1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match thread vs Bate

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by cini65, Sep 28, 2017.

1. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

I don't care about this match at all.

I didn't even know we were playing until I got a goal alert on my phone.

What shall we talk about?

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Good start from us. Nice to see wilshere and Walcott linking up for the goal. The youngsters are impressing too. Glad to see Nelson, Willock and Maitland Niles playing in the proper positions.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Walcott with his second after a howler from the keeper.

As I write that giroud is a whisker away from making it 0-3

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

And now it is 3 !

<magic>

5. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Offensively we have been all over them with the three goals, two shots off the post, disallowed goal (which was beautiful play by the way) as well as some good saves by the keeper to stop Walcott having another couple of goals. Each time Walcott delivers a corner or free kick there defense are all over the place.

Walcott has been our best player followed by Wilshere with Giroud also looking good. Wilshere looks like he is playing for a chance in more important games and is doing really well.

After we went 3-0 up the players seemed to play like there was no chance of Bate doing anything and let in a cheap goal but I think that's because they are mainly very young. Overall the young players have done well and played confidently.

El Neny isn't very good in the air..

Thought the ref got it really wrong to give Bate a free kick after one of there players hit one of the youngsters in the head with his arm.

So far so good. A young team doing the job asked of them. It'd be nice to get another goal or two to re-assert our big lead and make it comfortable. Don't be slack and let them score now and give them hope.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Good to see Wilshere getting some game time and having an influence. His Arsenal career looked dead and buried, but he could make that deep lying CM role his own again.

7. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

If he can stay fit he has a good chance of breaking into the team.

Cazorla is injured and we have no idea if he will actually play a part this season. Ramsey and Xhaka can't play every game. And Coquelin and El Neny are more defensive and of a quality that he can try to dislodge from the pecking order. He could become the Ramsey backup if he plays well when he gets opportunities and manages to stay fit.

He has the quality IMO if he can manage his injury issues.

PINKIE likes this.
  8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

1-4 now. Gifted a pen there really.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep. Wilshere's quality has never been in doubt. His injury record has been the thing that's held him back.

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

We are looking shakey at the back again. Should have put this game to bed a long time ago.

11. excel

excel Active Member

An Arsenal defence bearing gifts again,btw Elneny is terrible.

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Nelson had another good game <ok>

13. excel

excel Active Member

No organisation in this team and Wenger just sits there and hopes for the best,this should be comfortable and we giving every encouragement to the home side.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Made hard work of that. But some
    of that can be put down to the inexperience of the teenage players. Overall though a decent night, a win and scored 4 goals away from home in Belarus.

That's 2 wins and 6 points from
    our opening games. Got to look at the positives from that <ok>

15. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Some decent attacking play in the first half with Wilshere looking good in the number 10 role, but the defence was dodgy as ****, Mustafi makes me nervous every time he plays these days, no wonder we tried to get shot of him In the last few weeks of the transfer window. Anyway to score four away from home in Europe is not too bad, especially with a second string side.

16. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Some shaky defending again but I was really impressed with Wilshere.

He made some quality plays. Lets hope he can stay fit!

17. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Nice win and we gently move towards our goal of qualification. It's hard to get motivated over these matches as we're so much better than everyone in our group, but you can only beat what's in front of you.

18. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

The game I watched, Theo was bad. Despite his goals, his general play was frustrating to watch. Was pissed that he was kept on. I would have taken him off and pushed Nelson up. Nelson would have created a lot for OG12. We need OG12 back to form. Jack needs to continue like this and he would be in the 1st 11 and back in for England in no time

winifred122 likes this.
  19. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I am disappointed that Walcott doesn't seem to have advanced. This game was an opportunity for him to bag a hatful of goals. I missed most of the first half, but his display in the second half was woeful. He is too nice - given a chance to grab a hat-trick he 'let' Giroud take it. I know it was for his 100th Arsenal goal, but I can't see the likes of the more ruthless strikers, Morato, Lukaku and big-head Kane, giving up a hat-trick. Giroud also wasted an opportunity to press his credentials but drifted too much for me. His body language was iffy as well. Jack impressed as did the kids-defense was ropey to say the least. What has happened to Holding?

20. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

The funny thing is Wilshere has been excellent in his last two appearances..

Soo whats the bets Wenger doesnt give him a new contract? Seems like a very Arsene thing to do.