1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Neil Kilkeny

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Natchrawldry, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

For what it's worth from Sky Sports -

http://aggbot.com/link.php?id=13993803&r=tw&c=165

Skysports.com understands Neil Kilkenny is in talks with Bristol City over a possible move to Ashton Gate.

Kilkenny is available on a free transfer after seeing out his contract at Leeds earlier this summer.

The Australia international rejected the offer of a new deal at Elland Road and a number of clubs have been chasing his signature.

Hull City and Nottingham Forest have expressed an interest in Kilkenny, but it appears Bristol City have beaten their Championship rivals to land the 25-year-old.

Kilkenny's signature would be a massive coup for Robins boss Keith Millen as he looks to build a side capable of winning promotion

2. Natchrawldry

Okay, how do you edit thread titles? <yikes>

3. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

First off, not sure how you do it tbh, I haven't created a thread yet so wouldn't know <laugh>

Anyway if he joins us it would be great especially on a free transfer

4. Natchrawldry

5. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

please be true hopefully he can be good for like the club like a fellow aussie was

6. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Some arrogant Leeds fans on there too!

This division is full of tossers who think they are premiership in waiting, and the biggest tossers have only just been promoted from league 1.

From what they are saying though he sounds like another Lee Johnson to be honest.

7. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

just looked on that post on their board - blimey some of them are arrogant 'I didnt think you had ambition' etc. I had to set them straight.....

The player sounds just like Lee Johnson to be honest, and some of the more sensible comments from Leeds seem to highlight the strengths and weaknesses and they match almost exactly with our little friend.

Now every ex-BBC poster will know my thoughts on Lee, but for the benefit of those who don't: Lee is an average ability CC player. His vision and passing is good but his tackling, stature and strength lets him down. He plays his best football alongside Marv, who wins the ball for Lee to distribute, but when the going gets tough he gets blown away.
    I personally like him, and think that there is a place for his skills in the side, but there are a vociferous number of people who think he is an utter waste of space and slag him off all the time. I think most of this criticism was born from when his dad was in charge of the team rather than poor performances on the pitch, as other players' mistakes were conveniently overlooked, but you won't ever get any of the critics to admit that.

If we signed another Lee Johnson, it would be interesting to see how he was received. I don't think we need one tbh, but hey-ho....

8. bcfcredandwhite

Sorry Banksy - just read your reply and you got there first - spot-on ;)

9. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

For a start he's not the managers son - so does not have to deal with all that garbage.
    Some of the other sources (like the Mail) seem to be indicating that he's having a medical today?

10. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I can honestly tell you, I never formed my opinion of LJ's ability or lack of, with who his Father was in mind, at any time!

11. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'I can honestly tell you, I never formed my opinion of LJ's ability or lack of, with who his Father was in mind, at any time!'

Ditto Ditto Ditto.

Just p*ssed me off he got selected BECAUSE of his father. Millen hasn't selected LJ ONCE from a fit squad and yet father had LJ first on the sheet every week.

Millen's desperate to get LJ of his budget, he's got no chance. Northampton aint going to pay £6k a week.

'think that there is a place for his skills in the side' - R&W - What are you like.

LJ is in his 'prime' - His next contract will prove once and for all how managers, other than Dad, rate LJ.

12. bcfcredandwhite

so you wont be at all happy with the latest signing then Redprint?

13. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Without re-igniting the whole LJ debate again, the point is Redprint that (while I respect the fact that you don't rate him) you think he was selected because of his father - that's what I kind of mean.
    Surely he is not the only player that has been picked to play for City that you wonder what the manager sees in him??
    Personally I thought he was a good League 1 player and a steady Championship player.

14. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

lol - leeds fans arrogant - You wanted an opinion and you were given one! Did you want us to lie for you. Look at it this way Killer was a holding midfielder in front of the defence, we conceded 70 in the league. This so called leeds united finished 7th in the league and beat you both home and away (hence the reason why we think mid table is the best your gonna be) So to call us tossers because we believe were a much better team without killer is 99% proof he wasnt good enough for us.

FFS get a grip. if you didnt want an answer dont come on our board asking for straight up responses!

15. Natchrawldry

Wasn't me that called you arrogant <doh> Although clearly some of your fans are <ok>

16. The Exiled Robin

http://exiledrobin.blogspot.com - thoughts on our new midfielder from myself and from Leeds, as well as a doff of the cap to Millen for pulling off this signing