news on Raphinha but Koch out with a pelvic injury he picked up in the opening game. Dallas, Firpo and Klich are all fit and available but no news on Dallas’s personal problems, hope nothing major.

3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Hope Forshaw hasn't passed his injury to Koch ... <yikes>

wakeybreakyheart, Doc and Irishshako like this.
  4. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

This next world cup is a complete farce it's actually laughable.
    Not only is it to hot to play there how the hell you going to get there.
    Fans on the street what a sight that's going to be over there.
    still going to be high in the 20's so we are fukced we still will be crawling as well as many European sides. lump on a South American team it will be just nice weather to them lol.

Doc I think this is the best group of young lads we've had in a long time it's all about bringing the best out of them now they are all just about at that age where everyone has stopped growing and we soon will see what potential we brought in is actually the real deal.
    of course some will go on, some won't.
    It likes having two Leeds sides now everyone now is taking extra notice and time to look further down the squads. when at one time many fans couldn't even tell you 2 or 3 u23 players names.
    All a waiting game now but it's very exciting seeing what will unfold.

Jammy 07, Doc and Irishshako like this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Dan James is available for the scousers and Bielsa has been bigging him up as able to unbalance opposition on either wing at speed. So looks like he will play some part

Jammy 07 and Irishshako like this.
  6. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I really hope the lad does well for us. <ok>

7. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

I thought we had signed him <laugh>

8. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

Qatar World Cup - 100% agree, we should boycott this, no way should FIFA be awarding the World's most prestigious sporting tournament to a country that employs slave labour (generally, not just for the World Cup obviously), and kills thousands in the process.

Leeds youth policy - fantastic, can only reep rewards and soon hopefully.

Brazil v Argentina players - absolute farce.

Looking forward to the match on Sunday. Was hoping to be at this one but because I didn't go to the Crewe match had no chance. And got Covid now so West Ham is looking unlikely. Ah well, who's next ?

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

“Doc I think this is the best group of young lads we've had in a long time it's all about bringing the best out of them now they are all just about at that age where everyone has stopped growing and we soon will see what potential we brought in is actually the real deal.”

Agree with this and to have a dozen kids out on International duty is brilliant. Gelhardt had not played for England U20s before as he had been leading the U19 line but on his debut he bangs goals in off the bench and wears the armband later in the game. Greenwood slightly older started that game and Cody Drameh and Lewis Bate too. Four of our U23 team playing in a side thats packed with Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea kids, wow. The players in this team were all kids from clubs challenging for the league and European cups, and heres 4 kids from Leeds fitting right in. Charlie Cresswell is only 18 and playing for the U21s which is massive when you look at the players in Southgates B team. Summerville in Holland too as well as Klaesson in Norway. We do have real talent now

Jammy 07 and Gessa like this.
  10. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I’m really not sure how close any of the U23s are to getting game time. The arrival of James suggests Bielsa doesn’t think Summerville is ready, seems like Shackleton is first cover for Ayling and Rodrigo / Roberts ahead of Gelhardt. Bielsa keeps saying he won’t play youngsters just for the sake of their experience, they have to oust the older player. How they do that without getting a chance on the pitch is beyond me.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

In the words of Bielsa, it makes no difference how many times I watch them in games, much depends on how the first team players react to them. This Summer he has seen the first teamers really getting into Summerville and Greenwood, and last season Bamford and a few more players were raving about Joffy and he is still getting rave reviews. So without the injuries Joffy may have had a go ahead of Greenwood last season?

12. Leedsoflondon

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see it. I still enjoy thinking back to the lads that came through under O’Leary.

Makemstine Roger and Doc like this.
  13. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Didn't Wilko have a great youth set up <ok>

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

This is brilliant from Bielsa at todays presser and why he wont spend too much on players and what he thinks about the football industry and its problems

With regards to the Raphinha situation, how logical do you feel the effort is by Brazil to try and stop their players from playing this weekend?
    The principal problem is that there are more games that can be absorbed, so the justification for there to be so many games and so many competitions is that football is very expensive due to how much the players cost, how much they earn and how all of us [interact] with football.

That's the explanation that is offered when we talk about playing less, but that's a truth in the middle because there being a lot of games doesn't point to earning more to pay those [to] interpret the game but with there being more games, the industry of football gets more so what we have to do, clearly, is that we have to play less.

Those who receive fees by participating should earn less so that we can play less, and apart from that the grave problem in football is that every time there is less players for the league. So, another of the clear objectives that we have to pursue is to invest in the foundation [academy].

So, my position is to pause the inflation of football, the cost of the fees and how much the players cost, to play less so that the game can be better, reducing the cost to go to the stadiums so there are more spectators and to invest a lot in the foundation so there can be a lot of good players.

I read - I don't know if it's true but I think it is - that to protect the leagues that are below the Premier League, you can't transmit or show football between 3-5pm, and that's not altered in any shape or form and traditionally it's been that way. For me that measure that is against the business, I think that is a magnificent measure, because as the divisions in the Premier League are better, the better the production of the players that originate from there

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  15. Leedsoflondon

He definitely set the whole thing up

Makemstine Roger and Irishshako like this.
  16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Klopp now playing mind games by saying he wanted to buy Bamford…

Gessa and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  17. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

I really don't like Klopp, ever since we played them in the league Cup, about 4 seasons ago at their place, he seems a bit of a dick.

Show us ya teeth
    Show us ya teeth
    Come on Jurgen
    Show us ya teeth.

Makemstine Roger, Doc and 2 pennth like this.
  18. Leedsoflondon

Chill. It means he rates us. You don’t play mind games with the **** of this division

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Some now saying the Brazilians will be playing this weekend? Hope so

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  20. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Yes mate, was announced last night put the tweet up on the match day thread, sky news confirmed it later too apparently

Makemstine Roger, FORZA LEEDS and Doc like this.