1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Montgomery?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Malvin P Lawnmowerparts, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Malvin P Lawnmowerparts

Morning All <ok>

I have the misfortune of living and working in Bluntland, and 2 seperate blunt fans have advised me we'll be signing Montgomery from them today for £500k!!

I do hope their pints of Stones' have been severely spiked and they're well wide of the mark.

2. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Would he get into our midfield? 500k is a lot (for us!) to spend on a squad player, or is he good enough to nail down a first team place??

3. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Would have thought Michael Brown would make him redundant, though I guess Montgomery would be OK for back-up (let's remember here that at 34, Brown might not be capable of playing the whole season, that we will need decent squad-rotation as shown by the Tuesday night debacle last season and that we're really thin in midfield if we get even a single injury or suspension). So I guess it would have my approval. Probably just bullshit from a Blunts forum that your mates have read and taken for gospel though; it shocks me how many people believe everything they read on the internet.

4. Malvin P Lawnmowerparts

The blunt fans are hoping they get shut of him for any type of fee, so hopefully it is BS.

5. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

He wouldnt come last year now hes in **** he wants us! **** him

6. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

If we're going to spend money spend it on Clingan <ok>. Other than that Montgomery would be fine as back-up.

7. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

**** HIM he chose Sheffied Untidy because they had more promise hahaha

same as that bogdanovic the ****ers can rot in league one

8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hope it isn't true, can't believe we would waste that much on such a ****e player

9. Darren Buxton

Darren Buxton Member

Would you like to see him join Leeds?? - being linked with a move AGAIN!!
    http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2011/08/montgomery-the-finishing-touch-to-graysons-squad/

I'm not sure........last summer he was available on a free and said if Leeds wanted him he would walk to Leeds - but decided not to join (perhaps because of the wage structure)??

Would be good to have another central midfielder for the 4-2-3-1 system but I would like to see Clayton given a chance, but we do need a backup.

10. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

He's a decent player, and we need another to challenge Clayton and Brown in the centre. I doubt Sheffield will hold out for £500k, no-one's going to pay that. £200k would be more realistic, maybe even less.

11. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

**** him....he stayed with the blunts for more money last season when he had the chance to come to us....

so called Leeds fan...rubbish..let him enjoy league 1....he is crap anyway..

neve rget in our first 11

not quality at all ....

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I am more against the fee than the player, hell we have signed enough garbage on freebie status before and you can cope with it because they were free but 1/2 million come on... Would be typical if we did splash the cash on a player not many of us have a good word to say about and would also make a mockery of losing out in wages to some of the loan dealings.