1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New membership scheme & Thirty's Plenty...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Mar 9, 2016.

1. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

No You've said that I haven't! I've said this before I don't lie! A lot of the people I came across who wanted hull tigers were old! The ring of women stopping the flyers going on AA's car were old! That's a fact because I saw it! Don't make it personel because I assume you're older that I'm picking on you! I've also posted that it's a disgrace that oaps & children are expected to pay the same as me! And at the end of your blast at me YOU are having a go at youngsters!

2. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

I think you're generalising too much if you think all ''old'' people were for the name change and all the ''young'' people were for it, I also think that's the point that CC is making - I've spoken to lots of people re. the name change; a lot (mostly older types) were fairly ambivalent, I found the anti-name changers were of all age groups, I only ever met one real ardent pro-name changer and he was mid to late 40's ........ he was thick as ****in' **** without a single argument other than ''he saved us with his money, he can call us what he likes'', a waste of time debating with that argument! Just for the record, I'm anti name change, 62 years of age and I ain't ****ing old yet btw!

3. The greengrocer

Read it again! Castro mentioned the youngsters not me! All I've ever said is what IV'E experienced is the pro name changers were old! That's MY experience! Castro started slating young Man U fans etc.

4. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

All I mentioned was that all the embarrassing twats who were supposedly City fans I saw applauding Man Utd off the bus, asking Rooney to wave and mobbing Gerrard at the end of the game were young fans. That's MY experience!
    You mentioned oldies, not me! Like SSS, the only pro name changer I have come across was about 40. Probably never been to City prior to the arrival of Adam Pearson and the move to the KC.

5. The greengrocer

And that's fine if that's what you've experienced! But I'll stand by what I've seen and heard! I sit in the west & ive heard oldies shouting shut up when CTWD was sung on 19.04 or am I making that up?

6. Barchullona

You have heard some shouting that. The trouble is you are using that to generalise. In any case the ones who sit in Upper West tend to be those who claim to have been supporters for over 50 years when in fact they went during the days of Chillo and Waggy, stopped going after Terry Neill's first couple of seasons and then only went to the odd cup game against top flight opposition until the move to the KC. Some of them indeed are quite happy for the club to be called anything as long as they can watch them playing in the PL. us oldies who stuck with them supported Hull City through thick and thin want to enjoy seeing any good times as Hull City. If we tumble down the divisions the ones who want us to be Hull City will still be there. The types who would be happy with a name change and who boo people chanting CTID, as happened previously, won't,

7. Muffinthegoat

Muffinthegoat Well-Known Member

The people sat behind us in E6 were young, middle aged, and old. We'd all been sat there from the beginning at the KC and we would chat about all sorts prior to kick off. One game we were told by some of them in no uncertain terms, while we were singing CTID, that we should be getting behind the team. It wasn't even 19.04. That was the final straw for my wife, she told them what she thought and we didn't renew our passes.

Barchullona likes this.
  8. The greengrocer

All your points are valid and I'm not pointing my finger at all oaps! All I'm saying is in MY experience it's been oldies that have pissed me off at games! Someone may have the same opinion of the youngsters! I think we'll agree to disagree! As has been mentioned AA has history of dividing fans! We all remember the booing of CTWD and that wasn't just the west that did that!

9. Billy Blys Cap

And this is not a generalisation?

The greengrocer likes this.
  10. Barchullona

Yes. He was generalising so I followed his lead.

11. Barchullona

Depends on your definition of oldies.<laugh> People I know in their sixties have a much younger attitude than some of our younger fans, who don't seem to grasp what supporting a team is all about and just sit there demanding to be entertained. Spectators not supporters. My son was asked by a copper once to try and control his dad, much to his amusement at that reversal of the norm.
    My wife used to go regularly in the 70s and 80s and saw some bad times.I took her along to the KC and she asked when people stopped being vocal and what was the point of just sitting there offering no encouragement. She is pretty quiet but she was quite vocal with her thoughts and got quite a few glares from the ones sat around us who were much younger. And this was in the East Stand,

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  12. ILivedTheDream

ILivedTheDream Active Member

Is this for real? I've not seen anyone else claiming this. I emailed the club yesterday and am waiting for a response. I hope this will extend to E6.

13. 14 on Jack's Shirt

14 on Jack's Shirt Active Member

Turns out it's because I'm in the "Founder Members"... If they don't roll it out to all they can stuff my memberships where the sun don't shine!

Kempton likes this.
  14. ILivedTheDream

ILivedTheDream Active Member

Fair enough, I'm still waiting for a response. They have acknowledged receiving my email and passed it on to the correct people.

15. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

Dam i left mine in the stadium on Saturday

Ripped into a few hundred pieces.

**** off Allams

16. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

Rip it up
    **** Allam off