1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mitrovic

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by JokeInEre, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

and then signing joelinton <doh> what a horrific mistake they've made signing him.. poor lad but he's just not a premier league player

Heed likes this.
  2. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

i want him and Grabban playing for us next season we would walk league one then, but in the real world we have Grigg !. I see the press say you are after Kane, Bale, ronaldo, Neymar and Messi you would be happy with 2 of them though surely.

3. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

You're skint man, your owner hasn't got a pot to piss in

We're signing Mbappe so not arsed about those 5 players

4. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Ah hello Monty, you might have seen that in the press, but we don't read the Mong Express, so these rumours have passed us by.

And Messi and Ronaldo? Nah, they're both past it now, we much prefer Joelinton and a permanently knackered Andy Carroll up front.

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.
  5. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

**** off ya daft kunt. <confused> this emoji doesn't get much of a showing.

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Agreed

7. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I do like it when someone preempts the inevitable excuses <ok> Merino was a bit of a travesty. He left because he wasn't playing, I'm not interested in fake excuses from him or fans about homesickness etc. I have sympathy with Rafa as Diame was in a purple patch, but its a bit short sighted given I dont think we'd have lost much by playing him.

I liked Mbemba too, we didn't look after him. Seemed quite talented and physically he had everything. Just needed some time to develop game understanding. Looks like he has come good massively this season and set for a big move. You could tell he had a lot of ability. Rafa admitted after he sold him that he had very high technical levels etc.

The only thing i'd say about Mitrovic is that it was right to sell him while Rafa was here. Didn't fancy him and was ill suited to his style of play. Mitrovic essentially needs to be involved and needs to play in an attacking team. You do have to set up for him to get best of him. When you play like Rafa does, the striker is often isolated and his teams are very defensive. Torres was happy running channels etc. Rondon would happily occupy centre halfs etc. Mitrovic to me looks like he gets frustrated in that kind of scenario. Nothing wrong with that, its horses for courses.

For sure I could see Mitrovic doing better under Bruce who is slightly more attacking, and certainly having ASM and Almiron around him would be interesting to see. He needs pace around him. Still a largely defensive manager though. He does seem more flexible than Rafa and is trying to move towards a more attacking style.

I'm pleased for Mitro. Seemed a good lad who genuinely wanted to do well for the club but just never got the chance. Can clearly do it at PL level looking at Fulham and his season with us. I'd have him back but I am hoping we are moving onto bigger and better things.

Mbemba, Merino, Mitrovic. Right idea on all three, just bad timing in that we are a farce of a club. The 3 M's I'd say Rafa got wrong, for all a manager should always get players they want who suit their style.