1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Neil gone

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, Mar 21, 2021.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Club Statement: Alex Neil

Preston North End Football Club can confirm that it has today parted with the services of its Manager, Alex Neil.

Alex joined the club in the summer of 2017 and he leaves us with our thanks and very best wishes for the future.

It is the intention that Frankie McAvoy will take up the position of interim Head Coach and work with Steve Thompson, Mike Pollitt and Paul Gallagher in taking the team for the remaining eight games of the season.

Inevitable really the form over the last 15 months has to say been patchy at least wasn't helped by the cpntract issues with the bigger players however when you say you have not got a Scooby what your best side is does kind of sealyour fate.

Sad but it is a result game and over the previous months we have not been getting them

2. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

I agree Mac. That wa s a signing off statement by Mr Neil. It looked to me that he was asking to be released. There is an international break now for the temporary coaches to give fresh ideas to the squad. Fortunately, there are clubs in a worse position than NE. NE need 6 points from 8 games to survive. Who do you favour for this poisoned chalice? Appleton? The LancsLive have a piece on possible victims!

3. themaclad

Appleton, Robinson, Evatt and the lad from Blackpool Critchley

No to Ainsworth or Alexander

4. barnetpne

Look like Ainsworth is the bookies No1, but Nicky Butt is creeping up. The important thing is to get 50 points i.e. 6 more in 8 games.

5. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Thoughts on Joey Farton ?
    Wouldn't want him anywhere near my club like.

6. themaclad

Barton won't get the job do not know how on earth he is favourite? Last time we were without a manager Lennon became 1/5 on favourite. Old saying Fools and money easily parted.
    They even had Westley on the list for manager this time, Hernan Crespo they are guessing(The bookies that is)

Nig likes this.
  7. barnetpne

According to LancsLive, the is a multitude of wannabes. I suppose McAvoy has firrst refusal.