1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Name change discussion

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by RicardoHCAFC, Jan 2, 2014.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

As it's written by someone called Ian and the only writer who's name isn't listed is El Presidente, I'd assume he's Ian. <doh>

2. HebridesTiger

HebridesTiger Active Member

Slightly confused as to why you think it would be a fudge.If,as expected,the application is rejected then that's it for the coming season.At the moment Assem Allam is free to apply again for the season after next anyway,and all this bs would carry on.I would think that firming up the rules/protocols giving protection to key elements of a clubs identity is a good thing for supporters.Whether they take this opportunity or not I don't know but a fudge,to me at least,would be if they rejected it but then did nothing to stop a circus like this happening again.

3. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

HT

The FA will want to prevent any legal challenge, they will in my opinion say no for now but when we get our house in order............

Fudge.

But we will soon see.

4. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Sky Sports News &#8207;@SkySportsNews
    Assem Allam's proposal to change the club's name to Hull Tigers faces an FA Council decision this afternoon - we'll be live to Wembley #SSN

5. MusingTiger

MusingTiger Member

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw[/video]

Here's to a great campaign. In some ways, thank you to West Yorkshire Police for getting people riled up last season, we can only wonder how effective CTWD would have been without that sparring match.

Wonder if Allam will turn up to the press conference at the KC and take a piss in the FA Cup to signify his displeasure :grin:

6. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Any idea when it'll be announced? 2? 3?

7. HebridesTiger

HebridesTiger Active Member

OM
    I understand that they will want to minimize any chance of legal repercussions,while not alienating future investment,but if the result of all this helps form the basis of a proper consultation process for key changes to a club then it's still not a bad thing in my view.
    You may be concerned that all that will come of this is a process for rubber-stamping crackpot ideas and you could be right,but there is next to no protocol at present and still it looks like being rejected.Also there are now plenty of legal precedents on what is considered full and proper public consultation so it should not be as easy to railroad through unpopular decisions as it used to be.
    Strangely,for me,I live in hope that some good may come of all this but as you say"we will soon see".

8. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

We expected we'd have heard by now, the official announcement will allegedly be at 4.00 pm, but we hope to hear the result earlier.

9. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

4pm ffs. I'm at work with no internet, and no signal on my mobile.

10. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

Supporters Direct on the FA's unfinished business:

Hull City AFC: Supporters Direct Statement

A spokesman for Supporters Direct (SD) today welcomed the news that The FA Council has today rejected Hull City’s application to change their playing name to Hull Tigers, saying:
    “We are pleased at the decision of the Council. We welcome their recognition that Hull’s name is intimately connected with the identity of the Club.
    “However this is not the end of the process. As we have said all along, we share the same view as most of those in the game that these sorts of cases must be decided with a new approach, one based on the views of those people who sustain and nurture these clubs over years.
    “We have been consistent in saying that The FA must create a democratic, transparent process for consultation in matters such as these, and one that ensures that supporters have the final say on such matters through a binding vote.
    “We are currently consulting informally with a wide range of organisations – including experts concerned with upholding standards of democracy and openness in public life – about how The FA could incorporate such a process into their rules.
    “We believe that football has a lot to learn by looking outside of itself for answers. Indeed part of the reason that the running of the game is under such scrutiny is because of English football’s failure to be more outward looking.
    “These rules must be part of a reformed structure to govern the game, allowing Leagues to be more concerned with organising their competitions, spending less time struggling with the difficulties of self-regulation: it’s failed in banking, it’s failed in politics, and it’s long-since failed in football.”

http://www.supporters-direct.org/press-release/hull-city-supporters-direct-statement-2?

11. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

12. The Omega Man

13. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

He used to be the Hull City Secretary. He was jettisoned a couple of years ago, so I assume he is no longer on the FA Council.

14. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

We need to sit back and see what transpires. No more to be said, for now.

15. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Hull City for the Cup!

(Not Hull Tigers)

16. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Speaking to an old friend last night, he told me that the company he's with is in regular contact with Assem Allam and as such he often meets with him.

He told me, "all he does is moan about the supporters" <laugh>

17. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

"Controversial owner Assem Allam need not worry about renaming Hull to make them into a Fashionable global brand any more. Their tilt at the gunners will buy him more world-wide exposure than any stupid marketing stunt" - Mike Walters - Daily Mirror.

18. The Omega Man

One hundred percent agree with this. Hull City AFC (The Tigers) is 90 minutes of football away from Europe. It is going to be seen by a global audience and now is the time for Assam and Ehab to put the name change to the back of their minds.

If at some point in the future they feel the need to come back to the subject, there is nothing to stop them, but by then the FA may have its house in order and the tradition of clubs names, colours, etc could be protected.

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Amen to that.

20. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member