1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

More bad injury news

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR Oslo, Sep 16, 2017.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

QPR captain Onuoha out for three months
    By West London Sport 16/09/2017

QPR captain Nedum Onuoha requires surgery and faces three months on the sidelines with a torn hamstring.

Onuoha joined Rangers’ list of injured defenders ahead of the defeat at Middlesbrough, where Luke Freeman and Kazenga LuaLua also picked up injuries.

Onuoha suffered the injury during the midweek draw at home to Millwall.

He was substituted at half-time against the Lions and although the news he is unlikely to return before December is a blow for Rangers, it was initially feared he could be out for significantly longer, such is the damage to his hamstring.

It leaves the R’s with serious problems in defence because James Perch is out with a long-term knee injury and Grant Hall and Steven Caulker are also unavailable.

Joel Lynch is, however, seemingly close to a return following a hamstring problem.

Rangers’ injury woes are not confined to their defence.

Midfielder Josh Scowen and striker Conor Washington missed the Middlesbrough game after picking up knocks against Millwall. It is hoped they will be available for next Saturday’s home game against Burton.

Meanwhile, Rangers are now assessing Freeman and LuaLua.

Freeman was struggling towards the end of the 3-2 defeat at Boro and LuaLua had to be replaced at half-time.

2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

How stupid was it not to make the deal work with Hill?
    All those Ned knockers will now see just how much his pace gets us out of trouble a lot of the time.

mapleranger and kiwiqpr like this.
  3. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Scowen also injured...
    We have a big squad but lost 8 -10 players to bad injuries...

We are now down to the kids....going to be a long season, but a season that may actually form us.

QPRski likes this.
  4. QPR Oslo

I think we'd miss Freeman a lot too. He made the first goal today, and was a handfull for them 1st half.

5. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Worth chucking some of the U23s into the mix.

6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Who knows what his wage/contract length demands were? We offered something and couldn't agree terms. There are other free agents out there if that's the route we have to go down, though I'd rather throw in a young player. The boy Chris Paul is meant to be very promising.

kiwiqpr, StortfordQPR and Stroller like this.
  7. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Comley and Eze are out on loan too. No idea if they can be recalled but if Freeman is out, Eze is that sort of player I believe.

8. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this

Time to try out a few of our youngsters; top guy though Clint is, it would have been a backwards step bringing him back in

The summer transfer window laid out our new policy - lower division players, frees and some youngsters

And, I believe that this is the way forwards - no more overpaid players at the end of their careers, but players keen to prove themselves. Certainly the new policy doesn't guarantee success, but it is more sustainable and probably has the support of the majority of the fans

bc7, sb_73 and Stroller like this.
  9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Clint is 39 next month ffs, why would you offer him a contract? We probably offered him a pay per game deal or something and he didn't fancy it because he didn't figure he'd be playing that often, if at all. Fair enough, he might get a season at a lower league club, or back in Scotland.

10. rangercol

Because he's better than Lynch on one leg and at 39!

awjm and Sooperhoop like this.

11. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

he would also organise the defence and lead by example. However, it is time to give the youngsters a chance to see if they can cut the mustard

Lawrence Jacoby likes this.
  12. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

Everything was going well with Hill until they asked him to run.

Great servant for the club who I choose to remember with good memories. I thought he looked very poor at Rangers in Scotland

I would love to have him at QPR but backroom only

sb_73 likes this.
  13. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

I do not agree with this plus I like Lynch very much
    Time to stop us picking on any player from our club imo
    We are together at last imo and it's our job to support our playing staff

14. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

State the obvious shall we? Not much choice have we? Surely deal with the injury woes we must. :emoticon-0136-giggl

This whole knee jerk reaction to our problems is healthy, lets all express how upset we are and all, but the situation is what it is, not much we could do.
    Lets hope the youngsters can step up, if that's what we're going to be doing, but to say that is the way forwards - well, we say that now, until we are fighting for relegation or even get dropped and then we'd be saying we should have brought in solid, experienced defenders. But lets hope that doesn't happen!

15. QPR Oslo

The U23 team lost their 100% record at Sheffield Weds today, going down 4-1. Kakay and Paul played but no mention of how well they did on the Official.

16. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I disagree r.e. Hill but completely agree with the sentiment. No player on the pitch can be blamed for being chosen to play. Each player wants to play and do well. They're all Rangers. I'm not saying you have to sit there and love every individual performance but we do not need to boo or slag off any of our players in the same way we booed someone like Bosingwa (or anywhere near it).

WalsallHoop and Uber_Hoop like this.
  17. rangercol

Are we not allowed to say that we prefer one Rangers player over another?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Uber_Hoop likes this.
  18. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Of course. But, for example, I sit next to a guy who slags Conor Washington off almost all game (and looks uncomfortable when he scores). I told him the other day, "what's to hate? He tries hard, plays for QPR and cannot help being chosen in a squad with limited choices for attack."

Since about 2011 things have been getting more and more negative with regards to attitudes toward players. Karl Henry is another good example... I'm not saying he was anything near signing of the century but he tried his best, wore the shirt, stuck up for us when we were being bullied on the pitch and even had a lot of top quality performances (one's that sadly didn't stand out to many people because the work he did in his role sometimes went unnoticed).

I just think we need to support players who wear the hoops on the day, aside from absolutely clear piss takers like Bosingwa, etc. They don't pick the team themselves.

19. rangercol

Completely agree with all of that mate.

awjm likes this.
  20. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Just saying if we signed Clint...and we played him instead of Furlong or Robinson say..most of this board would be spitting fur " give youth a chance"

The youth players would be disheartened..."why are we waiting at the fringes for a chance if directly we get near the club bring in an old, stalwart that admitted 5 years ago he couldn't run"

The injury crisis is deep and worrying...and we are down to or beyond the bare bones...let's see what happens...and just really support the players we get on the pitch.
    And hope that sir les can find a youngish freebie that is hungry enough to come and take a chance of getting a springboard...but in the mix with our youngsters

Ninj and Uber_Hoop like this.