1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

National League clubs vote to end 2019-20 season with remaining matches cancelled

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Ron, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I also see league two decided that they want to complete the season. I just can't see it happening with all that is still going on. The logistics alone on player contracts is enough to kill the idea. Some of these clubs will have less than no money by the time they can play again and paying players they didn't want to keep after the contract has ended is a non starter. No revenue for months and no revenue whilst they conclude the fixtures left. Where will it leave them when the next season starts if they are already in debt from this one. The same is surely going to apply to league one and championship.

3. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I see from some reports league two want the season to end now because they rely totally on gate money which as you say ain't going to happen, I can not see the next season starting before September instead of August. I also saw a report from the Fleetwood owner who said it is absolute madness to travel to places like Gillingham & Pompey on a Tuesday night. There are lots going on it will be interesting to see how it all ends up.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Remember Div 3 South and North. I don't know why all Leagues below Premier are not Regionalised. They could have fewer teams in each League, regional tournaments leading to finalists going forward to National finals

Having said that I expect the travel budget is a small part of the overall budget and therefore may not make a significant difference financially

5. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

It probably does'nt but when you think we played Fleetwood away on Tuesday night it was in August getting back at 4 or 5 in the morning can not be a lot of fun. I seem to remember making the same comment when this seasons fixtures came out