1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Middlesbrough vs QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Jul 2, 2020.

1. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Hugill has been mightily fortunate to have a season alongside Eze, Osayi-Samuel and Manning who have regularly created so many chances that your Aunt Maude would probably have put 15 away. Nahki Wells was fortunate in exactly the same way and has been seriously found out at Bristol without this service. The epic miss just before the goal yesterday was far more typical of Hugill's season than the goal itself and my abiding memory of the lad will be his remarkable ability to lift the ball over the bar from close range more predictably than Johnny Wilkinson ever could. The real question is where will the goals come from when these three are no longer around to provide the golden platter to whatever PL reject we end up loaning next term

2. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I think Chair is good enough to keep progressing and do a lot of that. Also Shodipo to a lesser extent. We’ll have to buy very well- I like Onyedinma at Wycombe who Holloway was keen on. Bright-esque.

Marcus Maddison who I don’t particularly rate but is another flair player type is available to someone on a free.

StortfordQPR likes this.
  3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Harsh on Hugill that. He has scored goals like yesterday and others like the one from the outside of his right boot at an angle way out on the left outside the box, that any striker would be proud of, and weren't set up tap-ins by any means. He misses huge chances yes, all strikers do, but he doesn't seem to let the misses get to him like they do with many, as yesterday's goal showed. He also almost scored a worldy just a few days ago, as well as the headed goal he got rising above Ream to head well down into the corner.

15 goals to date, not to be sniffed at by any means. I'd be very happy if he stayed with us another season.

Ninj, bobmid and kingdom hoop like this.
  4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I don't think we could afford what the Hammers are likely to want for him. We may be better getting a young PL player on loan who can actually score, Mason Greenwood would do nicely...

Totallyqpr likes this.
  5. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

if the hamsters go down they will probably need to cut costs so maybe Hugill will come to us.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  6. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Interesting to read that boro's team yesterday cost around £47m and ours was around £100k.....no wonder Gibson is going after derby and Wednesday for ffp sanctions as you obviously don't get much for your hard earned cash these days in the north east....

kiwiqpr and Didley Squat like this.
  7. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

No way ours cost that little. We paid fees for Bright and Manning. Hugill would’ve had a loan fee. Perhaps Spurs are paying us to take Amos off their hands.

Still an achievement to have a team compete for so little outlay.

8. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

BOS was around 50k and manning around 60k......agree about loan fees but still a huge disparity...