1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Match Chat

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Oct 17, 2020.

1. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

All CHANGE!
    The EFL have now set us to plays Spurs, our postponed game that was to take place on 30 Dec, on Wed 13th Jan at 8:15pm. We now play Chelsea on Sat.
    I feel this is more Sunday League management than the elite EPL, don't they know about preparation for games, conditioning of players, tactical study etc. So just having players and staff back from our own Covid-19 crisis we have Spurs on Wed; Chelsea on Sat; Man U on Wed; FA Cup over the weekend; Brighton on the Tues.
    I wonder what Klopp would be saying?
    This is a tough ask guys, any thoughts?

2. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

FA Cup 4th and 5th round draw just been made.

Home vs Burnley in the 4th round, winner plays at home against Bournemouth or Crawley.

Genuine chance of us reaching the quarter finals. Not sure if thats good or bad, would usually love a cup run but we also don't want to lose focus in the league.

3. 2whitestripes

Spurs tonight, live on Amazon.
    The Special One has been less than complimentary o us in the build up to our game. Hopefully this will give the team even more determination to get a result, it worked to our advantage in the play-off final.
    Andersen was on FFCTV with an interview and I expect him to be playing, hopefully the remainder of the established starting eleven are fit and ready too.
    If we can keep, I fall down all the time Harry and smiler Son quiet, we will give a good account of ourselves.

4. Fabulous Fabio

Can we stay up if we draw every match from now til the end if the season???

5. 2whitestripes

Not with 32pts Fabio.
    We will get some wins soon though, and the way we are playing that's a cert.

Fabulous Fabio likes this.
  6. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Another strong performance, where a little more cutting edge may have brought a win. Unbeaten in five, but no win in six.

Next four games are Chelsea, United, Brighton & West Brom. Whilst I appreciate how much spirit we now seem to have, those games at the end of the month look very important to our survival hopes. We need to start picking up some wins and any of the teams in the bottom half are our best chance to do it.

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  7. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I think the Tottenham game has shown us how we can utilise Mitrovic as a forward, Lookman, Robinson and Tete getting to the byline and whipping balls in 5 or 6 times a game should be the ammo a player like Mitrovic could use.

2whitestripes likes this.
  8. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Good also to bring Lookman in during the 2nd half, hopefully he will still have energy. Play like we did on Wednesday we have a chance tomorrow v Chelsea. We are starting to get some respect.

9. 2whitestripes

A quick turnaround, and it's Chelsea next at the Cottage, live at 5:30pm on sky sports.
    TC and Lemina still out, Mitro a doubt and RLC can't play against his parent club.
    I hope to see only two changes, Onomah in for RLC, Lookman in for either Tete or BDC. I thought Zambo was feeling the effects from the covid pause, he looked to be saving energy against Spurs but hopefully just easing himself back in. Mitro could be a surprise call.
    I think we are in a shout for the points, having beaten Leicester and good draws with Liverpool and Spurs, we have nothing to fear, only tired legs.

10. Fulham COYW

Didn't like that West Brom result today, a few wins from is needed, maybe not today but a couple of wins will make a big difference.

11. 2whitestripes

Robinson red card very harsh, player screaming influences again .
    A tough 2nd half ahead............

12. Super Brian McBride

Look at the push on Reed that the Ref lets go, then gives Yellow to to BDCR for the tackle

13. Fabulous Fabio

Thats the difference between being a Fulham in this league and being a Chelsea or a Liverpool etc, these are the decisions that are going against you. Even the red card, theres no way he's giving that if its the other way round and Azpilicueta does that on Robinson.

Still positives to take even with the result, we played really well at times again, even when down to 10 men. The chance that Cav missed in the 1st half, the build up play to that was brilliant, but those are the chances we need to be taking, again possibly points out the need for a striker.

We obviously have the Utd game midweek but the 2 games after this were important anyway, but given the results yesterday the games with Brighton and West Brom are now massive. Anything from the Utd game is a bonus but you could say we need minimum 4 points from the Brighton and West Brom games. If Brighton beat us they potentially open up an 8 point gap on us, thats too big. For all our good play recently, we need to start getting more to show for it. The draws we get can go a long way, but we need to start turning some into wins before its too late!

14. 2whitestripes

Ditto Fabio, saves me posting.

Fabulous Fabio likes this.
  15. 2whitestripes

What on earth is the referee doing, he puts his hand out acknowledging the foul on Reed, the ball is away from the Chelsea player when BDC plays the ball in the tackle. It's time the ref's refereed the game and not the team brands. The real result of the passage of play was, a free kick to us and a possible yellow for Giroud.
    I have seen only one angle of the red card incident, anyone seen it from another?

16. Fabulous Fabio

The worst of it all is that yellow for BDR now means he's suspended for the Utd game, so we'll be missing 2 of our best players in him and Robinson through poor refereeing.

17. 2whitestripes

Yes indeed, and we couldn't fill the sub bench against Chelsea.
    We have by far the worst record of all EPL teams for yellow (35) and red cards (3) so far this season, this is far from the reality of our play, so what is going on here?

18. Super Brian McBride

A bit of interesting news on United that might change their lineup.
    'Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw and Bruno Fernandes are all one booking away from a ban. One yellow card would see them miss the game against Sheffield United at Old Trafford. The suspension threshold rises from five to 10 yellows after the game against Fulham'.
    We already have BDC-Reid and Robinson suspended, luckily no one else is on 4 bookings.
    Parker says Mitrovic is back in training but didn't mention Cairney or Lemina, but said Kongolo was out for 2 weeks.

19. Fulham COYW

Well it was a loss but we played well. Great team spirit, some great play and with a goalscorer we again would have taken something from that game. Must admit I didn't celebrate when Lookman scored, I thought it must be offside and was waiting for VAR. That's the difference now you're not sure when to celebrate. No points but lots of positives - we now have a run of games where points now must be gained - play like we have done recently and we will.

20. 2whitestripes

Agreed COYW.
    An interesting stat from the game, we committed 6 fouls and received 3 yellow cards, Utd committed 10 fouls with 1 yellow. FFC @ 50%, Utd @ 10%, WHY!