1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match thread vs Bate

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by cini65, Sep 28, 2017.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

It should probably be noted that Mustafi was terrible in this game.

Most of the time he really does NOT look like a £35 Million pound defender. He was great against Chelsea and seems to play better when in the middle of the three but.. I fear this is another mid level small defensive signing that will stay for a few years but never really hit the level of performance required.

I would take Johnny Evans over Mustafi at this point.

2. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

At times he has shown he has the quality to be a good CB for us and he is very comfortable on the ball which helps when we are chasing a game and pushing bodies forward, but he seems very inconsistent. Never sure which Mustafi we will get.

Against teams who don't have pacey forwards I'd be tempted to play Mert ahead of him, who has been reliable when called upon like the FA Cup final.

3. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Mustafi strikes me as a bang average Koscielny. I'd play Merts so long as you have him central with 2 quicker players around him. Guy reads the game so so well and is a good example on the pitch rather than Mustafi who is a big fan of waving his arms and blaming everyone bar himself for his latest balls up.

TheBear likes this.
  4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Agree - As long as he doesn't have to push up super high. Merts is solid.