1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Money bags

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by UIR - Kagawa Powa, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Gazautd

Gazautd Active Member

<laugh> Nice 1!!

2. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

As each day passes it becomes more and more apparent that City are ****ting themselves over FFP.

3. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Currently you've only signed one player for your first team. There's no rush for City although it would be nice to think that at least one of the sugar daddy clubs is a bit worried about FFP.

4. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Signed one and been genuinely after 2 more in Hazard and Moura. We were unsuccessful while City went for Hazard until they decided it was too much money ( come on, city saying its too much? ) and pulled out. Since then nothing, even the RVP rumours didnt seem to have anything substantial behind them.

I may be wrong but I feel on this one I have got it spot on, City have woken up and realised FFP will ruin them unless they make big changes.

5. No Kane No Gain

City don't particularly need either of those players. If they struggle at the start of the season they'll show they're still able to throw the cash around, it's a case of simply not needing to vastly overpay as they have because they've already got a top squad.

6. UIR - Kagawa Powa

I think in defence they are weak, Kompany who is likely to get a few red cards and even a knock is the strongest point by a mile.

Also think they lack width and are very 1 dimensional in that respect so moura and hazard would of been ideal. Wingers but also creative so fit right in at City.

They need a striker, they effectively have just the one to rely on and that Aguero.

Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko and the rest are so unreliable you cannot call them top strikers.

Last year they had 2 injuries all season which clearly made a huge difference, when they had a few players out due to suspension of being an argie knobhead they collapsed so I dont buy the myth of them being very strong at all.

They need to buy, Mancini knows this but they first need to sell and they are struggling to do that.

7. No Kane No Gain

I was talking about Hazard and RVP, I haven't heard anything about serious interest in Lucas. Hazard doesn't seem to want to play on the wing so I can't see them using him as an out and out winger and they've already got Silva, Nasri and Johnson who can play the "not quite a winger" role. As for RVP, Aguero and Tevez worked together well and when you've got Balotelli and Dzeko to call upon you're certainly not desperate for another striker.

For me, City need a backup centre back(Savic looked awful last season) and that's it. The likes of Dzeko, Milner, Johnson and Barry could be improved upon if you're being fussy but unless they move them on there's no real need.

8. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Tevez cannot and will not be trusted at City, hes a bit part player who is always going to be a phone call away from being sold. Balotelli can be amazing one game and the worst player ever the next, hell it changes by the second.

Milner, Johnson, barry...... City are aiming for the CL this year I reckon and those players will hamper them due to their ****ness ( Johnson is ok tbh ).

They are miles off winning the CL imo, absolutely miles off.

Strong enough to compete and even win the title obviously.

9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

If they loose Yaya for any length of time they will look average, if they loose Kompany at the same time they will be in trouble. Johnson can only play for 20 mins as an i,pact player, he goes missing after that.

EDIT m

10. City couldn't keep on spending at the rate they have been over the last two seasons. They've got so many players on stupid wages who have absolutely zero chance of ever getting a game, that their wages bill is crippling. Even if the Arab owner wants to keep shelling out the cash to meet the wages bill (which I would be very surprised at), the fact remains that the Fair Play Rules will hit City hard if they do not trim down their bills before buying any more players.

It's all well and good Mancini throwing his toys out of his pram because the club wouldn't give him the money to buy RvP, but the madness had to end sometime.

In any event, I don't think City need any new players.

11. Chippy_Tea

Chippy_Tea Member

Spot on on both counts. <ok>

For those not in the know (and it would appear there are many) Mancini was told before the transfer window opened there would be no new money for players, if he wants to buy he must sell, there have been many rumours in the press about RVP, De Rossi, Rodwell and others coming and Tevez, Dzeko and others going but its just paper talk, if we don't sell and don't buy i will not be concerned.

12. You've got to look at the other teams in the EPL and ask yourself whether any of them have strengthened to such an extent as to be likely to overturn City? The answer to that question is, I believe, no. Chelsea has probably strengthened the most, but they have a lot of catching up to do on last season, and I simply cannot see them challenging for the title this season, and certainly not with RDM ("the players' mate-manager) in charge. United have done nothing, really; and whilst Arsenal have pulled in some players that look good on paper, all of them are untried in the EPL, and not one of them is going to be able to replace RvP. I wouldn't say that Arsenal have been weakened, but I don't think they have improved, either.

LFC, as much as it galls me to say it, are probably going to be a handful this season, with the arrival of Borrini, who looks like a decent purchase. Having said that, I think they look very creaky in both defence and midfield. Yes, they'll score goals, but I think they will also leak just as many.

On balance, I cannot see that City need to feel threatened by anyone, whether they get in any new players or not.

13. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Seriously underestimating Kagawa.

Hes exactly what we missed last season, that midfield to attack bridge.

So many saying we have not strengthened. I would argue we have strengthened more than anyone else.

Look at the squad that finished last season, add back in the injured players and kagawa and then tell me its no stronger <ok>

14. Chippy_Tea

Chippy_Tea Member

If ever a post come back to bite you on the arse this is it.

15. tevezrightboot

ufos if city play bad football, and the Italian way, how come City were the top scorers in the prem last season. Just look at some of there away results %-1 win at Spurs 2 6-1 wins away at the home of the previous champions and also at Norwich. how dose that equate with Italian football.

16. UIR - Kagawa Powa

What are you blabbing on about now?

Have you signed a striker or a defender?

Didnt think so, still weaker than you think <ok>

17. Chippy_Tea

Chippy_Tea Member

Really?

Defenders

Agger if he comes, Vincent Kompany (BEL) Gael Clichy (FRA) Joleon Lescott (ENG) Micah Richards (ENG) Kolo Toure (CIV) Pablo Zabaleta (ARG) Aleksandar Kolarov (SERB) Dedryck Boyata (BEL) Stefan Savic (MON)

I agree Savic looks a little dodgy.

I assume that's why he has bought Scott Sinclair.

Tevez and aguero are going to be ****ing awesome together this season, you say they are unreliable, Dzekos header and Balotellis on the drxk pass won us the PL we do not need another striker if the four we now have stay.

18. UIR - Kagawa Powa

You will do when Balotelli is sent of 3 times next season resulting in about 10 games suspended <ok>

Tevez takes his annual golfing holiday and starts his seasonal sulk because hes not playing. Probably due to being on holiday golfing <ok>

Dzeko, I take it hes just waiting for the right moment to show us all how much hes tricked us into thinking hes gash, the cheeky sod <ok>

Aguero, in terms of strikers he will carry your team this season, there will be no stupidity and when the going gets tough it will be him leading the line <ok>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Defenders..... Kompany >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rest>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Savic

---------------------------------------------------

Scott Sinclair, quite a pointless signing to be fair as hes not the player to take City away from being narrow. We will see though.

19. Chippy_Tea

Chippy_Tea Member

please log in to view this image

20. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

HIAG posting something positive about Liverpool... <yikes>

Being serious for a minute, I do disagree with your point about the defence. As everyone knows, we were pretty poor in the league last season (Especially in the second half of the season...) but our defence was the joint 3rd best in the league with just 40 goals conceded. If we can keep the back 5 of Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger & Enrique fit and at the club, I think we'll be quite good defensively. Add to that the likes of Kelly, Coates & Carra and we are alright for back-up.

Don't think we'll be as good as last season defensively but around that would be good enough.