1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Monday 15th March 2021

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by stick, Mar 14, 2021.

1. stick

stick Bumper King

Monday's Meetings

Stratford
    N/H 7 Races 12:30-3:33p.m.
    Plumpton
    N/H 7 Races 1:45-4:25p.m.
    Taunton
    N/H 7 Races 2:10-5:10p.m.
    Wolverhampton
    A/W 9 Races 4:20-8:20p.m.
    Punchestown
    N/H 8 Races 1:55-5:30p.m

Racecards
    At The Races
    Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Place a bet in the Virtual Betting shop here

If attivo isn't a Mother then there is no excuse. This coming week you need to be on the ball fella haha.

Been waiting patiently all day to put one up for Monday and now the price has gone.

GREAT TEMPO 28/1 Taunton 4:10
    4lbs lower than last winning mark in the recent past and now back at the proper trip. Yard in excellent form and if the money comes looks set to run well at a big price.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2021
  2. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

You know I can't resist a front runner at Stratford and Accordingtogino should be able to dictate the 2:03. He is quite an in and out performer, but the better ground a probable easy lead and the bias of the course should see him at his best here. A double with Golden Tobouggan in the 3:03 who is against I'm Wiser Now, who has to have the old timeform squiggle!!

3. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

Moroder , horse i put up lto , see no reason to desert him today , very able apprentice on top , won well at fakenham , 2 37 plumpton 4/1

4. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

5. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I'd modified stick's thread to make it the daily thread at exactly the same time that attivo created a daily thread so I have just merged the 2 threads. Apologies for the confusion.

6. LordGyllene

LordGyllene Well-Known Member

Taunton 2.40 Silver Quay

CD winner 2 years ago. 16 lb below last winning mark. Ran to freely when returning from a nearly 1 year break 2 month ago according to jockey statement that day. Should improve for this comeback run. At 22/1 worth a small each way bet.

7. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Small Ew Lucky 31/Acca hoping to add to Cheltenham funds:

2:33 Stratford - Will Sting 5/1 (4 places)
    3:40 Taunton - Danny Whizzbang 9/4
    3:47 Plumpton - Runasimi River 13/2
    5:20 Wolves - Deevious Beau 8/1
    7:50 Wolves - Esticky End 5/1

I'm aware none of them are ew sort of prices but when doing multiples 99% of the time i go ew regardless.

Pilgrim likes this.
  8. NassauBoard

:rolleyes:No Altior

9. LordGyllene

LordGyllene Well-Known Member

Taunton 4.40 The Bola Bee

I like this horse and backed it last year when narrowly denied by Great Tempo at this track who was mentioned here at the forum. Last time out back over fences at Taunton wasn't a bad run (keeping on at the end). Down 1 lb and the Nigel Hawke stable amongst the winners recently (2 winners last thursday).

10. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Altior to miss Champion Chase
    Dual winner suffers late setback for second successive year.

Altior has been ruled out of the Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase at the 11th hour for a second successive year.

Nicky Henderson’s 11-year-old, who has won the race twice previously as well as the Arkle and the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle, coughed after exercise on Monday.

The veteran has made it to the track just twice since November 2019, when he met with his first defeat over obstacles at the hands of Cyrname.

Altior was forced to miss last year’s Queen Mother with a splint, which emerged the weekend before the race.

Henderson released the news via a statement on Twitter, which read: “We are very sorry that we have taken the decision not to run Altior in the Champion Chase on Wednesday.

“He coughed after exercise this morning, which caused us to scope him, and as a result of what we have seen it would not be sensible to run him.”

Elaborating on what had occurred at Seven Barrows on Monday morning, Henderson said: “It’s desperate news, you wouldn’t believe it could happen two years running.

“His work and everything last week was fantastic – he schooled like he always does. His work on Friday was as good as I’ve seen, and there’s no doubt the cheekpieces we’d put on him had done the trick – they’d really sharpened him up.

“It was just routine this morning. His work was all done, (so) two routine canters this morning and then he would have had a blow the day before. But he coughed coming in.

“We always scope them on a Monday morning anyway, so the vets were here. We thought we’d better scope him, and you could see it. It’s unreal – we’re absolutely devastated for the Pughs (owners).

“I can honestly say this horse was back, and I was looking forward to him as much as any horse. I was so confident that he was himself – and then this happens. You couldn’t run him – it wouldn’t be fair to anyone, because it would only end in tears.”

Henderson was given Altior’s results just after 10am.

He added: “From what we were seeing on the scope, you couldn’t have run him – but once the sample was taken to the lab, you could see in the results that he has an infection. We can see what’s wrong now.

“It’s unbelievable to hit it now. We’ve had a few things going on through the winter like this, but luckily the last three weeks have been really good. This is the one horse who hasn’t had anything wrong with him – and he goes and gets it now.

“On Friday we did the last bits of work – they’d schooled on Thursday, and I could not have been happier with the whole lot. He was 100 per cent last week, but he’s not now. The results show what the scope indicated. It was too significant to run, just off the scope, but the figures have confirmed it.

“It appears we are dealing with bacterial infection rather than a viral infection.

“It’s cruel on everybody. There certainly wasn’t anything wrong with him on Friday, so it’s a recent thing. For it to happen two years running is cruel for the owners.

“We might get him back for something this season yet.”

SaveTheHumans likes this.

11. poshfan

poshfan Well-Known Member

Dont know why they dont retire Alitor been a good servant

12. NassauBoard

Rumour is that he’d planned to retire Altior but at the last minute changed his mind.
    I need to stop being so sarcastic

13. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

A bit of a blow for Tritonic's form with Casa Loupi beaten at Stratford by Stepney Causeway. Not sure how much the outcome was influenced by Jamie Moore losing his irons - at least he didn't fall off though <ok>

SaveTheHumans likes this.
  14. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Really surprised that Chacun Pour Soi has not shortened even more than he has done as a result. Now into 10/11 but I had expected a fair bit less. My fave really should win this with ease, methinks.

15. NassauBoard

Still has to turn up yet!

Sir Barney Chuckles likes this.
  16. Sir Barney Chuckles

Can see a lot of trebles being placed on the 3 shorties on Wednesday - namely Chacun, Easyland and Monkfish.

17. Sir Barney Chuckles

Fair point, well made.