1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mourinho Watch

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by District Line, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Looks like Mourinho to Chelsea is gathering pace.

Porto's Youth Coach has said Mourinho to Chelsea is happening, this backs up Goncalo Lopes who was adamant months ago that Mourinho was the man. Lopes is one of the only journalists close to Jose and foreign journalists generally speaking report the news, unlike the lying rats who would sell their mothers ashes for a bit of dough.

Chris Cohen from Chelsea TV as some of us may know has also said Mourinho is in talks with Abramovich and today Jose has been spotted in Harrods.

Fingers crossed and as some of you may know or have guessed from my Avatar I've suspected for some while Jose will be our next permanent boss. It's out of us and PSG really.

Will sticky this for updates

2. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

DL--I think the Special One is the best we've ever had! I'd love to see him back, but wonder if he'd manage to crack it 2nd time around, particularly when he wont be able to splash the cash like he once could!

3. District Line

Forum Moderator

I'm kind of split. We all yearn for Jose and that's what keeps us ticking, what would happen if we actually had him as manager? It would never be the same as the first spell but even if for 2-3 years it could steady the ship. We never have been about long-termism so it would suit both parties.

Just wanted to get some decent discussion in amongst Chelsea fans before HIAG and King Shergar come in with their patronising comments.

4. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

sounds good.

i anticipate the plancs coming on here and bombarding us with bullshit about him not returning.

5. District Line

Forum Moderator

Decent debate is fine but any deliberate attempt to derail the thread (and others) will be dealt with harshly, for those that have previous anyway....

6. luckywerthers

luckywerthers Active Member

i do not think that jose would need to splash much cash at all, when you look at the players we have, another striker for sure and another couple of decent signings should do us well. I think the big question is will jose be allowed to chose who he wants and off load who he does not want.

7. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

bring in: CB, possibly LB, winger and a Torres replacement. Use Blackman, Chalobah, McEachran, De Bruyne, Essien and Lukaku too.

out: Hilario, Ferreira, Bertrand if a new LB like Luke Shaw was purchased, Marin, Benayoun and Torres.

oh and I do wish Ivanovic would be played at right back where he belongs, imo our worst CB and makes a horrible pairing with any of our current ones. Use him as a rotation option with Azpi.

8. BelugaWhale

BelugaWhale Member

I'm not sure 'bout Jose, just not sure. We've got soooo much talent bubbling away at youth level and José is not ideal for bringing them through. If we get him, I hope he proves me wrong.

9. District Line

Forum Moderator

All I want is a CB and another CF. I trust Lukaku enough to break into the first team as I do Chalobah. I'd rather fill the spots with talented youth than blow out £50m on Hulk and Falcao. A marquee signing is inevitable but I just hope it isn't a striker.

Lewandowski and Lovren would do me. Get De Bruyne back too

10. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

agreed however I really do believe we need a winger as I believe it's our weakest area of attack. We look so good with Moses AND Hazard on the pitch, both of whom are brilliant wingers. Oscar is constantly played out of position and whenever he or Rami are on the right it leaves us with a total lack of ballance.

Lewendowski would be my ideal signing but looks like he could be going to Bayern, although I really hope they turn their focus to Suarez who I believe is an ideal fit for Pep. As for Lovren, haven't seen him tbf. I'd like our marquee to be Hummels, massive fan of his. Tbh I think Ake could turn into an amazing CB if we nurture him correctly.

11. District Line

Forum Moderator

Yea I agree re: Hummels, just can't see Dortmund selling him.

Bayern and PSG are ruining football signing all our targets and players that would improve us, just hope Lewandowski doesn't go there because they are as good as admitting the Bundesliga is a one horse race.

12. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

If Jose is in the picture, I would be fairly confident that he will negotiate such a massive dismissal clause in his contract, that even our madman would baulk at it.
    I would also expect the buying and selling to be closed to Abramovich and his cronies, and left to the manager. I just don't believe Jose would come unless these things are cast in stone. He, better than anyone, knows what a balls up them upstairs make of player choices. Jose would do well to get Claudio Ranieri involved in player recommendations, he's one of the best.
    So if we do get him, I expect 3 years of stability and proper development of the Team, which will certainly be novel for us !!!

13. luckywerthers

luckywerthers Active Member

Jose Mourinho has hinted he wants to return to manage Chelsea next season. The Real Madrid boss is quoted as saying: "It's not easy to find a new destination. It could be a destination where I've coached before. There are things that may be about to happen no-one could imagine."

Mourinho's former Porto youth coach Rui Sa Lemos added fuel to the fire by posting a picture of Stamford Bridge next to the message "Mourinho's home next year" on Twitter. He also posted: "I'm not guessing, I'm giving news," before the account was shut down.

14. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

I read the full "quote" lucky and it appeared to me he was referencing the country not a particular club.

15. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

I wonder if Mourinho will get more control over transfers and team matters if he returns. Abramovich doesn't really seem like the sharing type but he might have to give up some of his power to get Jose back, especially if City sacked Mancini and went for him.

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Update on situation seems to be Jose and Abramovich in serious talks.
    Jose has insisted on control over who gets bought and sold, and also wants Emanelo and Gourley to hit the road. Go Jose, put Buck on the taxi rank as well.
    Being Jose, he has apparently set up a similar deal with PSG in case Abramovich won't toe the line.
    So IF he comes, we should finally get 3 years heading in one direction with no U turns or sidetracks.

17. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

CP--Please God you are right! Happy Easter!

18. Chelsea Pensioner

Happy Easter to you too BM2, off to an Easter Egg hunt Sunday with grand kids, hope they leave one for me to find !!
    We are having the most perfect Autumn imaginable, nights 11C days 22C and sunny. Hope the snow and sludge goes and your weather is like ours.

19. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

Im a Hull City fan in peace....

I hope you get Jose back... compared to that ****er SAF,with his childish mindgames... he is a breath of fresh air. <ok>

20. BBFs Unpopular View

BBFs Unpopular View Well-Known Member

this thread has dried up a little, no new news?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.