1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Matt Le Tiss

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Libby, Mar 19, 2021.

1. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

yep that made me chuckle

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  2. dennisthewetcat

dennisthewetcat Active Member

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  3. hotbovril

hotbovril Well-Known Member

Remember the old Charlie says safety videos? This is serious enough to warrant a modern day version for anyone that uses the internet. My in laws have turned themselves anti-vax in this fashion. Worse still, they now believe that Harry Potter is subliminally promoting Satan worship to unsuspecting children. I had to tell them that if I ever heard mention of it from them again, the kids would not be back to see them. It’s crazy how huge an impact it can have on you.

4. One of yer Norvern Saints

One of yer Norvern Saints Well-Known Member

Two points here. First, I met Channon at a race meeting a few years back and he was OK. Not brilliant, but OK. Happier to talk about horses than football. My second point is that telling you to **** off isn't pleasant, but he's not expressing a bizarre view in public while being an 'ambassador' for SFC. Le Tissier is perfectly entitled to as many wacky views as he can conjure. However, he should only do this as an individual. As long as he is this ambassador he needs to be more circumspect.

Oh, and looking for a number 7 hero? How about Terry Paine? And controversially I would have Channon in any team!

5. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

You could see how good Bale was, even at 16/17.

6. thereisonlyoneno7

Still think Matt was better :)

Joking apart, Bale was/is an athlete, can run etc.

MLT, ate burgers, drank too much during the week and was 'lazy'. The reason he was deemed lazy was that he was so damn good he didn't need to run. Why run into the box at full pelt for a diving header at full stretch, when you can be 40 yards out, flick it over an opponents head and break the top corner of the net without the need to break a sweat. Why do a fast run down the wing, when you can find any blade of grass from the halfway line.

This thread has been good for me. Gone from MLT is a stupid prat and he is tarnished, to MLT is a stupid prat, but an absolute football genius that genuinely single handedly kept Saints in the top flight.

7. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

You could see how good he was going to be to an extent, I don't think many would have predicted he would become one of the most decorated British players of all time.

Out of all the youngsters we have had through the ranks in recent history the one who I thought would go on to have the best career was Chamberlain. He looked wise beyond his years and although he has had a good career, I think Wenger/Arsenal limited his potential by keeping him on the bench for 3 or 4 seasons. If he would have stayed an extra year or 2 at Saints, or even moved to a club where he would play regularly, I think he could have been an elite player.

8. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

Oh Rickie......why?.....might have unfollow like MLT for a while.
    5A2593D7-44E1-4072-AE85-7FE5AE6C6998.png

Osvaldorama likes this.
  9. ElliotMP

ElliotMP Well-Known Member

10. thereisonlyoneno7

2D61E1EA-820A-4F46-9C58-1DE4625D4561.jpeg

That’s what we want to hear from Matt

11. Libby

Libby 9-0

Turns out insinuating that war crimes in Ukraine were faked was the point of no return.

Can't believe this was originally posted over a year ago.

12. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely outrageous from him, especially when you read these horror stories about Ukrainian citizens being executed for no reason. I've come to the conclusion he's not a very nice person.

BackFromBeyond and SaintinNZ like this.
  13. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

14. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

I disagree that he’s a bad person. I think he’s still likely a great guy… and it is easy to understand why he doesn’t trust the media.

He (and sir Ricky) were right that the covid vaccine mandates were ridiculous. The more time passes and data/info comes out about the vaccines the less crazy they will seem. There HAS been an agenda there and they were two of the only people to acknowledge it.

The Ukraine post I agree was too far, but I understand his general scepticism about society and how things are portrayed in the media.

Fair play to him for having an opinion and sticking to his convictions - but probably correct call to get out of the spotlight. I hope he’s ok and not taking the abuse too badly tbh.

TheSofaSaint and manxsaint like this.
  15. TheSofaSaint

TheSofaSaint Active Member

There is a reason he deleted the tweet. His view is more that we shouldn’t trust everything the media is saying to us. He has not been on to delete a tweet in the past.

To be fair I am not sure how much we can be sure what is being reported is true about Ukraine at the moment. What ever is going on is horrific (and I have not checked or watched the news on the situation for a while) but when the war first started there were a couple reports of people being reported as dead, who this was later found to not be true.

I am more that willing to be corrected on the situation in Ukraine as I said I am not up to date on the events.

Osvaldorama likes this.
  16. SAINTOSPREY

SAINTOSPREY Well-Known Member

My views on what MLT has been saying are ambivalent, I thought what he was saying about Covid was wrong at the time, seems that he was right and I had it wrong and some of what he came out with has been vindicated. That was down to the brainwashing we were being subjected to at the time.
    This latest post about Ukraine, I only had a brief chance to look at it and I thought it was about how the Press presented the story, rather than a denial that it had happened. Something I thought of at the time, I expected that the Russians would claim it as a set up job, that's what they always do. Subsequent evidence seems to prove it was an atrocity and only time will present the facts. You have to look at every incident and question the truth.

As far as MLT's reputation is concerned anyone watching Twitter and other media sources will be aware that there has been a concerted hate campaign against him, conducted by individual/s, using multiple accounts and identities, to besmirch him, and that has been going a long time, even before the Covid affair.

There is a modern trend for people who want to change history by erasing the evidence, you can't do that, you have to learn from the mistakes of history and make sure that the wrongs are not repeated. Much of what has happened was down to the attitudes at the time, you can't change that, you can only learn how not to repeat the problems.

It's a pity that the warmongers in this World haven't learned frrom History that wars are always wrong and never solve problems, only peace can do that.

Libby, Archers Road and Osvaldorama like this.
  17. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

Yep. It’s exactly the same as the Joe Rogan thing.

Anyone that questions the globalist governments agenda in any way gets de-platformed and painted as a complete lunatic. It’s completely insidious and many people won’t even realise it’s an issue until it effects them.

18. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

How has Matt been de-platformed? And being painted as a lunatic is pretty much all his own doing.

19. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

Looking back at his history on covid pretty well bears that out. He and Ricky Lambert certainly haven't been proved right as some say without any examples to prove the point.

20. Libby

Libby 9-0

*Rickie

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.