1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mesut Ozil

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Jan 14, 2019.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Cant help but think we are going to have a big squad rebuild in the Summer.

Firstly, Ramsey and Cech are going. Ozil looks to be on the way out to.
    We will almost certainly sell: Elneny, Lichtsteiner & Jenkinson and there's big question marks over the future of Wellbeck & Mkhitaryan.

On top of that the new ADIDAS deal and Emirates deal renewal should bring in some cash.

Be an interesting next 6 moinths for sure.

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Have to say if the James Rodriguez for Mesut Ozil rumours are true. Would be a great move for the Club.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I hope so mate. This squad needs an overhaul and we need to shift on some players who just aren't good enough. Ramsey and Cech we know are going and I'd add to that Elneny, Welbeck, Jenkinson, Mustafi, Ozil and Xhaka if we can move them on.

Mkhitaryan and Lichstiener I'd keep and I'd also promote Saka and Willock.

Then we'd need to look at adding at least one more CB a couple of midfielders and a winger.

4. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

The MO from the board at the moment seems to be to get the higher wage earners off our books. I think this gives us a good idea of who is going to be leaving in the summer. If Ozil doesn't leave now, he will certainly be forced out in the summer. It's a silly idea to tell him that now though, as we need our best players onside and not feeling like they have to prove something. All in all its been nothing short of a disastrous window from an Arsenal perspective. Hope I am proved wrong.

5. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

The only thing I would say is that we seem to keep going from one extreme to the other. Every players strength becomes a weakness. We are not scoring enough goals so we buy Ozil. We start scoring goals and then all of a sudden he isn't good enough defensively.

We buy Mertesacker because we are giving away too many set piece goals, and then suddenly he is too slow and passive and we buy Mustafi, but then he is too small, and aggressive.

We buy Xhaka because he is big and tough and not easily brushed off the ball, but then he is too aggressive and too slow, so we buy Torreira and low and behold we are losing in the air again. and being brushed off the ball.

I'm not saying these players are bad or good. I'm just saying that we need to find balance and none of these players are bad or good, or need to be got rid off. There just needs to be a balance, and I am not sure that I am seeing this idea of balance from the fans. I hope and think Emery knows what he is doing. Certainly Wenger tended to wildly over-correct in his last few years, I just hope Emery doesn't do the same.

I would like to see changes made in much smaller increments. I don't like wholesale changes. If you are trying to calibrate a system, it is much better to make small changes, and do lots of testing.

winifred122 likes this.