1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Gil T Azell, May 10, 2019.

1. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Is this genuine or fake news? Just seen this on the ever so reliable facey.

Attached Files:

• sky.jpg
      sky.jpg
      File size:
      16.3 KB
      Views:
    Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. smithy in nl

smithy in nl Well-Known Member

Seems to have legs mate let’s hope if it’s true they have a good bit coin to throw at it.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  3. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

There’s something in it, and was always gonna happen, they never had the finances to run it and progress it long term.

They’ve been fantastic, whatever happens. Hopefully as and when they do sell it’s too someone with mega-money.

The PSG guys are looking for an English club, and are supposedly cutting funding for PSG due to their failures this season.

Jack TheLad and Gil T Azell like this.
  4. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

0HAVE YOUR SAY
    Stewart Donald is in talks to sell Sunderland, according to reports.
    Sky Sports reporter Keith Downie has revealed that talks have been ongoing about a takeover, with a summer change in ownership likely.

please log in to view this image

Keith Downie

✔@SkySports_Keith

BREAKING: Sunderland owner Stewart Donald is in talks to sell the club. I understand that he’s had a number of good offers to sell, but as yet nothing is agreed. Donald is currently deciding which way to turn. One way or another, Sunderland will have new summer investment. #SAFC
    Donald has previously made no secret of his desire to find fresh investment for the club, and takeover rumours have intensified in recent weeks.

Various reports have suggested that bids - totalling anywhere between £40million and £70million, depending on Sunderland achieving promotion, are set to come over the summer, and the Sky report perhaps offers the firmest suggest yet that the Black Cats could be the subject of a summer takeover.

It seems that no deal has been agreed as of yet, with Donald weighing-up his options.

In a tweet, Downie said: “Sunderland owner Stewart Donald is in talks to sell the club.

“I understand that he’s had a number of good offers to sell, but as yet nothing is agreed.

“Donald is currently deciding which way to turn.

”One way or another, Sunderland will have new summer investment.”

More to follow.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  5. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

just beat me to it by 2 mins TWAT...........<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Gil T Azell likes this.
  6. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Don't think Donald will make any decisions until he knows which league were in next season.

7. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

I held back for 10 to give you a chance <whistle><whistle><whistle>

8. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Sounds legit, I trust Donald and Methven to make the right decision for the club. Hell even Short played a blinder by selling to Donald so onwards and upwards hopefully.

Gil T Azell and Makemstine Roger like this.
  9. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

Stewart Donald Sunderland sale update: NO DEAL is close and Sky Sports have ‘jumped the gun’
    Roker Report have spoken directly to Stewart Donald this evening in order to clarify rumours that he’s close to selling Sunderland AFC.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  10. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Don't think Sky ever said a deal was close to happening they just suggested that he was fielding a few offers. You'd think for one thing that it'll be after the season is done and dusted and we know what league we're in.

Gil T Azell likes this.

11. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

I'd like to see them stay involved when they do sell.

Was inevitable to be honest. They don't quite have the clout to spend big even in the Championship.

Gil T Azell, Dorset and Nacho like this.
  12. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

That'd be ideal, they might not have loads of money but they know what they're doing in terms of finance and marketing. I bet there aren't many clubs who are happier with their owners.

Dorset and Makemstine Roger like this.
  13. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

I'm hopeful that SD & Co will stay on as Chairman & Directors because they know what they are doing and have shown us how to run a league club professionally.

14. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I wonder if his “twitter break” has anything to do with this

I’m hoping it’s more of a “new investment “ and he stays on. Him and Methven have been amazing fir us.

15. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I agreed in the main but jury has to be out until the accounts come in for next year. At the end of the day if Sunderland don't go up and, after having many debts covered by Short, the club is sinking back into the red then it's going to be hard to remain positive about them imho. Fingers crossed they go up.

16. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

There's no doubt that they've increased revenue, they're being hamstrung by having a big wage bill and being in league one as well as leaking money from a multitude of other areas such as staffing which they're addressing. We don't need to go up this season for it to be obvious that Donald and Methven have done an excellent job with what they have.

17. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

With Stewy saying they've 'jumped the gun' on these reports, I have a feeling that the deals are reliant on us being promoted first.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  18. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Report names the American stockbroker who is apparently fronting new Sunderland investment group
    A report in the Scottish Sun has named the man - an American stockbroker - who is apparently fronting the investment group who are supposedly buying into Sunderland this summer.
    One of the businessmen looking to buy into Sunderland has been revealed, according to media reports, as American stockbroker Mark Campbell.
    According to the Scottish Sun, Campbell - backed by money from the Far East - is the investor linked with a move to install John Park as the club’s new director of football.
    The same Campbell-led consortium if also in talks to purchase Scottish outfit Falkirk. Falkirk were recently relegated to the third tier of Scottish football and talks are ongoing between a group that owns 62% of the club and the Sunderland-linked consortium.
    The article goes on to claim that Falkirk are seen as a potential feeder club for Sunderland if both takeovers go through, but there are two other interested parties in the Scottish club, so the purchase of Falkirk is far from guaranteed.
    Sunderland would face competition for Park from Celtic if Campbell’s takeover is successful, with the Scottish champions chief executive Peter Lawwell hoping to convince Park to return to Parkhead with Neil Lennon if he is made Celtic’s next manager.
    https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/20...ntly-fronting-new-sunderland-investment-group