1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mixed Emotions.

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by GreatWesternGas, Jan 12, 2020.

1. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

I think its 4

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Wow. A City fan who can count to 4! <yikes> They do exist ;)

3. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Dear Mr Garner, you may recall on the 18th January, I gave you some excellent advice (free of charge. I may add) on how to ensure this great team you have temporarily been given custody of, would avoid the risk of relegation. It wasn't overly complicated, and basically just involved you not rocking the boat too much for the time being, putting the emphasis on midfield and defence, drawing every game for the remainder of the season, and therefore making ourselves safe. You seemed to take this on board and on 25th Jan, duly drew 0-0 with Fleetwood. You followed this up with a 1-1 draw at Bolton on 28th Jan, and just when we were beginning to think you'd grasped the principal, we dropped points today by losing at home to Coventry. We were kind of hoping that your application and ability to follow a plan would last longer than 2 matches, so would like to remind you that due to your disappointing performance today, a victory will now be required at either Wycombe or Tranmere on the 8th and 11th Feb respectively, in order to put us back on track. It would be very much appreciated if you will bear this in mind when making preparations for the next two games, and I sincerely hope that you will not need to be spoken to again, regarding this matter. <doh>

Quilllogic likes this.
  4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Bare in mind we were facing a very good side in Coventry. Their fans on twitter have said following the game that the first 30 minutes performance from us was the best they have seen from any opposition team this season. We never let them settle and they were really worried. That is a very good positive sign for me. They then said as soon as they scored their first, they could see our heads had dropped and our game plan looked like it went out the window. Think we all seen that. We lacked concentration twice and got punished twice. Good sides will punish you. Listening to interviews after the game, it was said (I think by Ollie Clarke) that the way BG has got them playing, the match fitness isnt there yet for a lot of the players, especially those return from injury. He added he thinks it will be another few weeks before the squad will have the right match fitness to manage their performance for the whole game, not just 30 to 45 minutes. That's interesting to know and maybe something we all can take into consideration.

Up next is Wycombe, another tough game. stay strong gasheads, remember short term pain for long term gain.

5. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Even though we lost yesterday I thought there were some very encouraging signs and good performances, the young Derby loanee looked as if he should be unhappy when he was substituted and he was being applauded of because we were losing but he put in a really good performance. They did open us up a little bit easily for both goals but at least we fought and looked as if winning was a possibility. I found it very encouraging after some of the recent performances and I think it bodes well for the future

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I went to the game yesterday. My first away game for a few years. Last minute decision as a friend had a spare ticket. I am glad I went, although the result was not good. We were the better team. We created some very good chances. You could see massive improvements. I honestly feel we are not far away from giving someone one hell of a beating. The referee yesterday was one of the poorest I've seen. He was a major factor why we lost but if we took our chances, we would have won that regardless of how bad that ref was. Some of our defending was below standard but I guess they are use to being in a back 3 with wing backs so they are still finding their feet as a back 4. So although we lost, witnessing yesterday reassured my optimism for the future. And I was pleased the fans stuck with BG throughout the game too. Much better fans away than when we are at home with the doom and gloomers.