1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 22, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<cracker><bubbly><cracker><bubbly><cracker><bubbly><cracker><bubbly><cracker>

It's that time of year again so here is hoping that all of our readers but mainly our contributors have a great Christmas and happy new year. I was going to say prosperous but Joe will think I only mean him.

It's been a strange old year this one for a lot of reasons. Football wise we were top at the start only to cave in and fall at the last hurdle put in front of us. Bit like Devon Lock the racehorse all those years ago. Seems anything from or with Devon in it is destined to struggle. We then Start the new season with the gloom still hanging around and promptly lose the first few games and are bottom. Oh dear we thought or at least I did. We took off and are now in the same place we were at the start of the year. Top of the heap once more. We have a Cup game at Anfield having not blown the replay and everything looks rosey. (what could possibly go wrong).

On the national side we are leaving Europe with plym cheering loudly from the sidelines. Only one who is but whatever, we are leaving and that's that. Trump is all set to cause a nucleur punch up with somebody because he's a moron but has a button. (what could possibly go wrong)

At least BC has his snow and the bears are happy enough. BC might be the only one to survive as he lives in the back of beyond under a snow blanket. Here is hoping that lyndy gets his dream job in 2017. we've had enough of him scrounging of the pensioners. Notdistant will become the MD or his multi national company and the Government puts the pensions up by at least 50% and trebles the heating allowance to keep Joe happy with his instilations. I hope Hobo gets his new cardboard box for christmas and bedoboy gives up his camel mistress and returns to normal living. Us pensioners just hope to survive another year to pee off the kids and the Government.

Anyway, ALL THE VERY BEST TO ALL.<party>

2. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Thanks Sensible.... A Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to you and rest of the Gang...

3. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone..

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can I Wish all who use this board a Happy Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year.

Also.....

1.....sensible.....Hope that you control your Mr Grumpy next year ....as PAFC dip wisely into the January market and hopefully strengthen their squad...maybe a goal scorer would be nice.

2.....Lindy .....Being a man of leisure is ok for awhile....but when your young enough to want to work still.... then it becomes annoying....hope that will change soon for you.

3.....notDistant.....Hope that next year your view of Brexit will soften a bit...their are to many morons running the EU at the moment to make it a better choice than getting out.

4.....Joe.....Best of everything for your youngest this coming year....and hope that there are just enough burst pipes this winter to keep you and your team in profitable employment.

5.....BC.....Hope that the winter isn't to severe for you.....wouldn't it be nice to hibernate like your bears....but of course you wouldn't know how Argyle where getting on...especially if they get promoted and make the Cup Final.

6.....Hobo.....There should be a good assortment of cardboard boxes thrown out after the festivities....you could build yourself a nice little home at Home Park....and have enough to rent out to others.

7.....Not forgetting.....Mrs Lala & Plymjools....I hope your both well and keeping an eye on us...and one day start posting again....we do miss your femine touches....we have difficulty keeping sensible under control...he can be so embarrassing at times.

8.....To others....Who pass through our little board.... those we know.... and those who just observe...can I wish you well for the season and the New Year as well.

Don't do anything I wouldn't over Christmas and the New Year and keep fit and safe for as long as possible.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Did you see Trump has asked for a quote from Boeing for a price for an aircraft to replace the over budget F35. I'm wondering where that would leave the Navy and its 2 new carriers.....

6. Greenarmyjoe

Thanks Plym..

7. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

MERRY Christmas all. Family have all gathered back at my place which is lovely.

Wish you all good health, happiness and good luck for whatever next year brings.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Well I hope we all have many Christmas's as well lyndy.

9. Greenarmyjoe

He may have had to MANY red wine's while writing on here :emoticon-0168-drink<bubbly>

10. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

ooh err, worrying thing is that I was sober!

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Blame your mobile Lindy.....Joe does all the time....<cracker>...<cheers>...<ale>...<bubbly>.

12. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to you all whatever the result between our teams hope you all have a good one <cheers>

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Accepted with thanks....:1980_boogie_down:.

14. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just got back from a very pleasurable day out at my daughters. Nearly time for bed after several bottles of vino. Just got a taxi back from West Park to Lipson and given it's Christmas Day expected a "How Much" price. It was taxifast who have always been quite reasonable. It's time and a half today and they told me that when I booked it. £13.50. I had expected at least £20 and then a bit more probably. Turned up bang on time so if any of you need a cab I'd advise you to use this firm.

Been playing games most of the day with Grandson and the gang. Quiz games so am tired now. If I have to think more than an hour a day then it wears me out. Anyway hope you all had a great day. Best present was a 1 kilo Jelly Baby. Not sure how I'm goin to eat it yet but look forward to trying. And no I can't just pop it in my mouth.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Jelly Baby solution.....How about a ...Knife & Fork.... sensible.

Endured too many Christmas cracker jokes yesterday.....We were all around my sons for Christmas Meal....three grandparents....four parents....three grandchildren... (other in-laws parents & Grandchildren not available)......for 10 cracker jokes.

Then we all upped camp about 5 pm and came back to our place....and had a mass present session....followed by a grand spread of food (again).......and TEN more crackers.........Q...What's white and goes up ?....A...a confused snowflake........Q...Which football team did Baby Jesus support ?.......A...Manger-ster United !.

Ok ok....I won't subject you to anymore....but I had 20 to survive....so I thought at least two for you lot....how about a nice long walk now to get your appetite going for ANOTHER NICE BIG MEAL today.

16. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Merry Xmas from a packed Home Park. Kick off delayed 15 mins.