1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owners - the moral dilemma

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Feb 8, 2023.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

It is being reported today that bids for the club are expected to close sometime towards the end of next week. The interest from Ineos is well documented, as is tentative interest from the likes of Apple, Amazon etc, but reports are emerging of strong interest from Qatari investors. The very thought of oil money flowing into the club makes me sick, especially as we can all see the corrupting influence of Middle Eastern money on City - but in the modern era is there really any viable alternative?

I don't think Ineos stand a chance, they are looking for value and the Glazers won't like that, and any American interest will be tainted by the thought of a repeat of the Glazer era, plus a corporate owners priority will always be to their shareholders rather than fans and the fortunes of the club will always be subject to the owners financial performance outside of football. I suspect the Qataris will offer too much for the Glazers to ignore as we all know their one and only interest in the club has been to make money.

cytrax likes this.
  2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

This with my sarcastic head on, but is there even a moral dilemma?

The narrative during the world cup is we all ignore their impish ways because there's is a different culture, is this not the case now?

*FYI, I can't stand the idea of Middle Eastern ownership, and the stain it brings with it. I would much prefer Ineos.
    He may have less money to bring, but then United is self financing. The 'only' thing we've been restricted by for the last twenty years is the massive debt leveraged on us by the American leeches. We don't need to make up sponsors and wash money.

Diego likes this.
  3. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

I see the mental gymnastics are starting around middle Eastern money. If it happens you'll just have to own it gentlemen.

4. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Inios will lump us with debt just like the Glazers. That guy won’t have the funds to develop our ground or training facilities either, I hope Ratcliffe is a billion miles away with his bid.

I’d take a sportswashing ME owner all day over a Yankee Franchise Boehly-like Retard, and let’s face it, the Yanks have done far worse than the Qataris or the Emiratis.

Munson. likes this.
  5. Dr Van Helsing

Even the people saying they're not comfortable with oil money will be comfortable with oil money.

6. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

We are the biggest brand in all of sports which will be reflected in the sale price. What’s for certain is we can compete without oil money if the owners are not saddling us with debt.

What ME owners will offer extra is the facility to redevelop without it affecting the transfer budget. Something that put Arsenal into the wilderness for almost 20 years.

7. Dr Van Helsing

All I know is that nobody likes oil money until it's theirs and then it's absolutely great.

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

The Qatari group were approached by Raines (forget the name exactly but the company managing the sale) to actually submit an interest. Seems to me it's a way of drumming up interest from other parties by the deadline next week, nothing more.

Despite their initial interest, it's unlikely the Qatari group will actually make a bid, and if they do won't be near what the Glazers want. And they won't be going gung ho in some drive to buy the club.

Btw I couldn't give a **** who buys the club as long as it's self sufficient AND actually run by football men at the top.

9. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Not sure if true

10. Dr Van Helsing

Welcome to the perverse pleasure of being an oil club.

You'll thoroughly enjoy it.

11. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

As long as the dippers are kept out the top 4 I dont care who owns UTD. All morality has now gone in the pursuit of winning the league/CL

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Here we go <laugh>

Yeh cos that's how it happens.

Diego likes this.
  13. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Can we please string this out a little longer, my shares in the club have only doubled in these last couple of weeks.....

14. Dr Van Helsing

You'll soon realise that jealousy is disguised behind human rights and sportswashing concerns.

Enjoy the hate gentleman... you'll have to own it or perform mental gymnastics.. 1 of the 2.

15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You might just be able to afford a season ticket with that.

16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

We're used to the jealousy mate.

Munson. likes this.
  17. Dr Van Helsing

Here's something we can both use

upload_2023-2-17_21-29-5.gif

HRH Custard VC and Treble like this.
  18. Dr Van Helsing

So which one do man united fans want.
    200.gif

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  19. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

From the moral/ethical view point Ineos would be better. But if the ultimate ambition is to win trophies, profit no object (with only FFP being the limiting factor) then the Q bid could be better. The Q owners like those of City, PSG Newcastle are not really in football to extract significant dividends from their clubs. They want something else like credibility, global popularity, recognition, and whatever else an oil rich country would be looking for.

Ineos oth have to keep an eye on the books and have to make sure the shareholders are happy. Recruitment of better players and coaching staff ? Possibly but not assured.

20. Dr Van Helsing

Oil money is fine now