1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Membership direct debit

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Bootroom, Jul 27, 2020.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Following on from last week’s Government announcement that the proposed return of supporters to live sporting events in October has been postponed, we are now in a position to communicate the next steps regarding Memberships.

Firstly, though, we would like to thank Members for their continued support during recent uncertain times and we understand your frustration at the prolonged inability to attend matches at the KCOM Stadium. We also thank all those Members that took the time to respond to our recent survey regarding family, social and support bubbles – all of those details will be stored until such a time that they are needed.

Moving forward, monthly Membership payments, which provide the Club with a vital revenue stream in the current climate, will continue to be taken and, as such, we have looked at the ways in which we can provide best value whilst games continue to be played behind closed doors and this will result in the following:

- The live streaming of all home Sky Bet League One fixtures will continue to be made available to Members

- Members will also now be issued with TeamCard points equivalent to their monthly Membership cost (eg, an adult Member paying £30 per month will be issued with £30-worth of TeamCard points, a senior paying £19.50 per month will be issued with £19.50-worth of TeamCard points etc)

- Points can be accumulated to redeem against a range of exclusive items and experiences (including signed shirts, balls, Members-only merchandise, hospitality vouchers and events hosted by Tigers Events) which will be made available through www.tigerleisure.com and in store

- Alternatively, TeamCard points can also be redeemed online or in store against regular Tiger Leisure merchandise, or against future home league or cup match tickets when supporters are allowed to return. Points redeemed in Tiger Leisure will earn Members an additional 10%-worth of TeamCard points

Points will be issued within ten working days of the start of each month to the Member paying the monthly Direct Debit, with points for August and September being issued in October, October’s points being issued in November and future points being issued a month in arrears. As an example, an Adult paying for one Membership will get £60-worth of points in October.

Members will continue to be in a position of priority for any potential pilot fixtures that may take place at the KCOM Stadium, as well as for when crowds are allowed to return to matches, although please note that a ballot may be required depending on capacity restrictions.

We understand that not all Members will wish to take up the offer of TeamCard points and, with that in mind, we will be waiving the Membership cancellation fee (usually the equivalent of two-months’ payments) for any Members who cancel between Thursday 1st and Friday 9th October. Notice to cancel must be received in writing at [email protected] or by post addressed to: Memberships, Hull City, KCOM Stadium, West Park, Hull, HU3 6HU. Please note that anyone cancelling their Direct Debit payment without giving notice will incur an admin fee.

Any Member that cancels during the above period will receive a voucher to be used against future match tickets, or a gift voucher that can be used in Tiger Leisure, in lieu of TeamCard points.

2. newlandcasual

newlandcasual Well-Known Member

"Members will continue to be in a position of priority for any potential pilot fixtures"

Members never got a look in for the Crewe game, it was going to be a smaller number of corporate members and as for the Team card points who wants tat from the club shop ?

Kempton likes this.
  3. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Well
    There’s a lot going on in that message.
    Firstly. I see they are persisting with the ‘family’ and ‘social’ bubble bollocks that was wrong first time, and refers to things that don’t exist in any Govt guidance. They have decided to add in mention of a ‘support’ bubble which is in Govt guidance...However although they mention it in this message as far as I can recall they didn’t ask for that in the survey. Shame they didn’t use this opportunity to correct the bubble question for fans.
    Secondly while there’s not much stuff that grabs me on the Teamcard thing I must say it’s better than I expected. I was expecting something which was reduced by the number of live streams you got at a notional £10 per stream. So fair play for that and if the points don’t expire too quickly then being able to get cup tickets etc is a good thing. Good option under the circumstances.
    Thirdly. After what was a reasonable message about what you get by keeping your membership, and timely given the direct debits will go out in a couple of days, I’m surprised they have made cancelling so attractive. Immediate stoppage of cash going out without the normal 2 months notice. Some fans may grab that but from the clubs perspective making it that easy seems counter productive. Might have been better to offer to suspend memberships instead so you auto paid when games are back on? Once people have gone and direct debit cleared getting them back might be difficult.

Anyway at least they’re communicating

FER ARK, johnbo, Ron Burguvdy and 3 others like this.
  4. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

It's pretty fair to be honest, what more could they do?

TwoWrights and tigers1970 like this.
  5. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

if it's Ehab, it's see you next tuesday

6. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

to be fair to Ehab.... what can he say or do?

The entire industry & several more industries are ****ed. Utterly ****ed

FER ARK, Ron Burguvdy and TwoWrights like this.
  7. pcworks

pcworks Well-Known Member

I am wondering how many members will take advantage of the 'free cancellation' window, in effect the 1st October payment will still be collected so you will be only paying 1 month membership fee to cancel, but you will still get a voucher. I fear City may lose approx 1000 members, who will be hard to attract back again.

8. Howdentiger2

People will come back once allowed again as they will see it as being allowed to do something again that they have been told for quite a while they can't and if we are still doing well when fans are allowed back, we will see even more back

9. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Offer doesn’t look as good tomorrow , when he puts shirts up to 200 quid and 50 quid for a pencil case ..

10. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Erm I’m a member. Does that mean I have a Teamcard?

Newland Tiger likes this.

11. tigers1970

tigers1970 Well-Known Member

Same here mate.....I've never known how these points work anyway!!....more confused now!!!!

12. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Any garden gnomes or Mally Welbourne's book on prison life and sleeping rough left in the shop ?

dennisboothstash likes this.
  13. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

As I said with the exception of them still getting the way they might actually get people back in wrong, the rest is ok.
    Just surprised they seem to be actively enabling people to cancel even more easily

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  14. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

To be fair to them they've done the only thing they could really. It's good that they give the full membership value as points as well as free streams. It's good that they have given people a right to cancel instantly too. Bit of a dick move to make them pay October though.

15. HullPhil

HullPhil Well-Known Member

What's the cost to join?

16. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

It’s not bad but sadly it’s not good enough to stop me cancelling.

I’m really not interested in club shop vouchers. I barely buy anything.

I’d be more interested in halving the thirty quid cost and just getting free streams or them keeping some of the money they’ve already taken to secure my seat and suspending payments until we go back in.

But if it’s club vouchers and a stream or nothing, sadly I’ll be cancelling. I feel like there’s a way I could have continued paying something but this isn’t it.

I’m sad.

newlandcasual likes this.
  17. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Are you thinking you will get the home games streamed for free? Looks to me like they will be available and if you take it the cost will come off your monthly payment, the remaining amount available to use in the club shop or buy cup game tickets (if that ever becomes possible)

18. Fev

Fev Active Member

Seems as an individual if you would have bought the streams anyway. You have pretty much nothing to loose from the position we are now in. Might have missed something but quick calc leads me to that conclusion.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  19. Howdentiger2

Will you buy the streams after you cancel?

20. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Nah, they're very selective on the books they stock. :emoticon-0100-smile