1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Michu signed for Napoli. Official.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Norway-jack, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Oh well one of the greatest ive ever seen in a swans shirt has left on loan to Napoli.

He has gone from injured to Champions league .

Thoughts ?

2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I wish him all the best. Loved every minute of him playing for us. my first sight was QPR away and couldnt believe it. Wish he was still here.

3. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

Don't understand the loan deal tbh. After his injury, why would we risk sending him on loan? What if he gets injured again for Napoli, it could cost us in the long term.

4. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Im gutted by the whole thing TBH . Such a shame that a player like Michu is on loan at another club and for some reason is not featuring for SCFC . obviously serious things went on at that club last season and for us to be freezing out canas and poz, selling pablo and Michu ..well, it defies logic if you read our official news pages as everything is under the radar.

What the fook went on init ?

5. trundles left foot

The only bonus from this is at lest he has left the PL, so he wont be coming back to haunt us.

6. mikraswan

mikraswan Well-Known Member

Michu and higuain are going to hit it off in serie A, pity it's not Michu and Bony in the premier league.
    I suppose he wants to play for a proven manager...

7. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Didn't want to be here so I am glad we have got rid of him as it was clear he didn't want to be here, although I was hoping it would have been a cash deal. That said he is one of the best players I have ever seen wearing the swansea colours.

8. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

That's a big call there Mikra given the injuries and lack of form Michu has displayed the past 12 months and Higuain being very average at the World Cup.
    Time will tell I suppose.

9. Sbulby

Sbulby Well-Known Member

Let's hope he's the last to leave this year but probably won't be. Huw and Monk will need to bring in at least 3 more quality players to ensure we maintain our advancement up the premier league. If we hang on to Bony we have a chance of achieving this.

10. campionijack

campionijack Member

Michu 2012-13 : sorry to see you go
    Michu 2013-14 : bye bye

11. mikraswan

Look at the clip On YouTube: Bonys first Swansea goal: Michu thought he'd score, misses, and ends up making a strange assist for Bony.
    The goal celebration is really strange, check the look on Michus face: says it all; or delete the post if you find it inappropriate... I won't mind: it's just an observation...

12. morgan

morgan Member

Great player and will be missed, does anyone have any idea what position he will be playing in Napoli. Could some of Michu's problems be that he wanted to keep playing as a striker to help him get into the Spain team in the future. I say this as every article I see describes him as a physical striker/center forward but I couldn't see him carrying on that role for us anymore.

13. trundles left foot

So you have decided he is a racist because he didnt celebrate Bony scoring a goal.

14. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Post removed along with others mentioned above.

15. Nosugarman

Nosugarman Member

Racist? He didn't seem to have a problem with others of a different ethnic origin.

16. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

He didn't like it when Bony stole the limelight. With his injury problems and tantrums he either had to fit in or go. He's gone.

There is scope for him to come back - but he's got to be fit and willing to slot in the team - with Bony.

17. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Agree PGF, that's how I read the situation, didn't like being second fiddle to Bony.

18. neathjack

neathjack Active Member

Just another strange decision that I doubt will never be explained

19. mikraswan

What will Napoli have to pay for him when the loan expires? And speaking of loans: will De Guzman be back?

20. Dragonborn

Dragonborn Active Member

Why the puzzlement? Sad to see Michu go but he's clearly an emotional type of guy and as Laudrup said came here for him not for us - just like Pablo. This is just the manifestation of that I'm afraid.

Clearly doesn't want to play for us so maybe we should be a little less forgiving, particularly as I suspect (yes only suspect) the "injury" was part of him not wanting to be here. Whether you're pro or anti Monk I for one only want players here who want to play for us or who can be persuaded to stay. Michu isn't either and to be honest I feel kind of betrayed by the guy. We gave him his big break and he's repayed us by ****ing off as soon as his mentor goes.

Unless someone comes up with a credible scenario that's the obvious one isn't it? Monk has publicly stated he wanted him to stay.

Grateful for that epic first season but I wish we'd sold him not loaned.