1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Message for Tony Fernandes

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by YorkshireHoopster, Aug 9, 2013.

1. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Sorry Tony, I'm old fashioned. I don't believe in soundbites and tweets. What I want to say really needs to be said properly. In full sentences, paragraphs and by reasoned arguments.

Well done. Slowly, the players bought under your watch are all being got rid of with no return at all. The best we are able to do is to reduce the losses. It's sad as you have invested so much in our club. You deserve better than this but you are right to cut away the gangrenous limbs before it's too late. I hope we, fans as much as you, the owners, have all learned the lessons of the last wretched two years. Success cannot be bought by paying over the odds. You've been badly let down by the men you trusted.

Just a few more of the bitter pills to swallow and then you can truly wipe the slate clean and plan for the future, yours and ours. When we return to the promised land promise yourself that there will be no more. If you want to spend, invest in the club, not just the first team. If you buy players they must be young and keen to prove themselves, not 'legends' as described by their agents or the manager who wants them.

If we do go up while Redknapp is in charge do not be persuaded by him that we need a completely new team. We don't. If we go straight back down without having spent a penny and put all £80 million towards the new stadium and developing the scouting network and youth team it will be far more beneficial in the long run.

The City learnt the hard way that chasing instant profits (in football terms 'results') is a disastrous strategy. Swansea and Norwich got it right. Sadly, we did not. They spent wisely on younger talent. They didn't go trawling through the reject bins at Real and the Milan clubs or listen to the parasites feeding off those rejects.

Never again. Above all else, don't be seduced by past success and exercise your own judgment. Trust no one.

2. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

If this is a message for Tony Fernandes, why not send it directly to him, your clutching at straws if you think he spends his time looking on here

3. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

I hope your going to the meet up before the Brum game. I'll buy you a pint mate.
    Too many of our fans won't face the fact that we have made a complete bo••ox of the last two years. We bought players way way above our station and wanted to run before we could walk. We had been 15 years out of the top flight and boy didn't it show in almost everything we did. Lets take stock, rebuild slowly, get players in who want to play rather than count the £ signs. I don't want any more fancy names. I want players who care about my club as much as I do. As much as all of us. We have become thelaughing stock of football. Our club WILL be used by others as an example of how not to do it. It hurts. It hurts real bad. We were and still are a family club. Lets go back to our roots. Lets not be the bully boy in the sweet shop. Lets learn some humility again and let's be proud if our team and our club. Rant over.
    Come on you Rrrrrrsssssssss

4. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think nearly all qpr fans accept we made a pig's ear of it. We appear to be trying to remedy it now though.

5. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

can I say from a outsider looking in, and I am guilty as anyone I got swept along in the hype/expectations of q.p.r, even my long suffering q.p.r mate said at the beginning of last season, we will be playing the likes of real Madrid and barca in a couple of years, I never disagreed, I said we ffc have had a good run, its q.p.r time, and having billionaire owners did not help, I said last season rangers could go as high as top 6, lets gets realistic here, this is q.p.r a club been through tough times in the last 15 years, all of sudden get to the promise land and instead of building slowly, ego takes over and expectations got to high(did anyone think that rangers would get relegated at the start of the season) I did not, t.f will learn not to buy 30 year olds looking for a last pay day. and do as naarwich, west brom, Swansea and ffc have done, build bit by bit, if anyone can harry can

6. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Great opening post Yorkie. I agree with you. I feel really sorry for TF as the amount of money he and the other investors have pumped into the club is enormous. He deserved a lot better than what our players have produced to date. I hope he has learnt from his mistakes. I like to think he is learning and fast. He appears much less naïve this year compared to last.

I particularly liked your reference to TF not only investing in the first team and to ensure that we buy young, keen to prove themselves players. I agree with that strategy 100%.

I am anxious to see what the long term financial impact will be on the club. Once that becomes clear, only then will I personally judge TF's reign. My point is, is it his own money he is spending or is it the club's future revenue that is being spent. If it is his own money and there will be no long term financial impact on the club, fair enough, keep spending Tone. If it is the clubs future revenue that is being spent, thats a totally different ball game and I would have serious reservations about our future financial stability.

7. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Some great posts. Letting it out seems to ease the pain.
    I have put the painful experience of the premiership behind me - and painful it was ,to see the way the club was 'mugged' by opportunist agents and unprofessional 'professional' footballers alike. But if you stand at the corner of the street waving handfuls of 50 pound notes bragging how you're going to spend it... well, what do you expect.

I'm much happier with the quiet, behind the scenes, signings (despite how hungry I am to hear who our next signing will be). TF does seem to be learning in the tough world that premiership football has created, with so many mercenaries and money grabbers. All of that, and the ridiculous transfer fees, agents fees and wages banded about now has taken the shine off my love for football (but not for the Superhoops). I can honestly say I hated the premier years and I am looking forward to the competitiveness of the Championship. Not too sure how I will feel if(when?) we go back up.

But for now... when are we going to sign a bloody creative midfield general and another striker- I need to know, I need to know!!!!!!!
    <rofl>

8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I think the writing was on the wall BEFORE we knew we were going up. The Ale saga not being resolved until an hour before the last match. No official celebration of our promotion. The Goons holding out for every penny they could screw out of the club and TF's panic buying sprees all combined to make it one of the most miserable periods in our history.

Yet despite all that there are some amazing memories from our two years up there. Two 1-0 wins over the scum, wins against Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool, the last gasp win over Stoke and that epic match at the Etihad. Last season was painful but Harry is now trying to eradicate that memory and, however cynical you may feel about him he needs to be given a chance to see if he can get us back up playing proper football. TF has paid a big price for his naivety but he's still putting his hand in his pocket, time will tell if he's going to get it right or go bust...

9. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Good posts. Let's face it, we all got carried away, at the time it seemed to be right, but in hindsight we made ourselves look stupid.
    Whatever anyone says, friends, Scum "supporters", Twitter, newspapers, experts, WE ARE QPR AND ALWAYS WILL BE!

10. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

Wholeheartedly agree with this.

Harry was NEVER going to get the ****s to perform despite what people have said. Nobody could. He has shown his intent by not getting rid of one or two but by trying to get rid of the lot of them in one foul swoop.

11. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Have a strong feeling TF is the iron fist in the velvet glove. He got caught up in the moment upon buying the club. I can't see it happening again. If we can get up to the Prem in the next couple of seasons, the first try will just be a hiccup and we'll move on...

And I approve of what HR has done since last season (not wholly convinced about Henry, but I'm being picky). Increasingly we look like top 6 contenders at the least.

12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

One way or the other Fernandes will make this work, he has everything else he's turned his hand to [At this stage I would normally expect a comment from Imaz. Where's the old scrote gone?]

As for this season lets see. We have shed 19 players already, and only brought 5 in. Possibly another 6/7 to go - Cesar, Traore, Barton, Mbia, Diakite, Granero, Young......We probably have a decent first team for this league, but no depth at all. I expect to see a few more back up players brought in, and its their quality which will determine how we do. This will not be an injury and suspension free year.

13. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

19? Got that list?

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

15. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

My message to Tony, fcuk the begrudgers. We're lucky to have him and lets hope he doesn't fall out of love with us. You can please some of the people some of the time..............he would do well to remember that. Stick with it and ignore the naysayers. Actually a few measages there but all basically saying the same thing.

16. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Done? We have been...