1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Men should be on a curfew after 18:00

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Blyth_bucaneer, Mar 12, 2021.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It'd be interesting to see the reaction if they tried to apply the same rationale to knife crime in London, and said all 'black' men should be on an 18:00 curfew.

Easter Road 1980 and Ciaran like this.
  2. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

:afro:

3. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

You are a bit rapey though Grove. Jus sayin..

Toby likes this.
  4. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

The thing with the pervert in this case is that he hasn't just woken up that day and thought, 'I think I'll just lift a pretty girl off the street' there must be a lot of background offences and signals that led up to this. One of the failings is the inability to tackle this sort of offending at an early stage. Given his job, these signs and the opportunities to address them should have been among the more straight forward to tackle. The fact they're clearly not is the worry, not the men.

As for stress, I know it's on a totally separate scale, but men are far more at risk of attack then women, and I know I and others are conscious of the concerns women have when they're alone in a quiet street, and I try to act in a way that offers reassurance, such as crossing the road or adjusting my pace, but blokes can still get stressed from the risk of allegations, even from innocently walking home. Personally, I'd have no objections to being asked what I'm doing if someone called the Police because they were concerned. I'd see that as a small price to pay.

Diego likes this.
  5. GroveRanger

GroveRanger Well-Known Member

I am not a bit rapey thank you very much, granted I am somewhat of an ogler though.

6. rogueleader

rogueleader suave gringo

“ the rapey doth protest to much”

Billy Shakespeare, circa 15th century.

7. GroveRanger

Like being in a sweet shop as a kid, you can look but you can't touch.

Legend has it that when I was a nipper I got up close and personal with a Caravaggio (or summat) and tried to pick a bit of paint off it. Mum & Dad got to me just in time before I ruined a priceless painting. Truth be told I was always a bit of a scab picker as a youngster so it would have been natural for me to try and smooth out the surface of a knobbly painting. My knees are covered in dents and smooth patches where I picked off the scabs.

Diego likes this.
  8. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

You make me sick

9. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

Why would they let a weird little kid get so close to a priceless painting? Oh I know why, because IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

10. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

^^^^This

11. GroveRanger

Before the days of high security, this would have been back in the early 1970's and I don't recall the incident myself. If it didn't happen then my Ma & Pa made it up decades later when I was into my late 20's and said to nobody else. If, as you assume, this was made up I would have to wonder who benefited from it?

Apparently my sister once lifted out the contents of her potty and put it on her head. If that was made up parent lies who was it meant to impress? This was all before every c.unt had a mobile phone and filmed every waking moment. Doesn't mean it isn't true and I was known to go wandering off so I've never doubted what I was told. Just like 'Nam, you weren't there man.

Diego and monacoger like this.