1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Matchday Week 1!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by SJD, Jul 2, 2013.

1. SJD

SJD Well-Known Member

WEEK1, FIXTURES.

Billy Vs Spearing

MITO Vs Magic

*Magic*
    ----------------Meriel------------------
    -------Delap----Huth----Bramble-------
    ----------------Carrick---------------
    ----------Adam-------Adryan------------
    --Downing-----Ronaldinho------Turan---
    ----------------Heskey----------------

Well of course the main tactic is to get the ball out-wide to Downing, his crossing accuracy percentage in the 2010/2011 season clearly proves he'll make Heskey in to at least a 30 goal a season man. Downing and Turan also sit alongside Carrick in a more defensive set up, forming one bank of 3 and another bank of 3 in front of the defence. The plan is to get the ball up the field as quickly as possible, and that rules out passing so I'm relying on Huth's and Adam's majestic long range passing to pick out Heskey with every opportunity, he'll constantly bring the ball down and bring Ronaldinho and Adryan in to play to provide some of that Brazilian magicTM. When under pressure both Downing and Turan will sit alongside the back 3. then the 5 players in front of them drop back to create 2 banks of 5.

Flawless, I know.
    *MITO*
    my tactics are really really simple... i am playing stoke or some ****e so

------------------Neuer
    -Alves-Ramos-Papadopolous-Enrique
    --Mkhitaryan--Martinez--Whilshire--
    -------Hulk------Fred----Suarez

Papa will kill heskey, downing will be pinned back by alves and in the unlikely event that anyone actually gets a chance on their side... neuer will be the worlds greatest keeper ever and save them.

I hate to say it but i'm sending suarez out to dive a lot cos huth with respect is going to fall for it and give me pens. hulk will take thsoe and I'll have suarez score 2 frees as well.
    Bluff Vs Biscan
    *Bluff*
    Bluff's Dynamic Dinamo:

----------Cech------------
    Srna---Luiz--Kompany---Marcelo
    ----Busquets---Pirlo---------
    --------Hamsik--------------
    Pedro----Aguero----Di maria

Corners: Pirlo
    FK around the box: Pirlo
    FK from 25-30+: Luiz
    Penalties: Pirlo ( becoming a theme this)

Thoughts on why I picked these players ( other than people stealing my picks ): I have the option of always getting Srna and Marcelo up as Wingbacks as needed and they naturally will provide those options for Pedro and Di Maria, I would like them to play wide and look to get wide, very similar to what Alves and Abidal did a few years back with barca so well. They are also ( especially Srna) good in the 1v1 battle which is going to be important with the wingers most teams have. I have power, height, bit of pace, and the ability to play the ball out of the back with Kompany and Luiz so the possession theme still stands. I have the best "one-touch" player in the world with Busquets who also does the job of DM, not so much with crunching tackles but with positioning. THe overall best passer in the world ( along with ALonso) in Pirlo to allow the squad to quickly stretch teams and keep the ball moving. Hamsik is the man to get the dagger balls through to our front three and provide options in the box when we do get it wide. He is more of an assist man than goal getter but does chip in with the goals. The front three I am exctied about as all can play the possesion philosophy, all have pace, Aguero is a natural in the box and Pedro and Di Maria can provide balls into the box, I can invert them to create shooting oppurtunities, or if they get into trouble. That front three can create something out of nothing on their own. I also with Aguero up top have the option to play the ball behind due to his pace off the shoulder of the last defender.

Tactics: Pretty simple, it is very similar to the Barca philosophy but I want to have more of the killer instinct up top. Also have the option of sitting back if need as I have the CM's who are positionally good enough and have the passing accuracy to quickly begin a swift counter attack. If crossing the ball is not working, I can invert my wingers and look to have them bring the ball in to connect with FWD/AM/CM or have their own shot. Inverting also allows the likes of Srna and Marcelo to provide extra width and bodies forward.

Opposition:

---------------Courtois---------------------
    Piszczek Hummels Vertonhen Schmelzer
    -----------Vidal Gundagan----------
    Mata------------ Ozil---------------Bale
    -----------------Llorente---------------

Already I see my wingers getting at Schmelzer and Pisczek just to at the very least, put them on their heels. I don't see Bale tracking back as much and that could lead to options on that side. Srna will certainly have his hands full. I think Marcelo will keep Mata pinned back with his forward runs and not allow him to really get the ball in the dangerous areas ( around the box). Think the CM evens itself out as the players are similar but may have the upper hand in the quickness I can rotate the ball and move the midfield around, creating the gaps needed for the penetrating balls to our front 3 and AM. With that back line, we will certianly not look to lump it in, so may go with the inverted winger option and look to get behind Vertonghan and Hummels as they have the size but think with Aguero I can get behidn them. I also think Llorente will be stuck in Kompany's pocket and that could also release Luiz into the midfield at times to provide something different and Busquets could hold as he has done for many years with Barca.

Will look to add more, when biscan pops on and see what he has to say.
    Gerrez Vs Luv
    *Gerrez*
    4231:
    Casillas
    Arbeloa - Pepe - M'Biwa - Baines
    Mascherano - Alonso
    Marco Reus - Sneijder - Neymar
    Cavani

My team will play a passing game with Alonso and Sneijder being key (like equivalent to Xavi and Iniesta). Baines and Arbeloa will be encouraged to provide width; Baines more so with Neymar supporting Cavani. Mascherano is to sit and plug gaps left by the FB's.

Distant Freekicks: Alonso / Sneijder
    Corner takers: Baines / Sneijder
    R. Freekicks: Neymar / Baines
    L. Freekicks: Baines / Neymar
    Penalties: Baines

Attacking corners: Baines, Arbeloa and Mascherano are to stay back.
    Defending corners: A combination of zonal and man marking will be employed with the oppositions two attackers being picked up by Arbeloa and Alonso; leaving the best headers free to attack the ball in their zones. Baines and Rues on the posts. Mascherano hanging about on the edge of the box (to enable him to use his pace to start counter attacks and/or close the opposition down when the ball comes out), Neymar to stay up top and use his pace in the counters.
    *Luv*

---------------Reina-------------
    Rafael---Varane---Subotić---Alba
    --------------Lucas ------------
    -------------------Matuidi ------
    ----Muller---Kroos---Carzola---
    -------------Falcao-----------

========================

Attacking

Both full backs are to provide width, pace and to stretch the play.

Kroos and Carzola are to provide creativity and to compliment the movement of and to find Falcao. Muller is to play more direct and look to link with Falcao in the box.

Matuidi is there to provide work rate and energy with his box to box game.

Defending

Falcao is to remain in attack. (Half Way Line)

Carzola is to look for opportunites for counter attacks by remaining in space.

Defensive Formation

Rafael---Varane---Subotić---Alba
    ----Muller Lucas Matuidi Kroos---
    ------------Carzola ------------

The formation is designed to fill the middle of the park and negate any creativity in that area, Full backs are to be left to mark their men so left one on one, both Center backs and Lucas being aware of that danger.

Filling the middle of the park is also designed to negate Neymar in this game as he like to drift inside.

Attacking Corners use the height of both Center backs and Muller with Lucas and Matuidi covering. Corners Left Muller and Right Carzola.

Attacking Free kicks Carzola shooting and Kroos to play the ball.

Defending corners there is a lot of height in the team with both center backs being very good in the air.

Bored now so that will do.

Lucas Vs SJD
    *SJD*
    --------------Hart
    Lahm - Vidic - Agger -Kolarov
    ----------Xavi - Toure
    ---Hazard - Silva - Oscar
    -------- Ibrahimovic

My team will be all about possession football, always on the front foot. Starting with a strong defence with attacking options from both fullbacks, and centre backs that are good on the ball and able to get the attacks started. Toure will be the most deep lying midfielder, but as you all know if he sees space to power into through the middle he will do it!

Xavi will be the central access controlling the play in the middle. And Hazard Silva Oscar will be free to move around and cause trouble in the final third. Ibra will stay up front and enjoy the wonderful opportunities he will get from the rest of the team!!!
    Ok we need formation tactics for each team. I will update this post as they come in!

2. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

----------------Meriel------------------
    -------Delap----Huth----Bramble-------
    ----------------Carrick---------------
    ----------Adam-------Adryan------------
    --Downing-----Ronaldinho------Turan---
    ----------------Heskey----------------

Well of course the main tactic is to get the ball out-wide to Downing, his crossing accuracy percentage in the 2010/2011 season clearly proves he'll make Heskey in to at least a 30 goal a season man. Downing and Turan also sit alongside Carrick in a more defensive set up, forming one bank of 3 and another bank of 3 in front of the defence. The plan is to get the ball up the field as quickly as possible, and that rules out passing so I'm relying on Huth's and Adam's majestic long range passing to pick out Heskey with every opportunity, he'll constantly bring the ball down and bring Ronaldinho and Adryan in to play to provide some of that Brazilian magicTM. When under pressure both Downing and Turan will sit alongside the back 3. then the 5 players in front of them drop back to create 2 banks of 5.

Flawless, I know.

3. SJD

SJD Well-Known Member

That's the Kind of thing I had in Mind that's Magic :)

4. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

My tactics = give the ball to Messi <laugh>

Might do a more serious explanation later <whistle>

5. 4231:
    Casillas
    Arbeloa - Pepe - M'Biwa - Baines
    Mascherano - Alonso
    Marco Reus - Sneijder - Neymar
    Cavani​

My team will play a passing game with Alonso and Sneijder being key (like equivalent to Xavi and Iniesta). Baines and Arbeloa will be encouraged to provide width; Baines more so with Neymar supporting Cavani. Mascherano is to sit and plug gaps left by the FB's.

Distant Freekicks: Alonso / Sneijder
    Corner takers: Baines / Sneijder
    R. Freekicks: Neymar / Baines
    L. Freekicks: Baines / Neymar
    Penalties: Baines

Attacking corners: Baines, Arbeloa and Mascherano are to stay back.
    Defending corners: A combination of zonal and man marking will be employed with the oppositions two attackers being picked up by Arbeloa and Alonso; leaving the best headers free to attack the ball in their zones. Baines and Rues on the posts. Mascherano hanging about on the edge of the box (to enable him to use his pace to start counter attacks and/or close the opposition down when the ball comes out), Neymar to stay up top and use his pace in the counters.

PS...this was done very quickly <ok>

6. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

Does Baines take penaltys for Everton?

7. StJohn_Red_Legend

StJohn_Red_Legend Active Member

Thought Baines provided underlaps, not width. And why isn't Baines taking corners? I have always thought his delivery from the wide positions is excellent and Xabi was better suited to loiter outside the penalty area to recycle possession following a corner.

8. Because its my team? <laugh>

I want Neymar cutting in and causing problems so I'd prefer Baines to stay wide and whip balls in for Cavani. Good shout on the corners though, always prefer a left and right foot option, swapped <ok>

STD...

Swap my corner takers in the OP please <ok>

9. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

Eh don't be helping him out StJohn <laugh>

10. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Bluff's Dynamic Dinamo:

----------Cech------------
    Srna---Luiz--Kompany---Marcelo
    ----Busquets---Pirlo---------
    --------Hamsik--------------
    Pedro----Aguero----Di maria

Corners: Pirlo
    FK around the box: Pirlo
    FK from 25-30+: Luiz
    Penalties: Pirlo ( becoming a theme this)

Thoughts on why I picked these players ( other than people stealing my picks <grr> ): I have the option of always getting Srna and Marcelo up as Wingbacks as needed and they naturally will provide those options for Pedro and Di Maria, I would like them to play wide and look to get wide, very similar to what Alves and Abidal did a few years back with barca so well. They are also ( especially Srna) good in the 1v1 battle which is going to be important with the wingers most teams have. I have power, height, bit of pace, and the ability to play the ball out of the back with Kompany and Luiz so the possession theme still stands. I have the best "one-touch" player in the world with Busquets who also does the job of DM, not so much with crunching tackles but with positioning. THe overall best passer in the world ( along with ALonso) in Pirlo to allow the squad to quickly stretch teams and keep the ball moving. Hamsik is the man to get the dagger balls through to our front three and provide options in the box when we do get it wide. He is more of an assist man than goal getter but does chip in with the goals. The front three I am exctied about as all can play the possesion philosophy, all have pace, Aguero is a natural in the box and Pedro and Di Maria can provide balls into the box, I can invert them to create shooting oppurtunities, or if they get into trouble. That front three can create something out of nothing on their own. I also with Aguero up top have the option to play the ball behind due to his pace off the shoulder of the last defender.

Tactics: Pretty simple, it is very similar to the Barca philosophy but I want to have more of the killer instinct up top. Also have the option of sitting back if need as I have the CM's who are positionally good enough and have the passing accuracy to quickly begin a swift counter attack. If crossing the ball is not working, I can invert my wingers and look to have them bring the ball in to connect with FWD/AM/CM or have their own shot. Inverting also allows the likes of Srna and Marcelo to provide extra width and bodies forward.

Opposition:

---------------Courtois---------------------
    Piszczek Hummels Vertonhen Schmelzer
    -----------Vidal Gundagan----------
    Mata------------ Ozil---------------Bale
    -----------------Llorente---------------

Already I see my wingers getting at Schmelzer and Pisczek just to at the very least, put them on their heels. I don't see Bale tracking back as much and that could lead to options on that side. Srna will certainly have his hands full. I think Marcelo will keep Mata pinned back with his forward runs and not allow him to really get the ball in the dangerous areas ( around the box). Think the CM evens itself out as the players are similar but may have the upper hand in the quickness I can rotate the ball and move the midfield around, creating the gaps needed for the penetrating balls to our front 3 and AM. With that back line, we will certianly not look to lump it in, so may go with the inverted winger option and look to get behind Vertonghan and Hummels as they have the size but think with Aguero I can get behidn them. I also think Llorente will be stuck in Kompany's pocket and that could also release Luiz into the midfield at times to provide something different and Busquets could hold as he has done for many years with Barca.

Will look to add more, when biscan pops on and see what he has to say.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

my tactics are really really simple... i am playing stoke or some ****e so

------------------Neuer
    -Alves-Ramos-Papadopolous-Enrique
    --Mkhitaryan--Martinez--Whilshire--
    -------Hulk------Fred----Suarez

Papa will kill heskey, downing will be pinned back by alves and in the unlikely event that anyone actually gets a chance on their side... neuer will be the worlds greatest keeper ever and save them.

I hate to say it but i'm sending suarez out to dive a lot cos huth with respect is going to fall for it and give me pens. hulk will take thsoe and I'll have suarez score 2 frees as well.

12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Rafael---Varane---Suboti&#263;---Alba
    --------------Lucas ------------
    -------------------Matuidi ------
    ----Muller---Kroos---Carzola---

========================

Attacking

Both full backs are to provide width, pace and to stretch the play.

Kroos and Carzola are to provide creativity and to compliment the movement of and to find Falcao. Muller is to play more direct and look to link with Falcao in the box.

Matuidi is there to provide work rate and energy with his box to box game.

Defending

Falcao is to remain in attack. (Half Way Line)

Carzola is to look for opportunites for counter attacks by remaining in space.

Defensive Formation

Rafael---Varane---Suboti&#263;---Alba
    ----Muller Lucas Matuidi Kroos---
    ------------Carzola ------------

The formation is designed to fill the middle of the park and negate any creativity in that area, Full backs are to be left to mark their men so left one on one, both Center backs and Lucas being aware of that danger.

Filling the middle of the park is also designed to negate Neymar in this game as he like to drift inside.

Attacking Corners use the height of both Center backs and Muller with Lucas and Matuidi covering. Corners Left Muller and Right Carzola.

Attacking Free kicks Carzola shooting and Kroos to play the ball.

Defending corners there is a lot of height in the team with both center backs being very good in the air.

Bored now so that will do. :emoticon-0103-cool:

13. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

Alves is the Brazilian Johnson.. <laugh>

Papa might be able to contain Heskey, if his chocolate ankles don't snap. <ok>

The ref ain't gonna buy Suarez's BS today fella, that's why when Bramble tangles legs with him, his reputation will go before him and he'll be booked twice.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

alves is world class so donwing will just defned or run away from him... reputation alone will get him through.

papa has bad knees not ankles.....

oh and I've followed the fregie way, while you've gone for donks i've bribed the ref so suarez swan dive and you're done.

15. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

That's a ****ing shocking team, with the greatest of respect. How the **** did it happen? <yikes>

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

He's current favourite with the bookies.

17. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

Am I the only one who watches football on this damn forum? <grr>

18. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Apparently <doh>

19. Worst tactics ever, whoever is playing against this team should batter it <whistle> :bandit: <badger>

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Without Neymar you are nothing! <whistle>