1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Membership Information 2023/24

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 22, 2023.

1. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Well-Known Member

Without getting all mushy, Can I just take the opportunity to thank you (and the rest of you with long service awards) for supporting the club through the really tough years on behalf of the fans who get to see the club now.
    It wasn't that long ago (in the grand scheme of things) we were very close to not having a club at all. We needed people like you to carry on supporting the club

2. Muzz

Muzz Well-Known Member

I got a pass in my younger by a year brother's name years ago when I turned 16 as I was still at school and couldn't afford the doubling of the price. I think if it's kids doing it by a year or two turning a blind eye isn't the worst thing to do. Any fully grown adult who won't pay £25 a month needs to have a bit of self respect.

3. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

Especially when still at school, once you are earning it's not on.

HebridesTiger likes this.
  4. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

It's been a journey and a half hasn't it over the years and one i'd gladly take again. Now i'll carry on following from the comfort of my own home. <cheers>

5. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Anyone who feels the need to violate membership terms and conditions at these prices,and those who condone it,need to seriously consider the value of their support..

Screenshot_20230524-111547.png

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  6. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Are park benches comfortable? :emoticon-0125-mmm:

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

7. rovertiger

Trinity Square seating better.:emoticon-0105-wink:

TwoWrights likes this.
  8. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

The golden spot of getting the bus into town at the kids price and going into the pub. Happy days.

Newlandcasual2 likes this.
  9. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

Ah, when they called you Stig I was certain it wasn't the Top Gear one.:emoticon-0125-mmm:

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

rovertiger likes this.
  10. rovertiger

<laugh>

11. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I'm sure it does happen now but it doesn't make it right. This club will go only one way if we fill half of the ground with freebies. The crowds may look good but the financial side wont add up and the club will hardly be healthy or successful on the back of it. We may have 'serious people' running the club now but the previous owners were also 'serious people' who realised you cannot run a business on fresh air and free tickets. Acun has done wonders to get 20,000 crowds in the stadium towards the end of last season, but it was done for a reason, they expect those who were lured back on freebies or discounts will come back for the new season and pay the going rate. Spratt to catch a mackrel, you must have heard of that term?
    We only have about 22,000 seats to sell to home fans, and every one needs to be sat in and paid for if these serious people are, erm, serious, in funding a promotion challenge next season. Fans need to realise that.

12. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Thank you, makes a change from us old crusties being refered to as 'super fans'.

13. Ric Glasgow

Even 'if' we do sell in excess of 20,000 memberships,there's still a reasonable amount of seats being 'given away'(2-10's being 'free').The band above that sees anyone between 11-15 paying £4.50 a month.

The interesting one to me is the 16-22 group.The Club have actually reduced that by £4 a month and prices start at £8.50...I do wonder whether this is a group being specifically targeted through some sort of research on average attendance ages?

Of course,anyone above these groups jump up to 'full price' and it then tapers back down(not by a huge amount) for over 65's.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is,if he gets a huge response from under 22's(let's call it the support of the future) then there will be a large amount of bums on seats paying a third(or less) of the actual full price.

Is there any access to detailed age split from previous seasons including the season just finished?It's not vital to know in the grand scale of things but it would give an idea of our average season ticket price in terms of the revenue earned from each seat.

Tickton Tiger. and TwoWrights like this.
  14. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I think they are savvy enough to realise which age group has disposable income. The 16-22 are generally still in some form of education or apprenticeship so income is tight. But Football is addictive, getting them started and then keeping them going, in the beginning, will lead to many carrying on to support.

I started at 9 years of age, 66 years later I am still a fan. Yes I am overseas now, but still pay £140 a year on ifollow to watch the games

15. tigermaul

tigermaul Well-Known Member

I am considering getting a pass to show support for the new regime etc, but like some others won't be able to get to more than a couple of games, living partly in London and partly abroad. So would I be guilty of 'seat blocking' and is there any way to let the club know if you're not going to a game so they can resell or give away the seat on a match by match basis? (I wouldn't want any recompense for that).

16. WestStandTiger

WestStandTiger Well-Known Member

Yes you can I believe. If you just ring them up at the start of a week I believe they can de-activate the pass for the game and sell it.

tigermaul, rovertiger and TwoWrights like this.
  17. Ric Glasgow

If you're only going to attend a couple of games over the course of a season it doesn't make much sense buying a membership(unless of course there's a total sell-out and you run the risk of not being able to attend on a match ticket)?Match Day prices are reasonable even if he hikes them up a bit this season.We did do match day bundles at one point and there were deals for 6 or 12 matches,these were reasonably priced but I'm not sure if they'll do them or not.

I'm not dissimilar in the fact that I'll probably target 4 or 5 home games and hopefully travel to slightly more than that for away games.It has crossed my mind that 'if' this starts to look as if He's going to fill the Stadium I might need to bite the bullet and buy a membership but it seems a bit of a waste if I then only attend a couple.

I'm keeping my ear to the ground and if the ground starts to fill up rapidly I might buy a membership but at this moment in time I'm watching and waiting...

tigermaul likes this.
  18. Ric Glasgow

Do you have any link to that WST,it might be something that I could look at.:emoticon-0148-yes:

19. WestStandTiger

WestStandTiger Well-Known Member

I’m unaware of if it’s stated anywhere but this season I missed a home game and rung up then the ladies in the ticket office sorted it.

20. Ric Glasgow

I think most kids stick to the Club they first go and watch,I was 8 when I was first taken to Boothferry(1969).

I do take in games up here but that's more a logistical and financial thing(I can't afford Hull on a weekly basis,wish I could),and Glasgow Rangers were always part of the Paternal side of the Family due to the fact that my Scottish Grannies brother was a Rangers first team regular pre and post WWII.

The disposable income one is a bit more contentious? A lot of middle aged supporters are finding it difficult to make ends meet due to increased costs of running a home.The 16-22's who grew up in my household,4 of them,always had a bit more cash than their Father because they were given a piece of stark advice when they left School along the lines of "Don't even think about lying around in your kip all day,get a ****ing job and work for your living".

Anyway,it was more a question of what the split was like at our Club in terms of membership take up,any idea?