1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Month of April

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Idi Amin, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

With 8 of our last 9 fixtures crammed into April, it is make or break time for the Targers.

Hull City v Bristol
    Derby V Hull City
    Huddersfield v Hull City
    Hull City v Wolves
    Reading V Hull City
    Hull City V Leeds
    Hull City V Brentford
    Bolton V Hull City

What does everyone predict & think will need to get into the Auto spots? I personally believe top spot is gone, with Burnley being capable of seeing themselves over the line now.

2. Large Elephant

Large Elephant Well-Known Member

A Miracle?

Idi Amin likes this.
  3. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

More positivity on the pitch with 2 starting up front at home. A bit of luck. plenty of twists and turns. Burnley top spot. 2nd up for grabs. see us in play offs

4. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Hull City v Bristol - 2-0 W
    Derby V Hull City - 1-0 L
    Huddersfield v Hull City 1-2 W
    Hull City v Wolves 1-1 D
    Reading V Hull City 1-1 D
    Hull City V Leeds 2-1 W
    Hull City V Brentford 3-1 W
    Bolton V Hull City 1-2 W

17 points from 24. Can't see it being enough, for us to realistically have a chance we would need to win 7 of those 8 AND hope that Boro and Brighton stack it (hint, they won't). We've ****ed it, basically, theres too much going against us so our best bet is to hope we don't get Derby in the playoffs and hope we build some momentum.

5. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

I think we need to win every one of those home games or we can forget about automatic..

probably need to win at least 2 of the away ones too.

6. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

When everything is said and done we should have enough to win every one of those games if taken in isolation of their cumulative importance. So let's just take them one at a time and hope that the players find something they lost, that our defence is at its very best and that the manager gets some luck. Other contenders can hurt each other, we must take it one game at a time and make sure we simply look after ourselves. UTT

7. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Don't Burnley play Brighton this Saturday?

8. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

The last time we were chasing a realistic automatic promotion chance with 9 games to be played in April was back in the Carter era. Then we finished Champions in 48/49.

Fez and Real ale tiger like this.
  9. tigerincanada

tigerincanada Well-Known Member

Yeah, well I'd like to see a repitition of that but based on what Bruce has served up since early 2014, I suspect we'll not be champions and I fear for our chances of promotion. Please, please prove me wrong!

10. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

The last time we were chasing a realistic automatic promotion chance with 8 games to be played in April was back in the Waggy/Chiltern era of goals galore. Finished Champions in 65/66.

11. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

Those predicting wins in games must also be predicting that we can score two goals in a match.im afraid that looks very unlikely.i think city will (unluckily fade away in the first play off games)we play ok but not enough goals in us, we've been like it for years now

12. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

A win tomorrow is vital if we are still to have any chance of the autos. Personally feel that Burnley will finish top, with most likely Boro finishing second, but genuinely feel that we still are in a with a good shout for second ourselves.

7 points from the next 3 games and auto's are on, anything less then it's the play offs for City. Hope Abel and Mo have found their shooting boots, Akpom will need to chip in, and anything from Diomande and Aluko would be a bonus.

13. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Burnley will fade away said City Man. They haven't got the legs for it he said. Mug.

14. tigerincanada

tigerincanada Well-Known Member

Those were exciting times. We scored 109 goals and finished four points ahead of Millwall. My family had moved to a village near Darlington and I used to hitch hike back to Hull for games during school holidays.

I was on the Saskatchewan Soccer Association coaching staff for ten years and in that time, I met Derek Posse who played for Millwall when they won promotion, he was with the British Columbia association.

15. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Was the after game celebrations sobriety test saying 'Saskatchewan Soccer Association' three times, fast?

tigerincanada likes this.