1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Money Worries

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by WeWonTheBigCup, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

And how did you come to that conclusion?

2. anportmorbhoy

anportmorbhoy Well-Known Member

Did you read the article you refer to?

If so where does this happen? referring to the back seat of the bus means at the back of the line - not a direct comparason.

This is his opinion based on his experience. If you disagree with it fair enough. But it doesnt deflect from the fact he has uncovered facts about rangers

3. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

"If McKenna is happy to be Scottish in Scotland then I'm happy for him. It is basic human right to be able to self-define. However many others of Irish extraction find that their seat is still at the back of the bus in Scotland."

His article is called It's still not easy being Irish in Scotland, he's talking about human rights and the back of the bus. Do you know who he is refering to by saying that?

4. anportmorbhoy

the irish in scotland?!

its a throwaway comment to reflect that he feels they are treated not equally.

5. anportmorbhoy

Even if you disagree with this report, which is your opinion, doesnt mean you can determine that you will disagree with everything he writes. I dont agree with everything he writes. I dont agree with everything fellow celtic fans write. But i'll have the decency to read what they say, consider it and then dismiss it, or hell maybe even accept i could have been wrong on an issue - i'll not simply say its by so and so therefore its bollocks automatically. Those that do are well what? Ignorant of anothers opinion? dismissive of that opinion....maybe even big.....you know the rest

The fact is some of the facts he has uncovered and reported about Rangers have been correct. As said before his conclusions based on those facts may be wide of the mark - but his information seems spot on. Therefore you'd do well to read those fact and make your own mind up before simply dismissing it

6. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

He is refering to laws in deep south America that made black people get up off their seat on the bus for white people and move to the back.

He is therefore comparing the treatment of Scottish people of Irish descent to pre-civil rights movement black people.

7. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Listen, you can read what you want, from whoever on here but don't for a second think that I am going to pay any great attention to some anti-British, anti-Rangers, ashamed to be Scottish bull ****ter, who puts more time and effort into hating Rangers than supporting Celtic.

8. anportmorbhoy

everythings black and white in your world isnt it?

Its a comment to reflect he feels that they are on a lesser footing than others. If he is correct or not i cant say as well i dont live in glasgow

9. anportmorbhoy

and you dont have to if you dont want to. i just think it might be good for you. As said you dont have to agree with it, merely read it first

10. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

He's not just talking about Glasgow, he is talking about Scotland. Are you of Irish descent?

11. anportmorbhoy

Im irish

12. So, regardless of what anyone says, if they don't tubthump behind a Union Jack and support Rangers, you're not going to listen to them?

You've proven before that you listen to bullshit from people who are pro-British and support Rangers.

Basically, you're saying that you don't believe him because you disagree with him.

13. anportmorbhoy

Not only that but he's saying not only doesnt he believe him but he wont even listen to him to see what he has to say first. theres a name for that type of attitude, cant quite recall it though?

14. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Tell me, would read the blog of an anti-Irish, proud to be a Unionist, Rangers fan who would rather dig up dirt about Celtic than follow Rangers?

Basically I'm saying that he can post whatever garbage he wants, but I will not be reading it.

15. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

I guess Kevin McKenna, a catholic Scot from Irish descent, lifelong Celtic fan and former editor of Celtic News is also a bigot for thinking McGillivan is full of ****?

16. anportmorbhoy

Yeah an anti irish, proud to be unionist, rangers fan who would rather dig up dirt about Celtic than follow rangers can be right too. Id maybe not enjoy reading it, id maybe disagree with it - but id be interested in what facts they present.

I woudlnt come on a website dismissing it out of hand without actually looking at it and making my own mind up

Surprises me not about you though. You have your own prejudices that are ingrained so deep you close your ears to what they have to say. even if they might be correct.

17. anportmorbhoy

Nope. he is entitled to his opinion also. as is everyone.

18. I wouldn't necessarily read his blog - but I'm not saying he's wrong about everything before he's even started.

19. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

So how come you don't label him a bigot when he shares the same opinion as myself.

That's exactly my point.

20. anportmorbhoy

because your reasons for thinking he is talking ****e are formed because of who he is - not what he says - see above

McKenna will have made the decision that he was wrong on that occasion because of what he said - not his background

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.