1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Meghan and Harry

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Sunderpitt, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

We have not chatted on here about this yet... is this Mash Report spot on?

Montysoptician, Saf and Flash Gordon like this.
  2. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

The Mash report is absolutely spot on (evening if it's not quite as funny as it thinks it is). Xenophobia is still alive and well in this country, in fact, it's having a bit of a revival right now and someone that penetrates deep into the core of "British heritage" is of course going to strike fear into those who feel that way.

Personally, I think it's about time to have open discussions about the idea of a Royal family in this day and age. It's time for it to be abolished.

Don't be surprised to see a lot of replies about how it's nothing to do with racism but completely different reasons that cause an irrational hatred of her that very few people, with the exception of Greta Thunberg, have to experience.

Paperback Ruiter and MrRAWhite like this.
  3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I don't like her and it's nothing to do with racism. I'm sure it is for some people but I don't know why people assume it is for the majority. She's simply a bit of an annoying twat.

4. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

I don't care about her either way. It's not disliking her that's the problem. You can dislike loads of people. It's when it's an irrational, over the top dislike for her (which I would say exists for a proportion of this countries media and some of the population) that you have to question the motive.

Cockney Red n White likes this.
  5. Nostradamoose

Nostradamoose Active Member

She's smug, her publicity stunts don't connect with a wider audience and poor Harry looks like a ten year old boy next to her. She'll alienate him from his old fashioned German family, profit from his links to that family then eat him alive.

Oh aye and she's light brown. If we're going to bring racism into it she's more white trash than black.

LAMackem, Iain, Gatesy and 3 others like this.
  6. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

I'm all for Harry and Meghan "stepping back from public duties" as long as they step back from taking taxpayers handouts, and while they are on take the rest of the Sax Coburg Gotha family with them. Nowt but glorified "benefit scroungers" the lot of them.

7. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I honestly don't blame them one bit considering the crap they have took from the UK press. There mental well-being is at stake here which is far more important than what the queen thinks of their decision.

8. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

If there was another, heaven forbid, referendum on abolishing the monarchy.. I would voting to get rid of them.

However led, it is not surprising, by the Daily Heil and Murdochs rags, the abuse Harry's wife has had to take is definitely racist. She like Diana will not be kept within the boundaries proscribed by Lizzie and co.

But the likes of Sarah Vine (Gove's wife) and Piers Morgan (probably the biggest sh1tbag in the country) just think they have licence, due to Bonko being PM?, to say what they like.

9. Brainman

Brainman Well-Known Member

Good for them. The British press promote hatred of whatever their target audience secretly looks down on, be it people of "non-standard" colour, race, religion, class, sexuality.
    Harry and Megs actually do good things and she is lambasted for it. We all love Harry 'cos his mum died and he does that injured soldier thing, bless him.
    The Royals must be bricking it though.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Megs has an accident in the next few years.

10. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

If their mental health is at stake perhaps they should make a claim for sickness benefit and move out of Frogmore cottage into a council house where they can dread the DWP brown envelope dropping through the letterbox from Atos inviting them to a "work capability assessment" which will end up with their benefits being stopped. Then they can sign on as an unemployed couple for Universal Credit and each spend 35 hours per week "looking for work" or have their benefits stopped again leaving them destitute this time. It's a hard life....

11. MrRAWhite

Wealth is not a boundary for mental health issues mate. In fact I would go as far and say that a larger percentage of the very wealthy suffer mental health issues.

12. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

Out of interest where did Prince Harry acquire his wealth from?

13. Dancingstripes

Dancingstripes Well-Known Member

The worst thing we could do with the royal family is abolish it.

The amount of tourism income it produces each year far outweighs the cost to maintain the family and palace.

I can't understand why there is calls to end the royal family, could someone in favour of that happening explain why?

14. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

This is exactly what they’ve said they will do. Become self sufficient

MrRAWhite likes this.
  15. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

Can you explain to me why the "Royal Family" who are all basically unemployed and living off taxpayers handouts do not just receive Jobseekers Allowance or the state pension the same as anybody else? What makes them worth any more of taxpayers money than a "benefit scrounger" who is on the dole?

arthur and Makemstine Roger like this.
  16. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

Good hope the rest of them follow suit.

17. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Good luck to them, like them both but they are in for a shock if they think they are going on their own and it’s going to be easy.

18. MrRAWhite

They will be in massive demand for all kinds of public appearances and roles.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  19. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Don’t be stupid man!! The royals are a bunch of arseholes! Why would they do something that benefits the public!!

Makemstine Roger and DH4 like this.
  20. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Ouch!

Harsh but true, she's like the gorgeous girlfriend who takes you clothes shopping ...

... and you end up looking a total bellend with all your mates laughing at you.

If she told him he'd look great with dreadlocks and a platted beard he'd believe her and do it.

Iain, alan reed, mrs em and 2 others like this.