1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mexican Grand Prix awards, 2018

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by cosicave, Oct 29, 2018.

1. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

Not with a Honda he wont....

easynic150 likes this.
  2. dhel

dhel Well-Known Member

lol

3. dhel

dhel Well-Known Member

I remember when he started he said he doesnt respect BIG Names, that they are all the same to him, then when he crashing all the time Vettel said he will speak to him and his reply was that its no problem, Vettel can speak to him,b but he wouldnt take his advice anyway...now is that what you would want to hear from a youngster who is hoping to win a championship one day? Wouldnt you happily take free advice from a four-times champion? Not that Runt!

4. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

Fair enough!

SgtBhaji likes this.
  5. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

Best Driver: Verstappen. Best car on the day but he was opportunistic and determined. Best use of tyres of any driver over the weekend saw him with all the aces in the pack.
    Worst Driver: Ocon was careless with his positioning behind Sainz, resulting in losing wing end-plate. Gasly under-performed.
    Luckiest Driver: Vettel getting away with no damage after contact with Bottas – and then inheriting 2nd place after Ricciardo's retirement.
    Unluckiest Drivers: I believe Ricciardo pips Alonso for this. Both were unlucky but it matters a lot more to RIC. ALO couldn't care less now: he even seemed pleased to be excused from the race nice and early. Sainz also going very strongly before car failure. Perez DNF at his home race.

Best Rookie/New Driver: Leclerc.
    Best Team: Red Bull? It's difficult to give it to them outright when only 50% of their cars finished, but their use of tyres was the best – especially with Verstappen.
    Surprise Team: Sauber.
    Worst Team: Williams. Absolutely nowhere all weekend.

Best Overtake: Two: Hamilton v Räikkönen: very brave in the circumstances, and skilfully executed. Also Vettel v Ricciardo for essentially the same reason. Perez on Leclerc was good, as was Vettel v Hamilton but the two above were better.
    Most Surprising Result: Although I expected Red Bull to be good again at this circuit, Ricciardo on Pole was a very pleasant surprise. Perez showing respect to Ericsson's very good defending. Mercedes and Red Bull stopping so early.
    Least Surprising Result: Ricciardo's mechanical failure? Alonso once again being first to retire? Pirelli tyres causing headaches at an abrasive circuit? Vettel getting away with contact against yet another car (Bottas this time)? All were very predictable.

Funniest moment: Vandoorne's complaint of everyone being too slow.
    Excuse of the week: Did anyone even bother talking to Claire Williams? –And Pirelli must have some excuse for their inadequate tyres, which in turn means the FIA surely must have some excuse …
    Special Mention: Hamilton for a fifth World Drivers' Championship. Any world championship is worth a mention when it occurs but matching Fangio's biggest statistical achievement makes it so much more important. Ericsson for once again looking like an F1 driver. Perez at his home Grand Prix. And finally: Vettel, who despite knowing the game was up, tried very hard.

Race Rating: 7.45/10. Lots going on with three teams in the hunt all weekend.

dhel likes this.
  6. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

I have tried 3 times to watch this race , and I simply cannot get into it , and not really sure why .

I don't remember that happening before EVER <confused>