1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Merson

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Obaoutofthetoon09, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

he's been saying this all season so he was bound to be right one day. I would bet all the money in the world he will go for Wolves to draw at least.

2. Theoski09

Theoski09 Member

Merson should have gone with his instinct...5-0 it was. He was far too kind to us...

3. Yeah, what a mug Merson was!
    <doh>

4. Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction

Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction Well-Known Member

Wondered when you would turn up <doh>

5. Well, it took 63 posts, and here I am, in all my glory!

Hey, lads! Lest we misunderstand one another, let me make myself absolutely clear.

This thread is merely having a little giggle at all those who were running Merson down for daring to (effectively) say that Spurs were going to give you a hiding at WHL. He called it right, and I would expect those of you who are big enough to admit he did, and to apologise for slagging him off (eve if he deserves to be slagged off, in general - and I am certainly no fan of his, as you might well imagine). That having been said, I want the Toon to finish 4th (if possible), and certainly no lower than 5th. If you can do that, then you will have denied either Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool a top 5 finish, and I'll sing your praises for that, in May <cheers>

6. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

A loss away to tottenham isn't a problem, the manner of it was but if we bounce back then its no issue really.

As for Merson the guy isn't suddenly a good pundit because he called this one right. His record for us this season is 16 points from our 22 games he's predicted, that's just embarassing. So no Hiag i'm not going to apologise for slagging him off (as i have on other threads), he always predicts us to lose, usually by large amounts. I think he has us down for having won 3 games all season. If he had the same sniping at Tottenham and constant comments about how we were lucky and due to lose would you be apologising to him on the rare occassion he was right?

Anyhoo, good luck for the rest of the season. I quite like tottenham but it looks like you're nailed on 3rd, time will tell.

7. Cheick Mate

Cheick Mate Member

Merson was right. Well done him.

Lets see if he gets it right in our next game.

8. He's always had a pop at us. It's only because we're now two-thirds of the way through the season and looking like we're consolidating our place in 3rd spot that he's starting to predict good things for us!

But, I do take your point.

<ok>

9. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

Spurs are probably the most on-form team and playing the best football, but the fact is that Man Utd and Man City just keep on winning, so for as long as they keep getting the points, all the good football in the world won't help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.