1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mls

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Newland Tiger, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Just been watching a few of the highlights on youtube , decent football , pretty exciting and the thing that struck me the most , some great fans and atmospheres
    I think Seattle and Portland fans put us to shame tbh

2. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

American fans are very passionate about sport

3. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

The 94 world cup was superb,apart from the fact we weren't there of course,ill always regret that. Graham Taylor:headbang:

4. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

Aye your right, i watch the MLS due to BT Sport coverage and its of a decent standard and some games do have surprisingly good atmospheres, Portland Timbers get a guy with a chainsaw out before the game and cut a ****load of wood...

5. Elmos_right_peg

Im sure i read somewhere he only cuts the wood when they score or something like that anyway

6. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

Yea only when they score and the goal scorer gets the section of wood that he cuts.

7. Quill

Quill Bastard

American fans are always enthusiastic no matter what sport. Fantastic passion.

They go mental at the smallest things during American Rugby for example.

8. Elmos_right_peg

Ah cool thought i had read it somewhere lol wonder what they do with the peice of wood they get if they score loads haha

9. ellewoods

I hadnt thought of that. I dont think they have a real high goal scorer there yet. Not like SJ who had a 27 goal scorer last season. Id guess they give away the piece of wood for a in stadium charity auction or something. Hockey teams do that for game scoring hockey pucks.

Tampa Bay has a ship that has cannons and every time they score a touch down the cannons go off. I think New England has a line of colonial militia that shoot of their muskets when they score a touch down as well. So the Portland thing seems strange but its not to uncommon to try to come up with some unique way to celebrate a team scoring.

Here is the Chainsaw man.

[video=youtube;thyuoKl585g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thyuoKl585g[/video]

The cannons.

[video=youtube;Uiz7qtZE11A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uiz7qtZE11A[/video]

And the muskets dudes.

[video=youtube;nSR3DU_OlkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSR3DU_OlkQ[/video]

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm not sure what's worse, goal music, or all that nonsense(I'll go for goal music, at least the nonsense has some originality).

11. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

Mental.

Maybe we could get a tiger to rip someone's throat out?

12. ellewoods

We could at least run around with it on the field like the University of Colorado do with their mascot which is a Bison.

[video=youtube;16ydnYwyyvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ydnYwyyvg[/video]

13. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

Mad.

I knew you had cheerleaders and half time pop star performances as standard...but not lumberjacks and bisons too.

Mind you, I used to watch WWF religiously when I was a nipper, and this is all quite tame compared to those hysterics.

14. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Hey maybe 'Hull Tigers' could do something like this,when our offence makes a completion :emoticon-0116-evilg

Or a touchdown thingy...

15. ellewoods

It would probably bring American fans in to the newly created "Tiger Nation" which if you have lived here you would realize every team uses that as a slogan.

16. ellewoods

17. ellewoods

. stupid triple post.

18. Hull Life

Hull Life Active Member

Hands down the top fans and atmospheres here are found in the MLS, College (American) Football and Basketball. The NFL, NBA, and MLB have become too corporate and has sucked the life out of their respective sports. Unfortunately college athletics here are heading down the same direction.

[video=youtube;0n-EPOF1-rc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n-EPOF1-rc[/video]

[video=youtube;leuMGxKQz-4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leuMGxKQz-4[/video]

[video=youtube;ZZBLEW5f_TA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZBLEW5f_TA[/video]

19. ellewoods

NHL games have some of the best atmospheres as well. Luckily corporate america has never gotten behind it which has kept a good feel to attending a game.

There might be a new MLS team staring down the road from me in Sacramento soon. By down the road I mean it would still be a 2 hour one way trip. Hell of a lot closer than SJ which is like a 3 and a half hour one way trip.

20. Elmos_right_peg

Any idea if chicago fire do any random things like set fire to the mascot then put him out? Haha