1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

League 2 Bradford! Not even League 1..

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  2. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

It was fine for the first few games, when we actually had less options than we do now. No reason we can't turn it around again.

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

In our 118 year history, we've had a foreign manager for a grand total of 26 months, it's not been much of an experiment (particularly as for 5 of those months, we saw some of the best football I've ever seen City play).

I don't care where the manager comes from, I only care about him being good at his job.

4. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Which suggests that the previous two, Slutsky and Shota weren't. I wouldn't disagree, in general, with the point about him being good at his job.

5. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

Imagine Marco Silva with the funding we have here now.

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

What funding? Will be interesting to see where the moneys come from and if we aren’t in the **** with it

and he got rid of seri
    So…

7. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

After those first few optimistic games, teams got wise to us and realised that a relentless press leaves us with no out ball. We've done little to counteract that strategy so our next opponents scout it and then repeat.

A new manager has to fix that first otherwise we'll never get upfield enough to stay in games.

Kempton, M88 EVN, Help! and 2 others like this.
  8. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

I think momentum and feel good factor as well as sheer dumb luck helped a lot in those games.

askewshair likes this.
  9. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Agree with that OLM... The person you mentioned changed the players psyche and gained their respect from the minute he arrived...

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I imagine that's the plan.

11. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

What happens if acun decides it's not worth more and pulls out
    How financially secure is the club

12. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Poodle alert - five defeats, and Acun's ****ing off and we're getting relegated, - ffs

13. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Very good post tbf.
    I too remember the Lloyd era well! I get and share 'your worry'. But fjor now I continue to hope and pray, and choose to still believe, that Acun will learn and will get it right. But yes, it could also go spectacularly wrong.
    -> "The free trip to Turkey for some fans is another publicity stunt, sounds good in press interviews, but is it really our number one priority at the moment?"
    I think that's a bit unfair and unrepresentative of the reality. Nobody is saying it's 'number one priority' and personally I think it's way more that just 'another publicity stunt'. We have seen an ongoing conveyor belt of initiatives that are aimed to raise the club's profile, raise additional income streams (sponsors etc), and engage positively with the fans & community. Beyond a breath of fresh air. Long may such things continue. But of course, the most important issue is what is happening on the pitch come match day. I'd feel more comfortable if Acun was a little less involved in the footballing side, but continues the brilliant PR, marketing, etc work - maybe he will be when things settle with a competent management team in the future.

nbetiger and The B&S Fanclub like this.
  14. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Nail on head hitting.....Need to channel ball down the wings and provide telling cut backs for players to run onto. Fundamental method of scoring goals, but we don't do it. We plough down the centre hoping for a crafty one-two to put a player on point. Not working as we easily get smothered in and around the edge of the box, early doors.

nbetiger likes this.
  15. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Might not be able to totally 'correct' some issues until the Jan window, but a bit of organisation, communication, coherence and confidence should go a long way to improving things before then.

PLT likes this.
  16. Mckechnie Orange

Bed wetters are still at it I see.

We won games because individual quality shone through in those games.

As a team we've gone backwards recently but we still have capable individuals just need some confidence and stability back.

A gritty DM would help but the way we've been disorganised and all over the place tactically it probably wouldn't have made much difference to recent results anyway.

The current group is well capable of improvement between now and January regardless.

17. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

We look physically weak and we can't change that until January. Yes we have players coming back, but they'll be short of match fitness, which won't help towards that massive problem.

I don't see any new manager/coach being able to sort that out after the transfer window

I don't know what the answer is tbh. Not in time to save us from a relegation scrap.

We look physically weak and you just can't afford that at this level.

SydneyTiger14 and Wessie Exile like this.
  18. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

No manager ever took over a club when things are going well. I'm sure we will improve under this guy but, as always, twt.

PLT and Mckechnie Orange like this.
  19. Mckechnie Orange

Martins hasn't come in for a relegation scrap. He knows what he has to work with. I'm not saying we'll start pissing it without a bit of added grit, but there's scope for the current lot to improve sigificantly between now and Jan.

20. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

I thought we were better on friday. Daws has had a bit longer to prepare for this game so I'm hopefull

Mckechnie Orange likes this.