1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Men v Boys

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Mar 6, 2022.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

2. glazerfodder

3 - 2 to RM and PSG kicked out of the CL - this should kick start the managerial merry go round. Odds on Poch getting the sack and ZZ taking over at PSG but Poch's hopes of taking the reins at RM are over after that result.................so guess where he goes next !!

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Back to Spuds with any luck, as long as he stays the **** away from us i don't care.

glazerfodder and cytrax like this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I don't think tonight can be blamed on Poch. PSG in pretty much total control and just self-imploded.

Having said that, I don't know about you but it's put me off Poch a bit. He knew how important it was to be the manager that gets PSG past Real and to a final and they just capitulated. I think he's now my least favourite out of the choices out there.

glazerfodder and Diego like this.
  5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

There’s too much commotion around Poch, in my opinion. If Poch comes here, it won’t be long till the press starts writing about how it’s not working and psychologically psyched the team out. I think that we need someone with less baggage of expectations as the next messiah.

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

They'll do that about whoever takes charge, doesn't matter who it is.

What I will say is that once they went two up he should have shut up shop. He didn't. And I suspect he didn't because he didn't want to upset the likes of Messi and Neymar tossing themselves off for the cameras.

Which is a definite negative against him.

Treble and glazerfodder like this.
  7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

They were 2-0 up on aggregate. They were completely controlling possession. They'd quietened the Bernabeu and the Real players were chasing shadows.

Then one mistake from the keeper and Real equalise.

Even then, they could've just regathered their composure and played the way they were.

If anything at 1-1 he could and probably should have brought on Wijnaldum who would've helped keep possession and been decent defensively in midfield.

Some great possession football from PSG tbf and they totally lost the plot.

8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I guess if we put biases aside and objectively look at Poch’s ability to coach and get his team to play decent football, then he can’t simply rule him out because of one game.

I haven’t seen much of the French League games, but it will be interesting if those that have see the qualities that are necessary in Poch to build a successful and cohesive team. If outcome of that analysis is - “yes”, he can do the job, then he should rightfully remain in the running regardless of the result last night.

9. glazerfodder

B
    But he will start his tenure as a failure - not a good scenario given the unrest in the dressing room. he seems too much of an 'arm around the shoulder' guy - fine when things are going great - but for a sacked manager................... not a good starting point if you want to bring the dressing room along with you

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I watched the 2nd half of the PSG game again. The subbing of Paredes was a fck up by Poch tbh.

I can understand Paredes got away with a foul that could've got him sent off, but the whole dynamic of the midfield changed when he went off. Gueye was a mess when he came on.

Literally 5 mins later Real went 2-1 up then 3-1.

Diego likes this.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Said it before and will say it again, Poch is a definite no no for me.
    Nothing i can realistically point at but the impression he will always be the "nearly" man. Teams that can be good to watch but never a real threat of winning anything.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

The most damning indictment of Poch on yesterday's game is that the next decent side Real Madrid come up against they're out.

That says it all <ok>

glazerfodder and Diego like this.
  13. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Thomas Tuchel available soon?

As for Poch, his management of PSG hasn’t been impressive so far. I just don’t mean the collapse of his team in that second half against RM. BTW does that remind you of a team closer to home? His management of the top stars at the club has been non existent. I feel that Ten Haag might be a better bet but whether it’s Poch or Ten Haag, the manager will do their job much better without expensive galacticos with huge egos like Pogba, CR, who create chaos when things go wrong. What do teams like City, RS or Chelsea have in common? No superstars who get upset when they don’t play. Fergie got rid of any player who he thinks is behaving above his station. No one managed to do this after him. The next manager must have that power and must be supported.

cytrax and glazerfodder like this.
  14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

PSG nor United's main problem are galacticos type players. The vast majority of PSG's players aren't galacticos and the likes of Messi and Mbappe did little wrong against Real Madrid. There were probably more galacticos in that Real Madrid side than PSG's and they did alright.

Ronaldo and Pogba are our only galacticos type players. And only Pogba who's a waste of space and a poor influence in the dressing room, but I don't see that as our biggest problem.

I don't understand the attacks on Ronaldo, the bloke's a model professional and if any youngster wants to see what hard work looks like and the commitment to training and how you should lead your life then he's the best example there is. And on the pitch the bloke's a serial winner.

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I completely agree on this, it's a very strange idea that's been perpetuated by the media and carried by telly clappers that he is 'the problem'.

Interesting that you put him in the same post as Pogba, who is the chalk to Ronaldo's cheese.

Ronaldo is a dedicated professional work horse who is playing at the top of his game age 37 because of this.

Zlatan was/is the same. These players should be used as an example to aspire to, not bitch about how much they are being paid and who's development they are allegedly 'holding back'. Never heard such nonesense.

Pogba however...........................

cytrax and Treble like this.
  16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Ronaldo's the pantomime villain in the UK perpetuated by bitter folk who despise the fact we had the world's best player at our club. It was exactly the same from 2003 to 2009.

Btw I only put them in the same post as they're the only ones that could be regarded as "galacticos" which I'm guessing means superstar/big names. I quickly added there's only one I consider a waste of space and it aint Ronaldo.

17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Pogba is such a disappointment because he just rarely manages to live up to what he is capable of on the pitch. I believe this is the psychological impact of unsettling himself psychologically seasoned ago. He left his commitment to the club wide open to misrepresentations with foolish statements that were never retracted. His agent is also an absolute knt!! It is why I don’t want a player like Haarland anywhere near the team. Let City have him!

We should have never allowed Pogba to remain in the team for six years. You can’t have an enigma in team sports. The outcome is always one of massive disappointment as they drag everyone down with them. Bringing Pogba back was a massive mistake.

glazerfodder likes this.