1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

never mind refusing to rule out a move - buy the **** keano

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by anportmorbhoy, Jan 21, 2010.

1. anportmorbhoy

anportmorbhoy Well-Known Member

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scotti...refuses-to-rule-out-swoop-for-celtics-naylor/

Wish to god we could get rid of this whore. I used to think its good to have some cover - albeit limited ability, but seeing Naylor at the weekend and during the week i cant believe how unfit he has got (and he was never that great before)

****s only 29 too - so should in theory be almost at his peak - i was sure that **** must be about 35 the way he is going

2. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

Thing that gets me is he's out of contract in the summer so why didn't we offload him in August time & get few quid for him?

At that time we had Fox, Hinkel, Misun, Wilson, Caddis & O'Dea who can play fullback, Robson, McManus & Caldwell if push comes to shove. He's hardly been called in to action so would hardly have been missed.

He'll sit it out & sign for free somewhere in the summer or we'll let him go for nothing.

3. Maltese Mick

Maltese Mick Guest

I feel sorry for the fella, he was runner up for player of the year in his first season and seemed to really try hard. Now he's turned to a donkey every **** shouts abuse at him every time he touches the ball.

4. Bhoy From Brum

He's not as bad as we make out, but he was the weaklink for far too long with nobody pressing him for his place, not really his fault he got so complacent.

5. anportmorbhoy

I think Naylor is a perfect example of celtic fans short sightedness at times.

He was never any good in my mind. He simply appeared decent in them first few months as he was 10 times better than Camara - so we were delighted. Bt then when he tturned out not to be Roberto Carlos after that 6 month honeymoon period he got abuse - Fox will get the same, and his replacement too - only potentially less patience as time goes on IMO

6. Bhoy From Brum

I never thought he was up to much, his crossing ability was the biggest myth I've ever heard, but he also wasn't as bad as folk make out.

He's an ok player to have in the squad, but if we're getting rid of the deadwood he would fit in to that category for me. He's probably on at least £10k a week & I'm sick to death of having these 'ones for the future' for years without them ****ing playing. Half of our 'youth' players are 23!! The likes of McGowan, Ferry, Grant etc. Now they might not be world class players but when will they ever be given a run of games if we have so many squad players like Naylor?

If Fox is injured why not let Misun have a run? We've bought the guy over from abroad so assuming he's a decent prospect. Play him a few games to blood him in gently as Naylor will piss off & he'll be thrown in the deepend should Fox get injured.

7. ThatsNoExcuse

ThatsNoExcuse Member

Misun had an injury to his knee where apparently something "exploded". I no Doc but that don't sound good. He's expected to be back in full training around March at the earliest. This is from CH67.

Naylor needs shooting. Maybe if he could keep his crosses simple instead of trying to be a star it might work. It's either that or he knows about the invisible aliens that hover above us, watching. He's trying to hit them out the sky.

McManus knows about them too.

8. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

please log in to view this image
    That's classic. Probably true also.

9. ThatsNoExcuse

ThatsNoExcuse Member

It's no true.

McManus has no clue about the aliens. He's just ****e.

10. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

Anybody else notice McManus looked good next to big Bobo but put him with anyone else and he's ****e. I never really rated Bobo, but maybe he wasn't so ****e after all

11. ThatsNoExcuse

ThatsNoExcuse Member

It's so easy to forget the number of times you came close to a heart attack.

The resurgence in Biggo Bobo's reputation is testimony to that.

12. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

Yeah true. It's probably true, Bobo was just a dirty great **** who could surprise you by pulling out a magic tackle from nowhere every so often. But his decision making was comical at times. He was still better than Loovens/Caldwell/McManus/O'Dea though.

13. DrewHLMW

DrewHLMW New Member

sooner we get rid of naylor the better. we need a new LB anyway to either replace fox or to cover for him when he's injured.

14. anportmorbhoy

I think the thing with all the centre halves at the club ie Loovens, McManus, O'Dea (and Caldwell) is that i feel all of them would be better with a big brute along side of them. I believe a big impsoing centre half would see any of the aforementioned players improve to a better standard

Oh and Bobo was ****e - was a bombscare - but so are the others. My belief isnt that Bobo was world class - its just that he was less ****e than the others - therefore should have played before them.

And while im at it can i say also that i beleive Darren O'Dea to be suffering from something similar in the eyes of some fans. People say hes ****e, makes mistakes etc - ie sunderland in a friendly blaha blah blah - this is true he does make mistakes, and will continue to do so - hes not world class and isnt the overall answer to our problems - but he too is slightly less ****e than anyone else at the club (i'' reserve judgement on the two new lads) and therefore shoudl play every week. People will point to O'Deas mistake at the weekend - and say its proof he shoudlnt play - O'Dea may make errors everynow and again - but Caldwell and Mick made mistakes every game - O'Da doesnt

15. Bhoy From Brum

Agree Anport that the centrehalves we have/have been linked to are not the big brute of a defender we need, but would play better alongside one.

St Ledger is a decent player, Senderos would not be a bad but also..........but they are the same sort of player as Caldwell ffs & that didn't work this season!!

We need a big **** to challenge every high ball, get tight to the physical strikers & allow the partner to mop up. Every good team has this sort of partnership. Man Utd have Vidic to do the dirty work, man marking the striker, generally getting stuck in & Ferdinand to cover him, pick up the pieces & generally run the back line to ensure players are picked up.

Obviously we wont get players of that ability but currently we have 2 defenders who seem unable to mark a striker (lets face it most teams are 4-5-1) or get stuck in.