1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by Bostonbob, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good to see you're still standing Joe.

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Oficial Site link added to the thread header. I didn't know what the NBA Playoffs were so I've added the link for anyone as ignorant as I.

3. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

Cheers Ron.

The Knicks played poorly in the first game of the second series when they lost at home agains a young and talented Pacers side.

The Pacers are great defensively. Possibly the best in the league. They defend the 3 well which is the Knicks main weapon. This is going to be a hell of a series if the Knicks wake up from their slumber. I think the tough win against the Celtics took its toll on them on Sunday night and we'll see a decent performance next.

They're available at 6/5 to win the series and I'm trying to decide if it's a decent price or not. I think I'm most likely to avoid that because winning game one in the playoffs is often key to winning the whole series.

The most likely bet now is the over at 181.5.

4. Bostonbob

Knicks tonight at 7/4

5. Bostonbob

The first team makes it to the Conference Finals. The Memphis Grizzlies have been dominant so far and deserve eir spot. The Thunder suffered through injury and cost them a repeat shot at taking on the Heat in thevfinals.

The Knicks, meanwhile, have a must win game tonight. The under is the best bet.

6. Bostonbob

The under comes in fairly easily again. Pacers defense and their crap shooting coupled with substandard Knicks offence and their excellent defense led to only 160 points in the game and a comfortable Knicks win.

7. Bostonbob

Under again tonight.

Knicks to win at 7/4 as well

8. Bostonbob

The Knicks folded quite tamely and got knocked out by the Pacers who were themselves knocked out by the Heat in the Conference finals.

The Heat play the Spurs in the Finals and after game one the Spurs lead the series. The Heat have looked poor all playoffs. Completely reliant on Lebron James. Bosh has been injured so off his game. The same can be said of Dwayne Wade's ankle.

I've not backed the series winner in this but I have backed the Spurs last night at 19/10 to win the game and I'll most likely continue to support them.

9. Bostonbob

Spurs are 5/2 tonight. That's too big. Same bet as game one. One point. Playing with bookies money.

10. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

The Miami Heat win the Play-offs and Championships, and its back2back Championships as well...<applause>

Got to watch a bit of it as its on so late, and i really enjoyed it... Might look out next season Bob if your going to put a few bets up...<cheers>