1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Manager Poll

Discussion in 'Watford' started by colognehornet, Dec 1, 2019.

?

Who do you want to be the new manager ?

1. Chris Hughton

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Mark Hughes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Quique Setien

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Slavisa Jokanovic

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Alan Pardew

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Paul Clement

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Aidy Boothroyd !!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Tony Pulis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Francesco Guidolin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. oldfrenchhorn

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  1. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

So who do you want to take up the helm at the Vic ? I have copied out the bookies favourites here, and understand that Jürgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola, Diego Simeone and Erik ten Hag are all otherwise engaged. Or could it be fat Sam ? Personally I would splash out the money for Benitez but he is not on the list of bookies favourites.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Hornet-Fez likes this.
  2. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Do you think a new manager can get anthing else out of these players?

I am not sure a new manager will make much difference. I still fear we are going down.

andytoprankin likes this.
  3. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What are my odds? <yikes>
    Not sure that my revolutionary style with wingers, inside and center forward would gain approval. Also would the owners be prepared to have a part of the training ground turned into a vegetable plot?
    Given a hefty wedge I might consider it as it would be unlikely to last that long.

4. colognehornet

If the best we can offer in terms of conditions is 'try to keep us up and then go' then we are not going to get much in the way of a manager. My fear is that we have become a poisoned chalice and that good managers will not want to come here. We should be looking for a good championship manager with pedigree with next season in mind. During the summer we should get our business done early (and there's a lot to be done) and not rely on a young, unproven, winger and a crock brought in at the last minute. I'm not sure if anyone on that list is able to come in and see some potential which we don't know about - but it could happen. I feel we need a manager who commands respect - whose pedigree is so far above that of the players that respect is a matter of course - in that way if anyone can cause a turnaround this season it would be someone like Benitez. but would a manager like that work for the Pozzos ?

5. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Deeney as player manager? Doubt that'd happen though

Chris 13 likes this.
  6. colognehornet

I love good old fashioned wingers and centre forwards Frenchie. I would love to see a new Darius Henderson or Heidar Helguson at the club and wingers like Cally - a good old fashioned 5-3-2 system like we played at school. I also like the idea of turning part of the training ground into a veggie plot - they can practice shooting between the bean sticks.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  7. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Michel Def Zakaria would be a good choice. Currently manager at Montpellier he has been successful wherever he has been, and might be tempted to have a go in the PL.

8. colognehornet

If he is 'def' to all criticism and back chat from players it might be a good thing <laugh> Seriously I think that the new manager should be for next year as well because if the players know he's only here for the rest of this season then it's not such a good thing. We have too many layers of hierarchy at the club and a new manager should only be answerable to one person - and should not be afraid to tell them exactly what is needed.

9. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

Won't happen but Deeney for player / coach !

10. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Benitez. Commands respect. Will command the dressing room. Will inspire the players. Will inherit a much better squad than he had at Newcastle. Has the experience.

Probably out of our reach. Alas.

11. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

Yes it's all a bit depressing at the moment. But it's also a bit random. VAR has denied us 6 points. If every other team can claim that then forget it, but I doubt it. The injuries might be the fault of the clubs choice of back room staff, but there's no doubt they have made it more difficult for a club with WFC's resources. From my observations - all home games and a couple away, all we need is a reliable goal scorer. That is all ! We play decent football, have good players and systems, have a good goalkeeper or 3 (BTW in the Burnley game, who was Mom - Pope ! ). Maybe we over achieved last season- got a bit lucky, got a bit complacent in recruitment.
    However, and we should remember this - we are owned by football people (person) who believe in the club in the community, believe in what a top flight club can do for the suppporters , the community and are not a) carpetbaggers, b) using football to wash away their crimes c) launder their illicit income d) milk the system for their own benefit.
    COYH

12. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Agreed

13. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

But we need goals. ;)

yorkshirehornet and canary-dave like this.
  14. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

<applause>. <ok>

canary-dave likes this.
  15. colognehornet

Just a thought - they're not on the list of favourites but would we consider an ex Hornet for the job ? Like Nigel Gibbs or Kenny Jackett - also Tim Sherwood has slipped off the radar in recent years.
    Having read through other Watford FC forums, other names have been suggested such as:
    Boris Johnson - It would be good to get him out of his other job, and give him job security until May. Being a Premiership manager pays more than his present job - and, although we could face the drop, it could be worth it <laugh>
    Jeremy Corbyn - This would follow a family tradition, because one of his family has worked at the club !
    Big Daddy and Madonna have also been named as possibilities !

16. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

17. duggie2000

Hayden Mullins for the foreseeable future
    Might give some of the youngsters chance
    If we do go down the under 23 squad with a couple of the experienced player from the first team squad might get us back up first time

18. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

I still expect it to be a European based manager although the Mail are claiming our players want an English boss ..

19. duggie2000

I don't mind a European manager as long as he is or has been a successful Premiership manager
    What we don't need ever, ever again is a journeyman foreign manager with a year to win something, that no longer works, and, the manager/coach must have at least a say in recruitment
    There is a experienced manager out there called Samuella Allardicio, he could rescue us this year and prepare Mullins for long term management

20. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Well Mark Hughes has been installed as favourite.

Someone who seems to have got worse as a manager as time has gone on.